Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I think this case hits the hardest; it really makes you want a shower afterwards. It's also definitely the one I remember best.

Part of it is that it's not very supernatural, what unfolded there was a perfectly possible family drama that spun way out of control. Where the rest of the cases tend to feature strong magical elements in the form of a magical creature wreaking havoc for whatever reason (usually due to abuse by humans, but that's a theme of the whole game) that let you distance yourself from it, this one is just people being massively lovely to each other. And that's more difficult to handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
IIRC they all have a connection to the bar.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this is one of the black-and-white ones. Release.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Eli, Logan, Wall Street. Having an ex-accountant and an ex-alcoholic in our crew should mean we fit right in.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 15, 2020

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Soo... that was the bartender background, the police background obviously gets Vicki's story instead of Logan's, but how do they pull off the emotional investment if you play an actor?