Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pitched in eat a food goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

timefly posted:

Well yay, goons! I'm getting my SSI/SSDI again! As sketchy as things got these past few months, goon fund made all the difference. Without it I'd have had to abruptly stop my meds, my cats would have eaten only stolen lunchmeat, and I would have spent Thanksgiving and Christmas alone without heat or phone/Internet. So yeah I'm gonna donate as soon as I can and goon fund is good.

Hearing how helpful this initiative is from you got me to up my pledge. Thanks for stepping forward with your testimony. :) Glad to hear things are looking up.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

woop woop

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

stock up on mangosteen

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Ok. I find that response incredibly insincere. I guess you don't have any proof then? Other than anecdotes you personally deleted?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress off you worthless ghoul

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Barnum Brown Shoes posted:

Lol at a liberal barging into the thread and demanding means testing

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

please please keep using this, its one of my fav things i donate to

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

smarxist posted:

they're really mad about a charity thread to help feed poor goons and whine about it a lot and sound like complete lovely neocons

if it whines like a fascist and bootlicks like a fascist...

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i have remote work in an industry that's actually gonna be fine through this and even more disposable income than usual so ... i upped my pledge to a bunch of benjamins. if you need some extra before the payments on patreon hit just pm me plinkey

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

50s girl groupon posted:

yo i can also attest to the goon food fund legitness. i have covid-19 and won’t get a paycheck until sometime after april 3rd, and i have exactly one (1) cup of easy mac that i’m about to eat bc it’s all i’ve eaten in the past four days and plinky came through to help.

if you can help, throw money at the patreon. when i get a steady paycheck again, i know i will. thank u for the pasta money.

Stay safe

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Maybe people could just keep an eye out for posters that look like they're hurting and pm them or something.

Sounds fine. I welcome the idea of spreading the news but people have been huge assholes about it because they recoil at cspam

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Plinkey posted:

random blue is an idiot, nice idiot but still an idiot

Heck, that describes us pretty well,,,

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i just got the patreon receipt. you took my loving money plinkey!

use it well goons! :) can't imagine a better way to spend it tbh

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

number 1 snake fan posted:

I love this thread, thank you everyone! Mutual aid!!!

:)

solidarity!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

paul_soccer12 posted:

Posting to say thanks, but I've got my monthly Canada bux coming in soon I hope, thanks

I hope you're okay friend. :ohdear:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

In the beginning Plinkey said let there be Stromboli

trumpbo

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Plinkey posted:

serious post:

if anyone is a tax/lawyer person please email/pm me because this is going to become an issue soon.

I thought gambling was tax exempt wtf

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I don't post much but SA has basically created my personality over the last 15 years for better or worse. I want you all obese and safe. Upped my contribution to $50/month

Good vibes friend. :)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Plinkey posted:

money is almost out this month taking taxes into account

what day are you getting the patreon bucks?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dustcat posted:

also, it's the "food for goons" fund, you can't just suddenly start spending it on whatever random thing you decide

i believe you're trying to do good, plinkey, but for the love of god, get loving legal here or you're gonna end up in deep poo poo you don't deserve

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

I think the point is that you don't have to post your venmo or whatever, just ask plinkey.

ayup

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

PawParole posted:

how are you supposed to ask plink if you don’t have plat?

the account-privileged thinking only of themselves as always

that's fair, I thought there was an email but it's somewhere in the middle of the thread

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Reene posted:

hey this was a few days ago but I added plat to your account

if anyone else needs plat to reach out to folks itt (or in the mental health thread) please lmk

Thanks for the help Renee. :)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

PawParole posted:

I was proud of being platless, now I’m a plat-gouise dog

fookin plat bourgieosie

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

All we got when capitalism grinds us into dust is each other, you should never feel bad asking plink for help

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

Don't feel bad about needing help.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I'm sorry to hear that. :( considering this is the hellworld known as america how much is the out of network mri?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

To all goons having guilt about asking for help: It's not you that's hosed up, it is this economic system that makes everything hosed up. You should be getting this help without asking, but since that's something the plutocratic State doesn't provide, we're here to fill in as best as we can.

You deserve dignity and respect, and part of that dignity is being helped when you're down. It is not a blemish, but a mark of courage to ask for what you deserve.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Buddykins posted:

sent another email. For anyone who cares, this definitely helped me out the last time with my phone bill. I got this drat good new job and now I just need help for just two weeks for food until I get my first paycheck.

Thank you so much to all of you - I would've been loving lost without help that everyone contributed. I hope to be able to give back soon, and once covid is over, I will loving definitely be able to.

glad to hear things are looking up, i donate to this so people have some relief from the capitalist hellscape so don't sweat it

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

thanks for running this it's my favorite thing to spend money on, and i also emulated this sort of fund in my local org and it's working great so thanks for the idea too. :)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Plinkey posted:

um it's jeff's lawyer so they kinda knew what was going on

e: basically i have a bunch of paperwork to fill out/read later today, need to set up a PO Box and some other admin poo poo, but I should be able to file as a PA 501-3(c) by the end of the month, then get a board together, write some bylaws and poo poo and find an accountant

thanks for taking care of this plink :) and jeff's lawyer too

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i don't think 'jeffs lawyer' means that jeff owns him and can tell him to pay us

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Does the paperwork involve cheezers

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Plinkey posted:

probably will today

Cheezer wrapped in nonprofit entity paperwork, very fashionable

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

queeb posted:

hey friends. i dont post in cspam really but i happened to see this thread and i think its a great idea. backed the patreon and glad we have something going to help eachother out. love u all

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

50s girl groupon posted:

Wanted to publicly thank Plinkey (again) because he’s doing the lord’s work and everyone involved is an angel-goon. I got an email warning/bill from my power company (yay green paperless) saying they were gonna turn off my electricity because with everything happening all at once I have literally forgot because I’ve been scraping by on literal change the last few months. So I’m in the hospital (again), wife is at home recovering from a major surgery with just plain rice and running out of meds and we have literally $4 in cash that’s it and I don’t get paid until March. Plinkey saved our power not getting turned off (and my wife’s pain medication) and I literally started crying.

It was over such a small amount for two months of electricity.

Plinkey I don’t know how you manage to keep up the energy for all this but you’re saving lives and asses and in my humble opinion a literal hero. Thank you thank you, and thank you goons who donate.

If I can, I plan to dump some of my tax refund in as a Real Thank You for saving my rear end.

edit: i say “literal” a lot and i am sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

Jesus loving christ what is wrong with the American legal system????

Capitalism