Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

This may sound odd but I feel like this is the hardest choice we've had to make up until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Uh. I was not expecting that.

I noticed this earlier, too, but the videos don't match the writings of what we see in the in the LP. The demon never says "Semantics", for example. Why's that?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

It is a really well done scene. You can really feel the creeping horror.

Tiggum posted:

The player character is unvoiced and I didn't want to include the written dialogue options in the video because I find it a bit jarring to have a mix of voiced and unvoiced characters - and I would have had to think about how long to leave them on-screen as I was playing, and make sure my mouse pointer wasn't obscuring anything - so I cut them. But that means some NPC lines lack context and wouldn't make sense, so I cut those as well. The result, I hope, is that the videos serve to provide a bit of extra characterisation and show off the voice acting and animations - but they're not meant to be a complete alternative to the transcriptions.

I've also rearranged lines and joined separate conversations together in a few places just to make it flow a bit better. The way the dialogue's structured makes sense from a game design perspective but wouldn't always translate well to a more passive narrative format. For example, to ask Calliope about the bagels you have to go into the poetry slam, talk to her to get her off stage, end the conversation, then use the bagel from your inventory on her. But I didn't bother including the unimportant parts of that process.

Wow. That's a lot of work to go through. Hat's off to you!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Man, this was one hell of a twist. Loved it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

Neat twist. Mandana and Logan/KayKay and let’s go with Melissa

I vote for this as well. I like Eli, but honest,y Mandana hasn't gotten enough screentime considering how cool she is.