Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sim City 4 is one of my all-time favorite games, and The Deadly Hume's Sim City 3000 LP is one of my all-time favorite LP's. Let's see what we can do here.

What is it?
The SimCity series is something everyone here's probably already familiar with, if you're not here's a primer: you simulate a city and you simulate growing and running it. We'll go into more depth later.

So unlike the earlier entries in the series Sim City 4 is based around playing as a region rather than as a territory. Your cities will interact with each other with Sims in your suburbs commuting to your big city, you being able to buy and sell water, trash, power (that last one's an enormous pain in the rear end and we'll probably just have a plant in every city instead of trying to figure that one out.) With that in mind, instead of playing as a mayor, we'll be playing as a Governor.

I should warn you SimCity 4 is a really unstable game. It likes to randomly crash for no reason, hopefully this doesn't affect the LP too bad (it will happen multiple times by the time I reach update 5) but if you notice a discrepency or a continuity error this is the reason. If a city disappears altogether because it crashed when I tried to save (this has happened to me before) the official explanation is, it's magic.

What's going on?

This will have audience participation with me asking the community to name Cities, and maybe some other things beyond that. When that happens it will be by vote and if nothing gets a plurality, I will choose whichever suggestion I personally like best.
Also: Please don't ask to have schools, or hospitals or whatever named after your username. I don't mean to be a hard-rear end but the last two Sim City 4 LPs both did that, and it just led to the discussion being nothing except people asking for things to be named after them and the posts themselves being half screen-shots proving that the author did in fact name something after them. I'd prefer to keep the posts concise to telling the story and showing off the game. If you have suggestions for what to name things that's perfectly fine, I'd just like some creativity to go into it beyond: "hey that's my username".

I will be playing with mods. A lot of mods. This is completely normal for people who are really into SC4. Some like NAM are basically mandatory. Some like SPAM and CAM (plays around with farms and with how skyscrapers grow) are so popular that they're basically mandatory. I'm using the Old Fashioned mod pack which someone linked in the SimCity thread in RetroGames: which you can get here.

It has a LOT of mods (its 3 GB uncompressed. Yeah) including most of the most popular ones, and changes the terrain from SoCal to something more resembling Ireland or the Northeastern US. I'm also using Roadtop Mass Transit which I consider to be absolutely essential (it lets me put the bus stops and subways stations ON the roads instead of on a useless 1x1 building off to the side, messing up my grid plan.) I'll try to mention any other mods I use as I come up. The region I'm playing is a custom one I terraformed last night. Excuse my poor photoshop skills SC4 won't let you zoom out all the way when you look at a region, so pasting it together's the only option.

Updates

Prologue Part 1
Prologue Part 2
Chapter 1: Starting Out
Chapter 2: Water Water Everywhere and Plenty of Drops to Drink
Chapter 2.5: Tunnel Magic
Chapter 3: Sold My Soul to the Company Store

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Reserved

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Prologue

Good god, Kenton, what is it? Its three in the morning.

Really? My clock says two.

Do I have to explain time zones to you again?

... No.

Also two? That's a worse time to call. I have a meeting with the Prime Minister tomorrow, I need my rest. You know he hates it when I have baggy eyes.

What's the meeting about?

I don't know, he only set it up 5 hours ago. He said it was urgent. Probably just to let me know what a great job I'm doing, how much my hard work's appreciated. I might get Minister of the Month!

That's urgent?

Employee appreciation is always urgent. That's what separates the great managers from the losers. I wouldn't expect you to understand that Kenton.

*sigh*

Anyway, can you tell me why you're calling so I can get my beauty sleep. You have to get your picture taken for Minister of the Month.

Well, sir, the meeting tomorrow... It's probably not to give you Minister of the Month.

Sir?

I was just getting a pen and paper to write you up for insubordination. Continue.

Well- It could be for the Minister of the Month, I don't know.

Save it. You already dug your hole.

But it's probably for the new region that sprung up last night?

The what?!

