Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
So like do any of the goons coming from qcs or pyf or gbs who suddenly are very concerned about the transparency of a fund they learned about 2 days ago have any evidence at all that anything improper was or is happening? Because I haven't seen any and it's not like the rules were unclear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

we literally don't know if this is true or not, because we don't know what is happening to the money. if donations are not being used for their intended purpose, then that is harm being done to the community. and before you say that nobody itt is saying anything about that, people have been asking for transparency since the thread started! we can't just isolate this to the last few days. This is an active problem that has been on-going, and has now developed to its current state. this 'drama' has not just emerged from the ether like some would try to frame this. in fact, this whole thing could've been resolved ages ago if Plinkey had not responded so aggressively towards people who, early on, wanted to help out, or had advice on how to keep things accountable.

and also, as I said before people are already unsubscribing from the Patreon. presumably those people care and are part of this community!

Just out of curiosity, have you contributed any amount of money to the fund?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Feel free to quote me in the pyf tankie thread but have any of the posters who started posting itt after the qcs thread was started contributed to the fund at all?

Because it seems like the people who read the op and subbed the Patreon anyway aren't the ones suddenly asking questions

I could be wrong on that, I'd like to be actually

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
from what plinkey has said he's come to an agreement with jeff to provide a spreadsheet of what's coming and going

for now I think that is about as much as the concerned citizens are going to get and you'll have to patient, in the meantime if you're uncomfortable with how plinkey runs the fund don't donate to it

if you're still concerned then feel free to start another QCS thread on the topic

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

fun hater posted:

this is unconvincing and weird behavior

im askin for a scrap here for data points tbh. if someone else has a patreon under the new pricing system dm me ty

this might not be the right thread to ask about the new patreon pricing system

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Skyl3lazer posted:

Beyond the loss of donations, it's now both
A) harder to find this thread
B) has an additional layer as the quoted poster pointed out: you have to be willing to bump a drama thread to ask for help
C) knowing that the admin-encourage swarm of shitheels still allowed to post here will make fun of you for it.

I still encourage people to donate (I do, and have for a long time) and to request money. I can only say "just ignore them, they're pieces of poo poo" and hope that's enough :shrug:

as an IK I'll try to give this thread a little bit more moderation going forward and hand out 6ers and escalate problem posters

going forward posting about plinkey drama ITT will get a 6er

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Harold Fjord posted:

(User was banned for this post)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
again to reiterate stop posting about goonfund drama

there was a qcs thread on this that was closed. start another thread in QCS about it or post in pyf or whatever.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
shut the gently caress up about goonfund drama

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
e

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Jeff, I'm curious: DId anyone who had donated to the fund or received money from the fund ever provide any sort of evidence that the fund was being misappropriated or that Plinkey was using it as a personal slush fund?

What do people do in the meantime while the other fund is being set up?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I'm not allowed to give Jeff a sixer

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

1st of all:

There were a few more posts like this, but I don't have time to find them right now. (Pentyne maybe use your magic?)

There have also been a few posts like this:

2nd: Because of the scope of the fund, you should consider any poster a potential donor or recipient. Anyone's opinion is valid, because anyone could be donating or in need of funds. I would be happy to donate if things were being run better. I guarantee I'm not alone in that feeling.

I'm going to continue to focus on posting in the other thread, and helping to put together the new fund. But could you please stop leveling these disingenuous accusations against anyone who could possibly have a different opinion than you on this. You're literally the guy inserting drama here RN. Take a breath and contemplate this for a bit, I think you just need to re-think. Thank you.

Yes I would agree that you keep your focus on the other thread and not post itt

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cup Runneth Over posted:

i could have sworn this thread had an IK

it doesn't but it needs one lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
If you're coming in here to start poo poo probes are going to be longer than a 6er.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

500 good dogs posted:

are matthew and katy perry related

yes katy is his mom

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Farm Frenzy posted:

you are a liberal

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Turn on your monitor

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4jIlFwuLU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
that was a fun derail but please shut up about things that have already been rehashed to death itt

there's still the PYF thread (I assume) to discuss drama

if you're really interested in helping there's another goonbucks thread to set up an official charitable organization

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

jarofpiss posted:

it's actually good to have a tight scope on what your project is trying to accomplish and i think this thread did a perfectly good job of that.

dorks and nerds (liberals) across the world feel a deep need to turn every altruistic program into a charity with committees and fundraising and titles etc because their brains are so thoroughly broken by capitalism that even when they try to create a structure that alleviates the suffering caused by it, they can't help but replicate the structures that create the suffering in the first place. they have no other frame of reference to create a program.

literally every charity in the world has a board packed to the gills with people with "business experience" and focuses on fundraising and efficiency and oversight to make sure nobody gets one over on the charity. it costs huge amounts of time and resources and is absolutely completely insane. they just can't see it from any other perspective.

this never appeared to me to be a project that was aspiring to liberate people from capitalism, and it doesn't require oversight and a board and audits and fundraising drives and forms and papers etc. what's wrong with a simple straightforward agreement that lets one person hand out money to people who ask? why does it have to be a full on GOON PROJECT? who really cares if a bunch of people have a $5 auto patreon payment they've forgotten about and some sub-optimal percentage of funds is getting distributed, or the response time isn't immediate? why the push for the committee oversight on the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray?

edit: I think it's good that there's a full on goon project available but yes there's gaps that need to be filled and if people want to donate to one or the other or both who cares.

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 13:52 on Dec 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
quit bitching about the other thread itt