Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Skyl3lazer posted:

Worth noting is that while there are people trying to make the new fund work, zero of them are the people that were complaining in QCS/etc.

This is just flat out wrong. Weird thing to lie about too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

not shitposting, honest question: wasn't "next month" said in October?

Oct 17th:

Plinkey posted:

i talked to Jeff, next month I'll post a public spreadsheet

Looks like he got probed for 3 days on Nov 27th so if he was planning to follow through on this then it would have to be once he comes off probe tonight

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

it's actually good to have a tight scope on what your project is trying to accomplish and i think this thread did a perfectly good job of that.

dorks and nerds (liberals) across the world feel a deep need to turn every altruistic program into a charity with committees and fundraising and titles etc because their brains are so thoroughly broken by capitalism that even when they try to create a structure that alleviates the suffering caused by it, they can't help but replicate the structures that create the suffering in the first place. they have no other frame of reference to create a program.

literally every charity in the world has a board packed to the gills with people with "business experience" and focuses on fundraising and efficiency and oversight to make sure nobody gets one over on the charity. it costs huge amounts of time and resources and is absolutely completely insane. they just can't see it from any other perspective.

this never appeared to me to be a project that was aspiring to liberate people from capitalism, and it doesn't require oversight and a board and audits and fundraising drives and forms and papers etc. what's wrong with a simple straightforward agreement that lets one person hand out money to people who ask? why does it have to be a full on GOON PROJECT? who really cares if a bunch of people have a $5 auto patreon payment they've forgotten about and some sub-optimal percentage of funds is getting distributed, or the response time isn't immediate? why the push for the committee oversight on the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray?

Exactly this. I had a major crack ping when I realized the overton window on mutual aids was completely controlled by bazinga succghouls like the absolute freaks in the other thread. But hellworld gonna hellworld, there’s no ethical donation under capitalism, so keep calm and tormp on!