Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Did babbies first gravel ride today. I was having too much fun to take any more pictures. There was a good mix of single track and fire road. However, I did feel like I traded the "predictability" of cars for the unpredictability of a bike coming at me around a curve on the single track. The open fire roads where I could confidently pick up more speed and see farther ahead of me were more my style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

e.pilot posted:

And the reason it was the last Stuntman™ ride today is because other than a messed up brake line olive, I finally finished building this tonight.

Behold the Spirit of Gravel™ a 2019 Kona Jake the Snake :madmax:

My only criticism of your build is the SRAM cassette. The slight differences of the ramps on Shimano lead to much better shifting IMO. If you haven't bought cassettes for all your wheel sets already buy a Shimano 11-42 and try it out. I'd say it's well worth the extra weight.

Otherwise sweet ride.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
It was overcast and windy, but a gravel ride is a good ride.

Tigren fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 22, 2019

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

PabloBOOM posted:

First we had to add guidance about limiting gun chat.

You all keep this up and I'm going to crack down on chat about tires under 40 :colbert:

(I'm just kidding, the spirit of gravel welcomes all, you do your thing. I will add that my GKs in 50 are very supple)

Lachy would like to have a word regarding tires and gears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cilFUlCxqM8

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Mountain bikes and bikers seem to totally trash trails. I say keep them to specifically designed MTB trails and no where else.