Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

g-one speed goes down to 650bx40 (I have the 60mm and they're a little undersized). I'm not sure about the sidewall color situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

rope kid posted:

BTW, I'm still trying to find a good 38(ish)x650b mud tire for my Trek. I have 42mm Babyshoe Pass tires on it at the moment but I'm nervous about putting 42mm Pumpkin Ridge tires on because I think the knobs will get too close to the fender. Anyone know of something good in the 38-40mm range? 650b pls.

Looks like schwalbe has some g-one variants that start at 650b x 40mm. My 60mm g-one speeds are undersized by a couple of millimeters.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

So does anyone see much benefit to the new Shimano gravel rear derailleurs with a clutch, over a normal r7000? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth an extra thirty bucks. I don't need support for a super wide-range cassette because I already have a sub-compact crank on this bike

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

yeah, good point about stopping chain slap, it's probably worth it to me just for that

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I looked up your bike out of curiosity and it looks like they put a praxis crank on the 2020 and a shimano crank on the 2021 so they know they hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

specialized sawtooth? I got a pair when specialized had them on sale for $12 each. I can't really comment because I haven't set them up yet, but they are certainly a beefier tire than gravelkings