Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I find it interesting that despite dealing with ghosts and souls and spirits and demons and whatnot everywhere, no one in the Blackwell universe actually knows what happens after you die and pass through the door. There are hints it might not be all that great, albeit it seems to be better than being insane and chained halfway in the real world causing no end of troubles for the living.

Still a tricky choice... I've heard Terry Pratchett's impassioned pleas for assisted suicide. But on the other hand, Terry Pratchett was faced with an incurable disease that was robbing him of... him. Jordon here still has all of himself. There's no reason he would lose himself either, with some time for readjustment to his new physical circumstance and reality. With that in mind, I think it's far better to live than to die. This is less like treating a terminal condition, and more like talking down a suicidal person from the ledge-- there IS so much left to live for, even if he is temporarily unable to see it. And yes, the road ahead might be difficult, but it's a road. Not an end.

Life / Banishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Aumanor posted:

Hard choice but it sounds like banishing him would condemn him to live forever, no take-backsies.And as cruel killing him now after all the poo poo he's been through is, it seems to me that robbing him of the ability to die ever, no matter how much he might want it is even crueller.

Forever is a long time. And if a mage can kill him now by slowly and painfully draining away his fire, there's no reason a mage couldn't do so later. Okay, so there aren't any mages on the other side. But summonings can and do happen. So it's not completely writing off the chance of future death... although it may be a while before the chance comes again.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Hmm. Staten Island seems like it could be more interesting, and thus would be better to go there second? I'll vote for The Bronx.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Spritz3 posted:

Donny said Captain Harrison would be on her boat. Leave Eli because I want a half-pirate half-genie at out back for this one.

This makes sense. Sounds like a boat wouldn't be a place with a whole lot of fire, either (other than possibly guns). Let's be professional about this. Leave Eli.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Let's be thorough. I vote we go to the East Village and bring Mandana. Really wish we could have brought her to the encounter with the fishman, but alas. If I'm outvoted, Vicky and Eli to the Bronx, under Slaan's "Human party!" plan, but I'd rather go to the village, so...

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I love KayKay's interactions with the party here. The "Hiiiiii!!!" was weird at first, but it makes perfect sense once you know what's going on. Cute!

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Peace. I don't see the benefit of turning her into stone, except for spite, and it's spite that might backfire in the future if the stone to flesh spell happens to exist somewhere. Killing her is against everything we do and believe. Peace... gives life a chance.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
No question about this one. No shades of grey I can see. Release the Dragon. It's the right thing to do. The other way is simply wrong from any and all angles I can look at it.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

ultrafilter posted:

Mandana, Vicki, Brookyln

I like this idea. We haven't hung around with Mandana in a little while, and Vicky is pretty great too. We can do the Eli, Logan, Wall Street option next. For now, I want to see Brooklyn.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Okay, so the little girl wants her chalk drawing to wash away quickly, as that adds depth to her art. Sure. But my question is... how does she get the chalk to draw AT ALL when wet? My experience is that even slightly damp chalk won't make a mark anywhere.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Oof. This is a tough choice. (Aside from killing him. That option is off the table, it's just plain flat-out wrong)

I want to let people be happy, and just let him keep it. But he really doesn't seem unrepentant, or capable of restraining himself. But... Mandana didn't say he was lying when he promised to try to tone it down. He is sincere about that. But sincerity aside, is he capable? Trust him with joy, or make both unhappy but be more responsible? Argh! This is a fantastic moral dilemma.

I'm going to distill it down to: practicality and conservative defensiveness vs hope. And when I put it in those terms, I have to go with hope. It's a scary sort of hope, but... I think I've got to go with it. Trust him to use the power more responsibly in the future.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
The Last Unicorn wasn't nearly that opposed to returning to unicorn-hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Wait... what?

Let me see if I'm getting this straight. Paige Turner is a human psycho killer cultist person. She... summoned a "demon"... that's us... for... some reason. To get power? But despite being a demon, we aren't actually evil. So when the exorcism happened... the human soul was expelled, and the demon remained, because the human was more evil?

What the hell?