The new region sir. It came out of the sea last night. Didn't you see it? It was all over the news...

Kenton, I'm not a nerd; I watch Basketball, anything with Gordon Ramsey, and game shows involving briefcases of money or getting hit in the nuts. The TV diet of the common man- I'm sorry did you say it rose from the sea?!

Scientists are baffled they never seen anything like it.

I'm on CNN's website. Are those trees? And snow? And is that river freshwater? And this rose from the sea eight hours ago?

Baffled. Nothing like it. There's more, check the comments-

No!

The comments, the pundits, the polling- everyone's absolutely convinced that we need to send a settlement expedition immediately. It's sending everyone into an absolute tizzy.

So tell me about this region, what's it like?

According to our geologists its absolutely devoid of natural resources.

Pass.

Sir!

No resources means worthless. Any settlement could only exist through a massive government subsidy. We're in the middle of a budget crisis, we can't afford that.

Mr. Minister, I do not use the word tizzy lightly. You know that. It's one my defining character traits. I led with it during icebreakers last week. Refusing to do this would be political suicide. The end of your career.

So is doing it. Extremely high expectations and attention combined with almost certain failure? Whoever's responsible for that wouldn't even be able to show their face in the capital again. Absolute career death.

So give it to someone whose career you want to die. You do what everyone wants and you have a fall guy. A certain party member comes to mind.

Of course. If I gave it to that person, I could get rid of them while making my career soar higher. Absolutely brilliant Kenton. I'm sorry for the crack about time zones earlier, I know you're sensitive about that.

It's a disability, and it is on file with HR. You should really know better.

Welcome to SimCity 4

1. What is the name of our new region?

2. What is the name of our hapless party member/protagonist?
(A portrait or art would be helpful.)

3. What should we name our first city?
(The default is the river mouth but we can settle anywhere except the mountains.)

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 9, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
1. What is the name of our new region? Bouna River Valley

2. What is the name of our hapless party member/protagonist? Steve
(A portrait or art would be helpful.)

3. What should we name our first city? Selpin
(The default is the river mouth but we can settle anywhere except the mountains.)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Youtopia

Jim Hacker

Paradise City

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

1. Region: Au Thentica
2. Protagonist: "A literal Clown"
3. First City: New New Grifton

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I have no input on the first and third but if our protagonist isn't Grover I will be exceptionally disappointed in you all :colbert:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Grizzwold posted:

I have no input on the first and third but if our protagonist isn't Grover I will be exceptionally disappointed in you all :colbert:

This is currently the suggestion to beat.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

new england

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

1. Great Bacon Steads
2. Dr Feelgoon
3. Old Port

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grizzwold posted:

I know there's one for Cities Skylines, but someone should really do a Groverhaus model for SC4.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
1. The Fields
2. Grover
3. Newluth

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Just a head's up, I'm going to shut voting and suggestions down at 6:00 EST (that's GMT -5 for you Euros) tomorrow.

Also just suggest region names and city names because I'm writing the next update now and guess what our hero's Grover.

Now to figure out the portrait.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
Oh, you wanted a portrait? Here, have a bunch with zero context whatsoever:

Was gonna vote for Grover, but that's already in.

The Flying Twybil fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 10, 2019

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Simphony

Simon

Simple

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Estornino

Reynaldo Bolivar

Los Claros

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

The Flying Twybil posted:

Votin' 4! Looks suitably blank and Grover-esque.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
1. The Midlands
2. Grover
3. Opportunity

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
1. Unilever-Amazon-Disney Special Economic Area - colloquially known as The Magic Kingdom
2. Jaff Zebos -totally not a Jeff Bezos clone-
3. Amazonia

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

7 because Grover need not present as masculine dangit

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
1. Eagleland
2. Venus
3. Onett

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Rockopolis posted:

1. Eagleland
2. Venus
3. Onett

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. Great Bacon Steads
2. Grover
3. New New Grifton
Portrait:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Alright our region's name is Eagleland

Our hero is Grover

Our first city is Onett

Update coming!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Prologue Part 2

Mr. Grover, I think it’s time we faced facts. Your talents are wasted at the Circus Inspection Board.

