Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

500 good dogs posted:

I've given more than a thousand dollars to this fund and agree with the Animals man here -- I don't even know why the bare minimum threshold of transparency is somehow controversial.

If you are talking about an anonymous in/out tally I don't think there is much opposition, but this poo poo started with people demanding Plinkey prove he isn't skimming. The bare minimum isn't enough for that. That requires a more cumbersome and less anonymous system, as you can see in the other thread.

The conflation of "bare minimum" to mean both an actual minimum and a minimum of proof of innocence, is why any critique gets met with aggro. A "bare minimum" seems reasonable to you because you assume the former, while it looks unreasonable to others because they assume the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

500 good dogs posted:

yes that makes sense, but lousy hat started screaming in response to someone literally asking for a simple in/out tally lol:

Unfortunately there has been a lot of trolling about the issue, so people are getting pretty raw :(

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Fsmhunk posted:

I'm glad about the new fund. Anyone looking for help, that thread is the place to go. Should probably gas this one to avoid any confusion, since these request are often time sensitive and the new thread seems far more responsive at this point.

The new thread only covers the US, so they aren't covering the same ground.