Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

VROOM VROOM posted:

*pounding on back of seat in front of me* meat, meat, meat
*person in front of me turns around* Meat, Meat, Meat
*light-up sign on outside of bus turns on* "MEAT, MEAT, MEAT"

Route: MEAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
,eat meaT meAT Maetttttttt MEEERRRRTRWWWW

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not sure the geography of Delaware, a state I assume you can drive across in an hour, but you may want to poke Nichael to see if the Jess campaign wants to do something with this to help them help more people

maybe your next haul will have a bunch of unsold turkeys!

Oh yeah, Nichael's in Wilmington. The church is technically in Wilmington, about a 20 minute drive from downtown. Maybe I'll DM him about it!

They accept cash donations. Most of the perishables are stuff from grocery stores that would be thrown out otherwise. But they could use donations to buy more and higher quality non-perishables! Plus they always need more volunteers. For some reason you're not allowed to volunteer if you go there to get food.

Imma donate to goon fund as soon as it's feasible, LF and C-SPAM have been such a good influence on me, I owe a lot to goons! But of course I will take care of important stuff first. Unfortunately I'm being evicted and need to find another apartment that will accept my subsidized housing voucher by Jan 31st. But I'm sure I can give back a little if I finally get my SSI check again next month!

timefly has issued a correction as of 23:24 on Dec 28, 2019

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
eat foods
or pay your power
use the goon fund peeps

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

What a heart warming thread. I’ll be signing up when my direct deposit hits tomorrow night. I’ve been literally starving before. There was a point in NYC when I worked as a cook and I’d take all the food scraps home they’d let me, and my wife and I would basically throw it all in a pot with some water and cornstarch, bring it to a boil, and eat scrap/trash “goulash” with tortillas in our SRO weekly rental.

Bookmarking this thread to pop in and check up on how people are doing.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Well yay, goons! I'm getting my SSI/SSDI again! As sketchy as things got these past few months, goon fund made all the difference. Without it I'd have had to abruptly stop my meds, my cats would have eaten only stolen lunchmeat, and I would have spent Thanksgiving and Christmas alone without heat or phone/Internet. So yeah I'm gonna donate as soon as I can and goon fund is good.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Glad things are looking up. Happy New year!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

timefly posted:

Well yay, goons! I'm getting my SSI/SSDI again! As sketchy as things got these past few months, goon fund made all the difference. Without it I'd have had to abruptly stop my meds, my cats would have eaten only stolen lunchmeat, and I would have spent Thanksgiving and Christmas alone without heat or phone/Internet. So yeah I'm gonna donate as soon as I can and goon fund is good.

Hearing how helpful this initiative is from you got me to up my pledge. Thanks for stepping forward with your testimony. :) Glad to hear things are looking up.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Thank you for putting this together.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Update:

I'm negative $205 (out of my own pocket) for Oct, Nov, Dec, but should be positive ~$395 before taxes after the deposit hits this month.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

Update:

I'm negative $205 (out of my own pocket) for Oct, Nov, Dec, but should be positive ~$395 before taxes after the deposit hits this month.

:toot:

my life has been a trainwreck for the past 6 weeks, so i prolly won't have to dip in the kitty after i move next week and get settled, and then i'll probably up my contrib.

you're a good dude for going out of pocket to help folks plink

Treasure of China
May 12, 2001
So, this is extremely embarassing, but I'm a long time lurker going through an extremely rough time and thought I'd ask for some help. Food and toiletries I'm secure enough. I got a kitty, not so much. I'm between jobs and if anyone would mind helping I basically need to keep my net on and possibly a headset for a work at home position I'm trying for. I don't even bother keeping a phone subscription so I'm reliant on wifi. I don't have a vehicle, I live in a small midwest hick town where people treat you like poo poo for minimum wage. I used to do about a decade of factory work that ruined my back and knees (2 knee surgeries and a spinal fusion by age 29) so I had to resign myself to this way of life.