I’ve been saying that for the last five years. Nobody in the party takes me seriously when I tell them it's time for me to move out. You know I’ve tripled the amount of power outlets available in the average circus?

And every circus-lover in this country with a depleted smart phone thanks you for that. Its actually what made me offer you this position.

I don’t even know why the party stuck me there in the first place.

Well. There was the house.

There was the house. I still think the problem was that it was just ahead of its time.

It collapsed. You almost died. It was never properly inspected and you falsified the paperwork. I believe there was a fire. If anyone besides you had been hurt you would be in prison.

Oh please. Like the party’s never buried press before. Remember the Minister of Religion’s secret family? There’s no reason for some teeny-tiny fraud and life-threatening injuries to make me plummet down to Circus Inspection. Actually come to think of it weren’t you the one who-

Moving on to the position itself. The Prime Minister is breathing down my neck about this new region that sprung up-

Oh! I have the perfect name for it: New England.

New England? That’s already a place.

Yeah but see that’s named after the country. Mine’s named after the Billy Bragg song. Did you know he’s a communist? Never would’ve guessed. Saw it when I was looking him up on Wikipedia. Would’ve ruined his music for me if his tunes weren’t so tight-

Kenton, may I speak with you for a moment.

Yes, sir?

It occurs to me that Grover might be too stupid for this plan. We don’t want it to look like a set-up.

I’ll go round up some advisors. Nothing special but he’ll be too stubborn to listen to them anyway.

I’m not so sure. If we give him advisors he might end up succeeding. It might be better to just let him dangle on his own. Oh! Sorry. Apologies for the rudeness Mr. Grover.

No problem. I’m used to people whispering angrily in front of me.

Wonderful. Now while your New England suggestion is noted, I’m afraid the Geography Office has already named the region: Eagleland.

Hey Eagleland sounds a lot like England! Sounds like they listened to me.

Yes it does! Funny! Kenton you can get the advisors we’re safe.

Right away sir.

Now as territorial Governor, we’re going to send you and a small team of advisors to Eagleland along with 200,000 dollars.

200,000?

Quite a tidy sum!

It’s an entire region! The Circus Inspection Office had a budget of 20 million and the country only has like 6 circuses.

Are you saying the Circus Inspection Office is unimportant? After you single-handedly tripled its electrical outlet supply.

No, its just for a project of this size I would be looking at maybe a billion-

For the outlet genius anything’s possible! Believe me, if I thought anybody else could do this I would asked them. Only you! Grover, your party needs you, your country needs you, Eagleland needs you. Governor Grover, will you accept this position?

I. Would. Be. Honored. Thank you so much for this opportunity Mr. Minister. You know I actually thought you hated me.

What?!

Well he’s certainly been keeping it a secret from me!

Yeah. I actually used to think you were behind my demotion. It happened right after I made that joke about your name.

Grover, everyone’s had a joke about their name at some point, usually in middle school and not after they’ve climbed to the top of the country’s political structure, but no. It’s a perfectly normal thing. A name is such a strange thing to be insecure about. I can’t even remember what the joke was.

SNN Special Bulletin ~~~ SNN Special Bulletin ~~~ SNN Special Bulletin

Patriots across the nation are celebrating today as Internal Affairs Minister Richard “Dick” Balls has announced the organization and settlement of the Eagleland territroy. As its first Governor, Balls has announced the selection of Archie Grover, a former rising star in the party best known as the youngest-ever Deputy Underminister of Parking and sole perpetrator and victim of a massive housing construction scandal that led to his hospitalization.

Archie Grover has been a selfless public servant for over eight years. I have no doubt that he’s going to knock this country’s socks off over there in Eagleland. He has been afforded an enormous amount of independence, so much so that I and many other people who I will not name have all agreed that anything that happens in Eagleland is Grover’s fault- excuse me- can be solely credited to Gov. Grover. Yes, you have a question.

