Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Tekopo posted:

I played through the sample 2-3 hour cinematic campaign for the Alien RPG and it went fairly well. I had plenty of fairly interesting and cinematic moments and the aliens themselves are quite lethal. I was able to hit all of the notes that I wanted to hit and the game was deadly enough to make them PC hesitant of actually attacking, although still giving them a way to fight back. The cinematic scenario in the book is more geared towards Aliens-style gameplay than Alien, and I'm really wondering if it is possible to actually recreate Alien (the first one) in the game. With the sort of weapons that the crew of the Nostromo have in the film, it is not entirely impossible to kill the Alien if you get lucky, which if you have a single xeno in your cinematic play, can be somewhat of a downer if you actually do manage to take out the main threat.

The only thing that I didn't like in the game was the action resolution for the xenos, but in the end I just decided not to repeat the same attack if they happened more than twice in a row (like it happened for me with some of the combat). Overall me and my players did enjoy ourselves: we are going to have the finish tomorrow, so maybe I'll post a full (spoilered) overview of how our session went if people are interested.

I would be :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU