Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Getting exorcised by a film noir wizard is a pretty great intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Tiggum posted:

An old color photo of Eli and Mandana hangs halfway down the staircase.

Eli is my partner and a dear dear friend. We have saved each other's lives more often than we can count. You and he have much in common. He was once mundane, like yourself. I would recommend asking him about his transition. It might help with your own.

I appreciate this. I've played too many stupid Biowares where the entire party hates each other and the long-suffering protagonist has to put up with endless childish whining.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Kind of annoying that we can't tell Jordan not to call us Master. Abdicating this choice is not what he should be doing right now.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Much as I hate making his decision for him, yeah I think he has at least a (distant?) shot at a decent life in fire town. Hopefully the other fire elementals that live there are reasonable enough folks like the tendon man we met earlier was.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Let's leave Mandana.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Humans manage human affairs, and besides we might need to talk to the general later about the summoning our demon did. We'll watch Harrison, send the general home alone.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Aww those hunters killed Eli's family didn't they? He's carefully avoided saying what happened to them but if fire maging runs in the family...

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Cool new party member. I like the little characterization touches like how he's experienced enough to bring some power bars on his ghost job in case things go longer than expected. It's pretty obvious bringing him back to talk to the other ghosts will give us some info we didn't have.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It's a little dumb that we apparently didn't discuss any of this at the restaurant, instead waiting to have a three-sentence conversation in the sidewalk afterwards. I feel like that scene really should have been in the steakhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
How much you wanna bet when we finally catch up with the demon it tries to make us feel bad about this as if we didn't literally stop bakers slitting their wrists into the pastry dough