Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

wiegieman posted:

That was just a choice on which life we wanted to watch get ruined!

We got to pick if we were male or female, which probably just affected our appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Every brick on this wall has a unique descriptor (pitted, old, rough, red, etc.) which, along with the knife we just picked up, makes the solution to this puzzle pretty obvious - but again, only to someone who knows this is an adventure game. There is no reason for Paige, Eli or Mandana to suspect that one of these bricks is loose and conceals a hidden cache. There's no visible sign and no hint pointing to it that I'm aware of. But finding it is the key to moving on. I found the right brick by just clicking on each one in turn till I got it. It was the "tough old brick". Inside is a small blue keycard. A label on it reads: "J&M Storage: 102". Note: The key card is actually grey.

IMJack posted:

I think Eli is the guy to talk to for burn injuries. Especially ones that he caused.

Edit: Was the brick with the hidden stash not the one "under the Crazy"? Because that would make sense from an "escape room" hint.

I've played the game before. It is indeed the brick directly under the word "crazy".

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 10, 2019

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Tiggum posted:

That makes sense, I suppose. I never notice hints like that because I just don't expect them to be there. In the context of the story, who is that hint for? She's not going to forget it herself, and if she wanted someone else to be able to find the key she could just tell them where it was. Also, as a player, the thing that tells you you need to get into the storage unit is the key - you're not looking for a key before you find it, so the hint mentioning the word "key" doesn't really tip you off. Anyway, it's not like it's a difficult puzzle or anything, it's just that (for me) the puzzles, in general, are really the weakest part of the game.

She might not forget it's under a brick but the clue makes it a lot easier to remember which brick it is so she doesn't have to chip away at every brick like you did (It's a lot more time-consuming in real life :cheeky:).

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Tiggum posted:

I'm a little confused about the timeline here, but I think it kind of makes sense? The way I understand it, Vicki came back here with us last night, but then went back home to sleep. She then came back here this morning to talk to Mandana, before heading back to Staten Island in the afternoon to check in with Donny and see what was going on with the other cops. Then came back here again for the meeting. And I guess Paige is just a night owl since she seems to sleep all day, every day and wake up just in time to say hi to everyone and then attend the meeting in the evening.

I think she saw the mess at the station and talked with Donny first thing in the morning before heading back to the Unavowed and talking with Mandana later in the morning. Families wouldn't wait until the afternoon to find out what's going on with their missing relatives that they suddenly remembered were murdered, and that way Vicki only makes one trip back to sleep and get whatever stuff she needed from her place.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder what would have happened if we didn't take Eli with us. Would he have magically appeared around this time?

He would've shown up at the same point Mandana did in the previous update, and would've been forced into the party after that bit where you follow and talk to him.