Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Coriolis did away with 1s on dice being bad for you (with one exception; rolling a 1 on a radiation-removal die means that radiation's permanent, just like MYZ's Rot.) and I think it works out great. At least it did for the one game my group played.

I do find it interesting that its FTL travel requires cryostasis; apparently the Dark Beyond the Stars can do things to a character that can be summed up as "What happens next is too horrifying to describe. Let's just say you've gone permanently and irreversibly insane and you need to make a new character as a result. Your old character is as good as dead. Trust me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

EdsTeioh posted:

Cyberpunk 2020 is, in theory and from a nostalgia point of view, my favorite rpg, but Red did it ZERO favors and really drags it down in my opinion.

I have a very nostalgia-fueled soft spot for Cyberpunk 2020 too, but I'm all right with Red. (Mostly because it decanonized a lot of Cyberpunk 2030, and I loving HATED what that game did to the lore of 2020.)