Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Many people are saying the Gophers are good, and hell, who am I to disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Can't believe Antoine Winfield single handedly saved Minnesota from losing to fresno on the last play of the game 2 years in a row. That poo poo hurt.

Highbrow Slick fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 9, 2019

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
It appears that the Minnesota Golden Gophers are good at football

PS gently caress Penn State

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
As a lifelong Minnesotan I have a hard time accepting that this is real. It’s like being told gravity doesn’t actually exist.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1193252865529335808

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Lord of Hats posted:

As a lifelong Minnesotan I have a hard time accepting that this is real. It’s like being told gravity doesn’t actually exist.

Based on my personal eye test results Penn State actually sucked all year so there's that!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Alexa, spy on my every conversation.

edit: God is on Goldie's side.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 9, 2019

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

lmfao the gophers were good all along

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

same, particularly the lifelong minnesotan part

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
LET'S loving GO

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Thank you and gently caress a Nittany Lion

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015
drat, nice win dudes. I feel y'all are gonna take a massive jump in the polls now, like 10 spots or something crazy

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Let’s Go The Motherfuckin Goofers

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The Lord of Hats posted:

:same:

Can someone who is a fan of a team that regularly wins college football games explain what is happening right now?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol I work in Coffman, Monday is gonna own

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lol Penn State

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Goldy bitch

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

C-Euro posted:

Goldy bitch

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I mean they’re going to be like 5th

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
I thought for sure Fleck was a sloganeering fraud, but I was wrong.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

they suck

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
man i am loving sick of ohio state so yeah sure whatever win the big ten please even though that aint gonna happen

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wow they won the big10 west. they join such champions as... northwestern... and uhh iowa, and wisconsin 3 times. what an epic division

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

would the op say they are legends? or leaders?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

wow they won the big10 west. they join such champions as... northwestern... and uhh iowa, and wisconsin 3 times. what an epic division

what legends or leaders or whategver

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

drat did goldy steal your bottle

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Roasted Donut posted:

man i am loving sick of ohio state so yeah sure whatever win the big ten please even though that aint gonna happen

Not an emptyquote

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I have loved the gophers since 2011 when we went 3-9 and holy poo poo we are one of the last undefeated teams in 2019

it’s weird and I am happy and don’t know how to feel about it

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Soup du Jour posted:

I have loved the gophers since 2011 when we went 3-9 and holy poo poo we are one of the last undefeated teams in 2019

it’s weird and I am happy and don’t know how to feel about it
bray wyatt's the fiend but instead it's goldie

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I keep cheering for Minnesota's sustained success because I am actually Fleck's jilted lover, hoping that if I continue to love him hard enough, he will actually come home (come home PJ)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
should i change it to its goldy time. Don't know much about the football team but goldy seems like a cool guy who I'd like to be friends with

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Minnesota wide receivers are going to get big rear end paid.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

torturemyballs posted:

drat, nice win dudes. I feel y'all are gonna take a massive jump in the polls now, like 10 spots or something crazy

“After lengthy deliberation, the committee has placed Minnesota at rank 20, citing a lack of games against quality opponents”

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I hope you leap Alabama in the CFP standings.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

a 12-1 Minnesota with a loss in the Big Ten Title game would have a better resume than an 11-1 Alabama at the end of the season. Iowa/Penn State/Wisconsin are probably better than Auburn/A&M, and both teams played mostly the dregs of their respective conference (Arkansas vs Rutgers might be a toss-up)

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Minnesota fans would rather take the Rose Bowl than a CFP spot though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Adun posted:

Minnesota fans would rather take the Rose Bowl than a CFP spot though

yeah they're way more likely to beat Oregon than Ohio State or LSU, plus the Big Ten-ness of the Rose Bowl

i'm just saying that to put in perspective how lame Bama's schedule is this year that Minnesota will have ended the year playing more competitive, ranked teams than Bama.