Dick Balls, thank you for taking my question.

Richard’s- Richard’s fine.

Don’t you think that you would actually bear some responsibility as the person who hired and selected Grover, and decided to give him free reign-

No. Next question.

Mr. Balls went on to further state that Governor Grover was currently in transit to Eagleland on a boat befitting his importance to the nation.

So, I’m calling it Onett because its the first town that’s going to be founded in the region. Now when you speak it you can’t hear the pun but if you write it out-

Hey! Are you bothering my deckhands?

Not unless they’re bothered by great jokes! Are you the captain? I have some complaints about my coal pile. I noticed that my Finance Advisor got a bigger pile to sleep on and I think as Governor I should-

We’re only 30 minutes from Eagleland. Does it really matter at this point-

It matters to me

All right, all right. Attention everyone I’m reassigning the piles. Your new pile is that one.

Thank you-

Thud!!!

Mr. Grover, I apologize. We’re only 2 minutes from Eagleland.

Up next. We actually build something

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 11, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You have a couple of RegionNames there.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

You have a couple of RegionNames there.

gently caress. This is what happens when you forget to use find & replace

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

gently caress. This is what happens when you forget to use find & replace

You can't reduce the Word Processing Budget! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Chapter 1, Starting Out

Project Report on Eagleland Settlement
~Classified~ Circulate Among Officials On Approved List Only ~Classified`

Friends and patriots the future of Eagleland is bright, the boat crash only killed one deckhand. Unfortunately it did not kill any of my advisors,I don’t know where you found these guys or what you were thinking because they sure as hell don’t know anything about city management.

Knock knock.

This is Neil Fairbanks- “City Planner”, he’s sort of the Chief of staff in that the game uses him for any announcements they can’t fit under another advisor. Italics is going to be me explaining the game, its mechanics, and my design decisions out of character. I have a problem with being to wordy sometimes so if it gets too much you can skip past these italics blocks without missing anything in terms of the story.

Oh Jesus- you’re not allowed in here! I’m typing up a classified government report about progress.

There hasn’t been any progress. It’s only been an hour since we crashed.

Yeah- that’s what I’m reporting!

Well, the Captain said he needs his pilothouse back, in case the Coast Guard calls.

Alright fine. Where should we start?

Obviously a power plant.

Right. Of course. Utilities. So we need a power plant and a water system…

Woah woah woah WOAH! A water system? Grover, average people are going to live here not Nelson D. Rockefeller.

This is Monique Diamond. She is our financial advisor and an absolute austerity freak. Her job is telling us what we can’t afford.

I- I was under the impression that people need water to live?

Not from the tap like we’re some sort of Kardashian. “Ooh lah-dee-dah. I think I’ll go get my valet to fetch some water from the faucet after a quick game of squash.” Get real, Uncle Pennybags. There is a perfectly acceptable river which will do more than fine. People have buckets.

She’s right, Grover. Nobody likes it but people are willing to put up with a measly 30 minute walk to get water but expecting people to settle here without television is some pie-in-the-sky thinking.

I’ve got some things to add my report when I’m allowed back in the pilothouse. Well, if we’re going to be drinking from the river, I’m building the power plant inland. I’m not a big black lung fan.

And the literal boatload of free coal we have makes what type to choose a cinch

At the start you have four options for power plants: wind, coal, oil, gas. There’s three things to consider when choosing which one is best for your city: the cost, the max power it can put out, and pollution. Here’s the ranking from most to least.
code:
Pollution		Cost			Max Power
Coal			Wind			Oil
Oil			Gas			Coal
Gas			Oil			Gas
Wind			Coal			Wind
Wind produces no pollution whatsoever and it actually is the cheapest if you only need one or two but it produces dramatically less power than any of the others: 200MwH (that’s megawatt-hours) at max compared to 3000 MwH for Gas and 7000 MwH for Coal, Oil only produces 1000 more MwH than Coal does but that extra 1000 adds a good $3000 to the cost. No thank you. Being a cheapskate is a virtue in this game so coal it is. We can always convert to clean later.

