Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

those lazy welfare queens in cspam don’t want to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Why do people insist on believing poo poo like this is real

Something Awful is one forum with lots of posters. Most people who post in cspam also post in other parts of something awful. There is no "brigade". QCS is where people go to air their concerns. Lots of those people also post in cspam. Stop being fuckin weirdos.

It’s all PYF’s doing anyway

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

pentyne posted:

Weird that polite and borderline neutral criticism is so damaging just because I post in another thread.

most of these posts are obsessive complaints about cspam and how mad you are that it isn’t closed :)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Riot Bimbo posted:

I don't have the slightest desire to delineate this beyond the basic, but it warrants some effort, and I earnestly find it frustrating, if also really kind of darkly funny.

There's a thread of people who mostly just post about goon drama endlessly, hyping themselves and their lurkers up into taking action, sanctioned and not, in the exact same way helldump and ED used to, against their subjects of discussion. It's specifically permissible in this case, because tradition (???), and they incidentally, accidentally found a justification that works for an admin. Sometimes that happens, but it doesn't even seem to matter.

but like, the behavior itself is specifically not allowed??? like jeffrey seriously if CSPAM made a thread that functions the same way the PYF drama thread does, every active participant would be banned or long-probed and the thread gassed faster than that PYF thread can huff its own self righteous farts into actionable histrionics.

Whatever man, do what you have to about plinkey. I feel like you should acknowledge this was a bunch of isolate goons kicking poo poo up in a subforum they largely don't post in, and do something about it, though.

it’s worth noting that posting about current drama after 2021 is discouraged and discussion of cspam is also specifically proscribed, so you can be punished for posting there if you piss off the wrong person

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

When’s Jeffrey of YOSPOS, who demands these changes, going to tell us where our money goes?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

500 good dogs posted:

I don't think he's stealing anything, which is why I don't have a problem continuing to put money into the Patreon, but I do simultaneously believe this:

he explicitly said he never would, which was good enough for a long time. a new things being set up that makes a bunch of promises Plinkey never has.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

for people who need help: it sounds like Plinkey is not paying attention to here, and possibly not his email. it sounds like the new effort is about to become operational. also I probably shouldn’t volunteer this on behalf of someone else, but if you need immediate help, message 500 good dogs, who will at least be able to direct you to some resources. :)

really queer Christmas posted:

Hey all!

To make sure there's an update, we are trying to file but apparently we will need to send in a paper application to be official. Kingcobweb plans to do that on Monday so we've been tied up with that and still waiting for corp formation so we can get the bank account to officially take in donations and (much more importantly!) give those funds back to people. While we are waiting though, we want to make sure no one who is hungry, cold, or in serious need has to wait for the trudgery of bureaucracy. As such, we have set up a google form for people to send in requests and I'm asking for anyone who plans to donate to please reach out to me or any of the other 4 committee members so we can keep you in contact with goons in need. This is a temporary solution to the current problem and not what we plan to do when the full thing is set up. Let me know if there's feedback on the form, this temporary process, or any other thing that we can improve!

Google Form is here!!!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

if people want to keep paying money in there at this point, I’d say they’re enjoying things and should be allowed to, and they don’t particularly care where it goes anymore.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

grieving for Gandalf posted:

for me, I just really hate the idea of a bunch of people getting fleeced, even if they are loudly yelling "FLEECE ME, FLEECE ME" but I guess I should really just mind my business and let them be fleeced. good luck, pals. only give money to this fund if you're doing quite well financially and can afford it

has anyone felt fleeced but kept paying in anyway? people complain more if the podcast they’re paying twice as much for on the same platform releases a live episode instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

City Slicker posted:

Oversights, boards, and audits are all good things.

Then again, not particularly surprising that a bunch of Stalinists would be against checks and balances.

lol