Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nichael posted:

good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

yo can I get 5 bux so I can buy myself a new av

where did your bernie go

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
are matthew and katy perry related

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How come you guys are all like this? You should have more visibility into money matters especially when the fund is making $3k a month. That's an extremely reasonable request.

I've given more than a thousand dollars to this fund and agree with the Animals man here -- I don't even know why the bare minimum threshold of transparency is somehow controversial.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lousy hat posted:

longer answer: you don’t deserve anything for disingenuous concern trolling. don’t tell the people who give what they should want when they’re telling you to gently caress off.

gently caress off.

jesus why are you so aggro? does this ever work when you organize in real life?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lousy hat posted:

jesus why are you so suspicious? why did you give over a thousand bucks if you don’t trust the fund? does this build trust with people irl?

also I’m “aggro” because there people have been accusing plinkey of theft for years with zero reason other than “concerns” and zero actual evidence or even suggestion of any misuse or harm

if you think animalstrash was making an accusation of theft you should re-read his post :)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lousy hat posted:

:) that’s not what I wrote and i think it’s easy to infer my meaning that the history is why I’m “aggro” especially after the last few weeks of bullshit around this :)

so you're being aggro to someone who didn't do what you're explicitly mad about and don't see the problem?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pingui posted:

If you are talking about an anonymous in/out tally I don't think there is much opposition, but this poo poo started with people demanding Plinkey prove he isn't skimming. The bare minimum isn't enough for that. That requires a more cumbersome and less anonymous system, as you can see in the other thread.

yes that makes sense, but lousy hat started screaming in response to someone literally asking for a simple in/out tally lol:

pandy fackler posted:

i havent seen one single person say that anybody else should see these emails?? just money in money out. nobody wants to know anything about the ppl getting funds. why are u posting these

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pingui posted:

Unfortunately there has been a lot of trolling about the issue, so people are getting pretty raw :(

makes sense. thanks for actually having a conversation with me, hopefully he'll start posting money in/out numbers and we can all move on

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

RandomBlue posted:

Anyone can put numbers in a spreadsheet, they mean literally nothing and will not convince anyone of anything. The concern trolls will continue with this bullshit regardless.

Unless there is actual auditing going to happen it's just appeasement.

let's see the money in/out numbers and then we can circle back and see how things are then. don't let perfect be the enemy of good :)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Javid posted:

The issue here is that people seem to think the default is that he's skimming, and he's somehow obligated to satisfy you that he isn't

I don't think he's stealing anything, which is why I don't have a problem continuing to put money into the Patreon, but I do simultaneously believe this:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If you're doing some kind of leftist project you should want transparency and openness.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

he explicitly said he never would, which was good enough for a long time. a new things being set up that makes a bunch of promises Plinkey never has.

ah, didn't know that he refused to do money in/out numbers. i know in 2020 he used to post a little more detail than he does now, and would say things like "im gonna use some of this money for a 501c3 lawyer" etc. which seemed to be on the right track of increasing transparency but looking through his post history I can see that has tapered off. disappointing, I didn't think we were asking for me but I guess I can move my patreon bucks to the new one whenever that's ready

thanks bud, appreciate the candor

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

if plinkey doesn't reply PM me your venmo and I'll send you the money you need

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
yeah my constraint is I can only use venmo but pm if you're in need

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
i was promised a qcs thread, someone better be typing out a long one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The admin position was posted a month ago and hasn't He was supposed to provide a spreadsheet with some info by November 17th, but did not. It was not an official demand or a condition for anything, but Jeff asked and he said he would. Jeff directed him to a lawyer who could help him set up a charity to avoid tax issues, but it wasn't followed through on. He is not required to do that, though.

ah well nevertheless