I been around, don't post and mostly hang out with nite crew. Not sure if this is the appropriate place but anything would help greatly. If this isn't allowed delete it, or tell me to and I will. Thanks for listening to me be a bummer.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is the right place, make a Discord account and add/message Plinkey#8085

since you don't have Platinum here on SA and he'll see what's around to assist.

also speaking to your situation; i know a LOT about work from home CSR jobs, if you have CSR experience and can hack a phone gig, I pretty much guarantee i can refer you to a place I'm working now and get you hired on, it's the most gravy job ever. you can message me on discord too and I'll talk to you about it

smarxist#2284

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
This is pretty awesome. Mind if I link it to the Keep Your Head Up thread in TGRS?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DreamingofRoses posted:

This is pretty awesome. Mind if I link it to the Keep Your Head Up thread in TGRS?

go for it, imo, the more goons we help the more we can cajole into donating imo

Dec 26, 2012

can’t hurt

Treasure of China
May 12, 2001

smarxist posted:

this is the right place, make a Discord account and add/message Plinkey#8085

since you don't have Platinum here on SA and he'll see what's around to assist.

also speaking to your situation; i know a LOT about work from home CSR jobs, if you have CSR experience and can hack a phone gig, I pretty much guarantee i can refer you to a place I'm working now and get you hired on, it's the most gravy job ever. you can message me on discord too and I'll talk to you about it

smarxist#2284

Thanks for the lead, I don't have it set up and I'll get to it. I basically just need working asap and its been a nightmare cycle of applying everywhere and getting blown off for like a month then told no longer available. But yeah, I do have tech support/customer service/inbound telemarketing experience and all that.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

goonicef

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RNG posted:

goonicef

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Treasure of China posted:

Thanks for the lead, I don't have it set up and I'll get to it. I basically just need working asap and its been a nightmare cycle of applying everywhere and getting blown off for like a month then told no longer available. But yeah, I do have tech support/customer service/inbound telemarketing experience and all that.

email me

plinkey@borkingsinstitute.com

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Jan 4, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Plinkey posted:

email me

plinkey@borkingsinstitute.com

e: that email is hosed up for some reason

may wanna add that to the OP once it's working, I've been advising people contact you via the Patreon if they don't have PMs

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

may wanna add that to the OP once it's working, I've been advising people contact you via the Patreon if they don't have PMs

that address should be working, for some reason my muppettron.com domain is being fucky

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

that address should be working, for some reason my muppettron.com domain is being fucky

whoever reads this next email me to make sure it's working

Treasure of China
May 12, 2001
I shot you one. Thanks for looking out for people by the way, its just a rough world to live in right now.

Make It Rain
Dec 5, 2007

A blighted worldview.
Contributing in solidarity.

Make It Rain has issued a correction as of 13:22 on Jan 8, 2020

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
DO NOT loving DOX ME OR ANYONE IN THIS THEAD

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Plinkey posted:

DO NOT loving DOX ME OR ANYONE IN THIS THEAD

gently caress you us senator chris coo*s

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I'm in for 10$. Might as well spread the wealth in the capitalist hell we all occupy.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

This seems like a good initiative.
Chipping in with 5 bucks.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Plinkey posted:

,eat meaT meAT Maetttttttt MEEERRRRTRWWWW

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
subbed to the patreon, stay safe goons

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Heres the monthly thing:

I did not take into account before since, it was only negative like 200 bucks

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

is there a way for me to give you money as a one off right now instead of using patreon?

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

is there a way for me to give you money as a one off right now instead of using patreon?

yes, i think it should be easier to throw a one-off payment at the fund!

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I might be dense, but where is the line item for gambling returns.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

freeasinbeer posted:

Hey nerd, I got your line item right here: GET LAID!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I only donate gambol profits to the fund if that helps. Also tips I receive as an erotic trump double.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

freeasinbeer posted:

plz ban urself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THOT PATROL posted:

yes, i think it should be easier to throw a one-off payment at the fund!

just pm or email me, that's the easiest way, it'll just sit in my venmo (prefered, because it seems that most people use venmo) or paypal

my venmo address is not the email above so please dont send money to it, email me at that address for my venmo username