Our number-one job right now is producing some revenue ASAP and the best way to do that is factories. They’ll put factories anywhere.

Uh Mr. Governor, sir. A lot of the deckhands are tired of sleeping on the boat, they were wondering if we could build some housing.

Yes, factories. Belching out smoke, jobs, and more jobs.

They’re actually pretty angry at me pers’nally. On account of me being captain when the boat crashed. They’re blaming me for Curtis’ death. I think I might be facing a mutiny but giving them homes will really help-

A lot of people ask: what are your factories even going to make? Onett doesn’t have any connection to the outside world. I’ll tell you what they make jobs. A lot of politicians are anti-Jobs but me I love’em.

*sigh* I’m sorry I didn’t give you the biggest pile of coal.

Oh that’s right we need houses too! Great thinking, Cap.

Some of you may have noticed I’ve laid out my industry a little differently from how most people do. Industry in SC4 works differently than Commercial or Residential zoning. Commercial and Residential require road access and they’re divvied up into actual plots which can be merged like in real life. If a single lot in those zones doesn’t have road access? Nothing will grow and if somethings already built it will become abandoned. Industry for whatever reason doesn’t require road access and if you zone it the way most people do it will end up being a tightly clustered mass of black smokestacks and pollution like a Dickensian Nightmare. It’s kind of cool looking but really unrealistic. In real life, factories are really utilitarian looking, but they’re on the outskirts of town where land is cheap and they’re surrounded by green space and trees. Having the plots be separated by blank space lets us put in pollution lessening trees and parks as well as making it look slightly more realistic. There’s some more stuff about Industry I’d like to talk about but I really need to space these info dumps out.

But first farms! We’re completely isolated from the outside-world so if we don’t have farms we can’t eat!

I always start with farms when I start a city. It’s more realistic, every big city was once a small town and there’s an important gameplay reason that I’ll explain when it happens too.

Why did you make the road all weird here? It slows down traffic to make people do a loop.

It’s for a Town square. A square is the most important part of a town, its where people do their town things. Besides we can’t afford to have an actual town hall right now so we’ll just put a park here and put a tent up when we need to have community meetings. When we can move somewhere more permanent we’ll still have a nice park for the city so we get extra use out of it.

Huh. That’s actually fairly clever. However ineloquently put.

Alright. Now to actually build some houses so we can stop hotbunking in the boat- wait a second.

Wait one loving second!

You wanted to see me sir?

Yes. You cannot threaten to spank your boss in official workplace communication. You cannot threaten to spank anybody in official workplace communication. When you are the clock spanking of any kind is a verboten topic.

But you’ve been a very naughty boy.

You also cannot use the word naughty.

Mr. Governor we were only given $200,000 to get this city off the ground. Its my job as finance advisor to make that money last and if you keep spending more than we take in on your frivolous projects we’re going to be bankrupt before you know it.

What frivolous projects? We don’t even have running water! We have a power plant and that’s it!

I heard you mention a park. This isn’t Beverly Hills.

Places that aren’t Beverly Hills have parks!

This is a working town. We’re not going to go out after Brunch Mimosas to look at a tree on the tax-payer dime. There are many perfectly fine trees that live on their own two feet without freeloading on the government teat.

You are getting a whole chapter in my report.

Despite the… issues I was experiencing with Monique, Onett was starting to boom. Our population had already gone from forty-eight to over 300. I had to extend the residential area to the east of the Town Square to make room. Although it was puzzling.

What’s up Chief?
Onett’s completely isolated from the outside world, We don’t have any connections, airports, or seaports. Where are these new people coming from?

I wouldn’t worry about it.

More people, more people, more people. I extended the streets on the west side, there’s still enough land that I don’t have to force people to get dense yet but that’s going to be coming soon unless I want to start eminent domaining the farmland instead.

