Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Don't write off wheat-flour tortillas until you've had some of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMIr9a6Kk0Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Lol if you didn’t live with a large Hispanic population and get homemade tortillas and tamales

Those huge, thin Sonoran-style tortillas are way better than any of the wheat tortillas typical of other northern Mexican states, though. You don't find them in nearly as many places in the U.S., however.

Edit: Like this:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

OhsH posted:

El yucateco xxxtra hot

All their sauces are really good.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

MustardFacial posted:

[edit] My parents just came back from Mexico City and were complaining that the food was so bland, that as soon as they got home my mom made a pot of daal and goat curry just so they could taste something again.

Your parents have lost the ability to taste anything but massive quantities of turmeric. It happens.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Indian food is great, but it's kind of weird how much of it looks like diarrhea.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Good luck finding any authentic Tex-Mex ANYWHERE in the Valley of Mexico.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I have Xubuntu installed on an X220 Thinkpad. Using it feels like rooting for Ferrari.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

NtotheTC posted:

It still has a poo poo load of protocols and utilities from GNU.

Does it though? I think it ships with all BSD command-line stuff and you have to install GNU tools yourself if you want, say, a grep with 9000 option switches.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Every time Williams qualifies or finishes 19 and 20, I like to imagine that it is mostly Rebus's fault. It just makes F1 feel more relatable.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I heard you guys were looking for some kebab-related reddit links
https://v.redd.it/wzu4r18jpsm11

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

OhsH posted:

i found out the other day that pierre gasley actually had fans???

Other than Alex Albon?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Lewis is the GOAT and all, but the closest thing he has to a personality is the guy who keeps telling him to GET IN THERE.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
The best brainworms.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

jazzyhattrick posted:

... To be poo poo and bad, just like every other year.

Not true. Their car unveiling will be even fancier and more dramatic than usual because of the new regs.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
You're probably already making sushi rice in an Instant Pot, so just throw your toro or whatever in there with it :shrug:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Every last poster in this horrible thread would derive plenty of genuine enjoyment from Lance winning a WDC driving an Aston Martin- branded Racing Point based on a design Larry bought from Mercedes as part of their exit.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Pirelli: Our 18-inch tires are going to suck and there's nothing you can do about it, lol

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
THE THRILLS, THE PASSION, THE GLORY. You philistines just can't appreciate a tire that is filled with PASSION and made from vulcanized GLORY.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
"A CAR"??!???? That was A FERRARI!!!!

*hurglebufleblergh* *somehow finishes behind Red Bull in the 2020 WCC*

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
IMO, it will be cool to see Lewis tie Schumacher's WDC record this year and then immediately retire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Tsaedje posted:

Being a fan of a team is far inferior to watching the sport through the lens of hatred.

I urge anyone suffering because their team or driver of choice is having a bad time to channel that suffering into a burning desire to watch another team or driver suffer. Learn to sustain yourself on the tears of others, you won't regret it.

This really is the most enjoyable way to approach the sport. It even makes reading /r/f1 fun.

mrfart posted:

Serious question: Why is Grosjean still driving for haas?

Steiner is a masochist who can only become aroused by Grosjean driving into random poo poo for no reason.