Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
I am new to Formula One, this is my first season watching. Was Ricciardo (and the Renault team) supposed to be... good? He seemed like a perfectly good mid field racer, but everyone talks about him like its a big disappointment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
Vettel (and Ferrari) seemed to have made a lot of dumb choices, but I cant help but like Vettel for having at least some semblance of a personality in interviews. Or at least there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made unless you count Max playing bumper cars in an F1 GP. My opinion may be way off the mark based on just watching the 2019 season and not witnessing any of the past history.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

Happy New Years! I think the 2021 cars look awful but if they allow for cars to actually race closely, bring on those glorious hideous cars!

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

Kimi seems cool because he basically got blasted by someone (Max?) on the course and barely said anything on the radio. Meanwhile everyone else complains for 3 laps when another car gets close to them.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt cause apparently you're new to F1.

Kimi Raikkonen is one of the biggest complainers and whiners. The whole "Iceman" poo poo is a marketing myth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X94EMufap4

Yea, he was barely mentioned in 2019 relative to the drivers in the top cars. I'll have to reserve judgment considering I only know Kimi of 2019, which may not be representative. My only other experience with Finns in competitive situations (DotA 2) suggests they are often times laconic.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

I got F1 on-demand thing for $26/yr so I can watch all the old races. Are there any particularly good races I should check out? I've only watch all of 2019's season, and a few races from 2018.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

:Captain America I get this Reference:

I actually knew about this because it was an interesting story from the tires point of view. I work in the polyolefin/polymer/rubber industry, and though the closest I have ever gotten to working on anything F1 tire related was an interview at Bridgestone, its something I can't help but be fascinated by. As such, the cluster gently caress that was the 2005 US GP is a story I heard about long before getting interested in actual F1 racing.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

IMO the guy that ran a marathon in under 2 hours (Eliud Kipchoge) should win over anyone that rides a car/bike really good as their claim to the title.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

The last 10 pages has been an experience.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

Spelling "tire" with a y bothers me. But not as much as how ugly those new tires look. Why get rid of those big chunky boys?

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

I like watching the tires during the race. They seem like they are made out of barely solidified glue that just starts to loving shred half way down the pit lane.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

AOC wont be 35 in January 2021.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

I watched about 2 minutes of that Ferrari F1 car reveal and holy poo poo how does anyone watch this? How does anyone care THAT MUCH about what a car looks like? And do the people there in the crowd want to have sex with the car? Maybe they already have?

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

Rinkles posted:

i kinda dig what they're going for, but modern f1 chassis don't make for great billboards, do they?

I dont know why, but I like that color scheme.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

I dont understand how toeing the wheels in (or out) gives you an advantage. I assume it does, unless this system is like Merc just teabagging the other teams as they go 1-2 in the first 10 GPs

"look at us wiggle our wheels about and still crush you, FAILERRAI!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

What time does the AUS GP start in local Ausi time? I want to know when to properly time my be-poo poo-faced-when-lights-go-out schedule here in EST.