Some of you who’ve played SC4 before may have noticed the streets here are a different color than the light gray they’re supposed to be. This is the Street Add-on Mod or SAM. The SC4 modding community loves acronyming the really popular mods. Its a collection of 9 different street textures organized so that I can pick and choose which ones I want and have all 9 plus the default in one city. It comes standard with NAM (Network Add-on Mod, see what I mean) now. Its pretty cool.

Finally Onett surpassess 500 people. Suspiciously almost all of them grizzled looking tattooed young men when-

Mr. Governor?

I can build a house…

Oh poo poo, I forgot.

I can build a house.

Well, the city workers will be the actual builders-

I can build a house!!!

No! No! You can’t! I take it all back! You cannot build a house Grover.

Out of my loving way, frat boy! I have stairs to insulate!

Outlets here! Outlets there! Outlets everywhere!

What have I done…

Let’s pimp these windows out! Semi-circle, French, bay window? Why not. Some real picasso poo poo!

Now I am become Death; destroyer of worlds…

Eagleland number 1!! Onett forever!!

Land of dreams, baby! Land of dreams!

Up Next: Expanding Onett, Meeting more advisors, getting people who moved here without getting shipwrecked.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 12, 2019

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Wind produces no pollution whatsoever and it actually is the cheapest if you only need one or two but it produces dramatically less power than any of the others: 200MwH (that’s megawatts per hour) at max compared to 3000 MwH for Gas and 7000 MwH for Coal, Oil only produces 1000 more MwH than Coal does but that extra 1000 adds a good $3000 to the cost. No thank you. Being a cheapskate is a virtue in this game so coal it is. We can always convert to clean later. [/i]

quote:

MwH (that’s megawatts per hour)

Seriously? Is that actually what's reported ingame? It wouldn't surprise me, really, but it's still awful.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Grover, no! What have we done? :ohdear:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We knew it was a matter of time. We just never expected it to take so little of it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait... are those boats actually just ramming themselves onto the shore, or is that "creative interpretation" for the sake of the LP?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Randalor posted:

Wait... are those boats actually just ramming themselves onto the shore, or is that "creative interpretation" for the sake of the LP?

Immigrants arriving by invasion barges on the beaches? Starting to think Trump's taking notes from this game... which explains a lot.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Randalor posted:

The second. Its a prop that only comes from mods that lets me put it on land and water instead of just water.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
Hey, it wouldn't be Onett if we didn't have a local governing body that was both conniving and incompetent. Now all we need is a police station to set up the most effective roadblocks possible, win a few awards in that, and we'll be good.

That being said, does this game really complain that much about running water? I mean, I know plumbing is expensive in some regards, but isn't SimCity supposed to be in a relatively modern setting? Of course, I don't know what the equivalent value of a simoleon is in this game anyways.

That being said, the only SimCity game I've ever played was the one released on the DS, and it had a similar feel where they wanted you to make some sort of frontier town but the game was too modern feeling to make that have any particular substance. It is possible to run a small town on a profit on it, but it was horribly slow progression.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Vavrek posted:

Seriously? Is that actually what's reported ingame? It wouldn't surprise me, really, but it's still awful.

The game just said MWh which I now realize is Megawatt-Hours instead of MegaWatts per hour. Man, I'd like to go an update without a mistake.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What is grover house anyway? :confused:

Jalak
Nov 23, 2013
Is using the river as a water supply an actual game mechanic? Be pretty neat if it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Someone should make a Groverhaus mod for the mayor's mansion.

That being said, does this game really complain that much about running water? I mean, I know plumbing is expensive in some regards, but isn't SimCity supposed to be in a relatively modern setting? Of course, I don't know what the equivalent value of a simoleon is in this game anyways.

I don't know what mods he might be using that affect prices, but everything costs money and homes and businesses can't develop without a water connection. Everything also has a regular maintenance cost after it's placed and you get yelled at if you spend too much even if you're in your budget.