Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
There's an almighty epic battle for *checks* 3rd-5th and 9th to let's say 12th? in the drivers championship and a hugely important and thrilling squabble for 6th and 7th in the constructors so be sure to tune into the Formula 1® Heineken® Grande Prêmio Do Brasil 2019 15-17th Nov and the Formula 1® Etihad Airways® Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2019 29th Nov-1st Dec

Ferrari should be ashamed of their season, but their failure sustains me so I'm happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Ferrari are so fraudulent that they demand extra money for making GBS threads up the sport the longest and they still don't win.

When you can't win even with an unfair advantage it's time to go home

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Nico Hulkenberg RIP as well

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Kubica finished 10th and got a point. 10th is better than 15th by my calculations

E: 15th at Silverstone as well

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Pablo Bluth posted:

The list of personality defects required to support Max Verstappen is a short one:

a) cruelty to animals

b) obsession with fire-setting

c) persistent bedwetting

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Top tip: fill your headphones with nitrogen

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

"Renault F1 crash , São Paulo -Senna Tribute"

Wow. That's kinda tasteless Renault

Hey now they didn't do it at Imola

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFDvgTWAYg

Interlagos owns

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That shouldn't be a big surprise, but Red Bull have made weird decisions in the past. Albon has scored more points than Gasly in fewer races including some very good recovery drives. Given the speed disparity between the Red Bull and the McLaren, now he's ahead of Sainz I don't see Albon failing to hold onto 6th.

I'm looking forward to seeing how close he can be to Max next season with a full season in the same car.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Cumin is the true king of spices

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I have considerably more disgust for Nigel Lawson's politics than I do for his appearance

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I like that its energy efficiency rating is '💡'

Is it a Piquet Jr lamp?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

jazzyhattrick posted:

It means that it's compatible with bulbs that have energy efficiencies in that range, if it couldn't be used with older lamps for some reason then the bracket wouldn't reach all the way down to E.

Tediously explaining things is my gimmick damnit

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Mercedes have nothing to play for in the last two races. They also have nothing to lose, so it's hard to predict how much they're going to bother. Toto's not even showing up, they should really take it easy to conserve their staff's energy for next season being super long, alongside trying to get the 2021 car right.

The Ferraris and Verstappen are in a tight contest for 3rd in the WDC so they're winning on wanting it more. I'd love to see Albon get it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Uh you'd better be including a break for 2009 in there

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Brain genius Christian Horner everyone.

It'll be a relatively quick fix on Albon's car at least

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Revoke all of Vettel's titles

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Renault have already been thrashed by McLaren for 4th, and now Toro Rosso are threatening to take 5th from them after Gasly big result today

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

vettel couldnt even get pass albon with fresher tyres and left space for charles to pass him. also the loving moron almost crashed into him at the restart of the first yellow car. the guy plain sucks and next year i will root for RBR. if anyone will beat mercedes im sure as hell wont be those loving losers at ferrari

If you squint, you could probably convince yourself that the orange cars are red, that's got to be better than rooting for red bull

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
They get paid more money than everyone else and are basically allowed to cheat whenever they like and they still can't win with the fastest car. It's impressive how bad they are.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I would be very surprised to see a full season DSQ unless the FIA have a whistleblower who can confirm they've been doing whatever it is all season. Seems like a BAR in 2005 situation if they're definitely caught cheating: DSQ from Interlagos (not that it matters) and for Abu Dhabi.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Norris started well but has faded a bit towards the end of the season, Giovinazzi seems to have had the opposite trajectory but hasn't yet done anything outstanding. Albon has been solid all season and has easily earned a Red Bull drive for 2020 since he switched in. Russell has done really excellently at Williams, to the point where he's going to be a team leader in his second season of F1, but it is Williams.

