Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

what is the story of bert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

look sometimes the tables stay cold and you have to wait for more patreon sub payments to land

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

to be fair i’d be pretty mad too if some upstarts were threatening my $3000/month gambling slush fund

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

oh man oh man some posters on the internet were asking questions about the large sum of money i take in every month i guess that means i can't help anyone anymore, i just have to ignore my emails and the thread and my PMs because gently caress people who need help, my feelings were hurt, but do please keep sending me thousands of dollars per month

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

MonsieurChoc posted:

We'll see if the comitteee to form a comittee to to do means testing will do anything.

there is no means testing and people have already been helped in very short order in that thread

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

craps table tyvm

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Some of the requests paid out of the new fund have been large as well, multiple hundreds of dollars, an amount Plinkey has publicly stated in the past is too much and outside the purview of his fund.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

fun hater posted:

you and azathoth are frankly morons who inexplicably gifted him another month of income

you realize azathoth and nhd don’t mod patreon right

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

fun hater posted:

im talking about the interference they ran when confronted with criticism lol

again, they can’t control the fund even if they wanted to

if jeffrey came down from the admin forums and put this thread to the sword it wouldn’t do anything, most of the revenue going into the fund is likely recurrent payments set up long ago, and the people who support it with intent aren’t going to change their minds just because some forums mod told them to

only thing that’s going to matter is what plinkey does, and he’s been on probation the past few days

whether plinkey is skimming or not his fund has helped a bunch of people, it’s not hard to figure out why mods have been hesitant to just shut the thread down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

for anyone reading this thread who needs help and cannot wait, the link below is to a new thread with a new fund being set up, and donors within have already coordinated with the fund leaders and have been rapidly sending out funds to people in need, please reach out there

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910&perpage=40&noseen=1