Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So say I get the Aliens and Aliens CM Foundry Modules, does anyone want to play or DM (please the later I stink at the crunch stuff) as you only need one license (which I already have) and other players and/or DM wouldn't need one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiteski posted:

I know we yarned in the T2k thread about playing that, but also consider me "signed the gently caress up" on any Fria Ligan games you play that I can make the time for. Can DM or play, or do some sort of rotation to give others a crack at each?

I also have the foundry licenses for everything FL that's on there so far except Symbaroum so same deal applies to not costing others/those who want to DM.

Holy poo poo that’s awesome. I’d love to play the new Aliens Colonial Marines one. Also not having to buy the foundry license means I can just get the books of DriveThruRPG. Granted the colonial marines one is cheap and it might be good to futz around with and learn.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 11, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYGgOXww48

Hell yeah and since Spiteski has kindly offered us the use of their DM skills and licenses we only need to buy the books, which combined on Drivethrurpg are $40. I still might that Colonial Marine package on their store as this gives you the print, pdf, and the foundry stuff for like $50 USD, because the hardcover manuals are really nice looking when I saw it in a store recently.

https://freeleaguepublishing.com/en/store/?product_id=7044319346837

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I still don’t have the Maps and Markers pack for Alien. They never have it in stock, and I wonder if they’ll pursue a second print run, considering it’s the same markers that are present in the beginner box.

I just want a nice big map of Hadleys Hope, is that too much to ask?

It's on Drivethrurpg for cheap if that helps. It's like $5

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/293978/ALIEN-RPG-Maps-and-Markers-Pack?src=also_purchased

EdsTeioh posted:

I dunno what happened to my response above, but I'd like to give that a shot if there's room and it works with my schedule.

Man, I was on the fence about that Colonial Marines book but went to buy Warhammer poo poo the other day, couldn't decided what to buy, so just bought Colonial Marines. Now I have everything for Alien.
I think it's something with quoting a quote. I still just need to figure if I'm only get the digital copies, which is cheaper, the nicer bundle and a digital copy of the core book. I just wish :filez: weren't so comically easy to find, so I can more easily rationalize buying both vs just the colonial Marines. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to justify piracy or saying I would, just that goddamn it really is comically easy. But luckily unlike GW, Free League seems pretty drat awesome and reasonable and it makes it a lot easier to support them and be fine with it. :)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I want a physical map to show players though. The pdf files don’t help me too much.

Can’t you just go to a print shop and print it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Lunchables posted:

That’s a questionable level of legality. I’ve had print shops question stuff before when they see a trademark or a copyright.

Well it’s for your own personal use from your own copy, so I’d say it’s fair use, but also you can just remotely do it and pick it up. I’m sure for the major ones that the employees wouldn’t either pay attention and/or care about remote print jobs.