Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Spiteski posted:

If I remember correctly Chariot didn't have this issue, but I know the latest cinematic has massive spoilers on the player handouts and even the character information given to the players that isn't supposed to be known by them until later. Just double check the information given in the handouts before giving them.

Also, read and re-read the panic rules. We had some jankiness and panic spirals before realising only rolls above 10+ on panic cause the player to ALSO lose their intended action.

Which scenario has spoilers on the character sheets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

In the Alien RPG, if a character succeeds but also panics, does their intended action still happen? Do panics cancel successes?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I still don’t have the Maps and Markers pack for Alien. They never have it in stock, and I wonder if they’ll pursue a second print run, considering it’s the same markers that are present in the beginner box.

I just want a nice big map of Hadleys Hope, is that too much to ask?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I want a physical map to show players though. The pdf files don’t help me too much.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can’t you just go to a print shop and print it out?

That’s a questionable level of legality. I’ve had print shops question stuff before when they see a trademark or a copyright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

There is a very large cast of characters here, I’d consider some kind of notecard system or other mnemonic device to keep them straight. Also consider having backups pre-made as your players progress through the meat grinder.

I’ve only read through it, not run it, so I don’t have much more to add, unfortunately.