1. Albon
2. Russell
3. Norris
4. Giovinazzi

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He sure is doing the job he was employed to do

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The only question is Renault now. If they don't make any moves to secure a second team to supply when McLaren change to Mercedes power it'll be a pretty clear sign they've had enough again.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Thanks Ants posted:

At which point the team would go as well I guess, :rip: Danny Ric

Nah, someone will pick up the Enstone outfit. Ross Brawn says they have plenty of potential entrants if they want to expand or need to replace a team and buying out Enstone if Renault pull out is a really easy way to do it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The worst in my lifetime is definitely Villeneuve. Kimi didn't deserve to win in 2007 and was a pretty lovely reigning champ but I'll concede he had performances earlier in his career that mean I don't mind him having a championship, I just don't think it should have been that one. Rosberg had to risk everything including his family and rely on things falling apart for Lewis and just scraped across the line. Then he ran away.

Jenson Button is a well deserved champion who won a fairytale championship and prevented ultimate fraud Sebastian Vettel from having one more undeserved title to his name.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Big Huski Boi posted:

Kimi is one of the best drivers of this generation who never won a title in his prime because McLaren sucked too much. He lucked into a title he deserved at Ferrari then immediately quit trying. Please stop saying bad things about my friend Kimi.

I don't disagree with anything you've said here, other than him being part of 'this generation'

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVGK2gOTyY

The highlights of Hulkenberg's entire career according to F1 YouTube

• Qualified 3rd
  • Retires from 3rd place gained after front runners hit each other
  • Overtakes a Williams
  • Punted off the track
  • Scores 1 point having started 5th
  • Finishes 4th
  • Doesn't get overtaken for 6th (in Monaco)
  • Crashes from the lead
  • Defends for 4th place
  • Got on pole once

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He was just that fast and held back to spare the other drivers' blushes. Must've lost concentration and accidentally shown his true power

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The gently caress Valtt and Romain. It's FP2.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Some of the worst race direction I've seen in a long time. Constant scrapping going on between the orange and yellow cars and then later Perez joined in as well. Absolutely none of it shown on screen in a race with nothing else going on. Congrats on making a dull race more boring for no good reason.

Good on Carlitos grabbing 6th. Stroll needs to be sacked by his dad. Another driver in that car this season and they might have pipped Renault in the WCC.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's only an extra team for Mercedes if they keep up the deals with both Racing Point and Williams
Hamilton's only going to go to Ferrari if Vettel quits (which would admittedly be hilarious and overdue)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Lawrence Stroll needs to fire his son. Lance scored 21 points to Perez's 52. That's 31 fewer points than Perez, and 12 of Stroll's 21 points for the season were from a gifted 4th place. For a small team which finished 7th instead of 5th by 18 points that should be grounds for being replaced.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rebus posted:

And now I can take solace in the fact that I have three months of not taking poo poo from everyone I know every other weekend.

It's been very clear to me that the gap between Williams and the midfield has narrowed throughout the year. Considering how far back you started it's been impressive.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Mercedes: 10 poles 15 wins
Ferrari: 9 poles 3 wins
Red Bull: 2 poles 3 wins

Sack everyone at Ferrari

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Khablam posted:

Fun facts from my research from the last two weeks

- the worst thread was incepted in 2007
- there was a first age of elders, with a prime elder (he who created the worst thread)
- it's 2009 before there's any awareness of the above
- in 2013 the thread diverges from the Prime-Elders model into the anarchy years
- in 2015 the Lost Island Model forms
- only one elder has been present in every set of elders, but is not themselves the arch elder
- I've identified the arch elder

The Worst Thread easily goes back to 2004, you fool, you imbecile

2004: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=936194

refer to the footer of the OP in this thread, idiot
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841793

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Theophany posted:

Wow, 17 pages of earnest posting about F1. In 2004 of all years.

Notoriously excitement filled 2004

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It definitely was the worst thread before then, even if it wasn't titled as such

Any serious researcher of thread lore would know that

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Don't you worry I'm doing some hard-core data mining so I can make horrible graphs nobody is interested in. The thread will have content even if it's horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Nice editing out of the first paragraph where he says there's nothing to separate between Lewis and Max, but then picking Max because Lewis had a more recent crash.

Jolyon is real dumb