Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

I really like the overall rule system for Forbidden Lands, in particular the exploration and stronghold mechanics and the card driven 1v1 combat system. The only part I want to work differently is the lethality/death spirals. I have a question for someone with more experience with the game: if I hammered in the hit points from Coriolis (Strength + Agility as a separate pool), would that break play?

I've never played Coriolis so I can't exactly tell. Does it make things too survivable? I'm ideally shooting for what I would call medium lethality, where death is a possibility but not a drat near guarantee. Additionally, are there any secondary effects I'm not seeing that this change might cause?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Halloween Jack posted:

I thought Twilight 2000 was a dystopian game.

It's a dire thing that the nuclear war of Twilight 2000 seems like a lateral apocalypse move when compared to the slow motion extinction of climate change. It would probably have been a better outcome for humanity as a whole.