Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i posted about this in the trump and succ threads and nichael asked me to make a thread so i'm making a thread. here's the post i made earlier

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm going to be posting a go fund me later for my best friend

His car spontaneously combusted while he was driving on the highway with his girlfriend. He crashed, got out, on fire, realized she was still inside, and managed to pull her out before the whole thing went up. He's got some serious burns over his whole body, she had spinal cord damage and spent nine hours in surgery. The cops are trying to say he was drunk and hit a pole twenty miles away from where the accident happened. He has no health insurance, he needs a lawyer, and his phone and wallet were incinerated in the car. I cant do enough. I need help, to help him. Anything I raise goes to him to pay for a lawyer and a doctor and a new phone so he can actually get in touch with people. If you can't help, please, just pass it around. He's had a lot of rough breaks in his life and doesn't really have anyone to turn to besides my partner and I.

i forgot to mention in this post, there's a recall on his car, because apparently spontaneous combustion was just a feature of them

please yall. i know goons are surprisingly good people when it counts, and he needs help. if you can give money, great, gofundme is real and strong and an unfortunate necessity in hellworld. if you can't, please just help spread this around, get some eyes on it. if you know any lawyers in the syracuse ny area, please DM me on twitter, @kamenrideruno

please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im so loving angry at this awful world

my friend is the nicest dude, he'd give you the shirt off his back, and the loving pigs are trying to ruin his life and he cant afford a doctor. why is this allowed. why does this happen. why. why.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m broke as poo poo but your friend seems like a cool dude and I wish him all the best. this is a really lovely situation. thanks for being there for him as a friend

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the cops. I kicked in what I could. hope your friend pulls through

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Quick update I reached out to some folks I know in local leftist and punk circles, I might have a line on a lawyer for my buddy. Fingers crossed. Thank you to everyone who's donated so far

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I kicked in some money to help bring about a second Benghazi

that's what this is about, right

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/KamenRiderUno/status/1193592353833050118?s=19

I'm loving crying

My best friend has burns all over his body and his girlfriend spent nine hours in surgery but yeah she definitely walked away unharmed you loving cunts. You miserable cocksuckers. gently caress the police. gently caress them.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

chipped in what I could atm. extremely sorry this horseshit happened to your friend dickeye and i'll be wishing both folks the best :smith:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/KamenRiderUno/status/1193605507656892416?s=19b

Ask a dumb question mom

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/KamenRiderUno/status/1193612592863961089?s=19

Apparently tweeting about lustong for cop death is bad

BENGHAZI 2 has issued a correction as of 21:41 on Nov 10, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I wish him well, and donated monies.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is extremely hosed. Don't let yourself drown in it, OP. Keep pulling for your friend and do everything you can - they're lucky to have someone like you in their lives. You can also contact local media and give them correct information. It's a small thing, but at least they won't only be getting info from the police.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
dickeye if the fundraiser doesn’t meet its goal, does he keep the money?

if not let me know pls

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

dickeye if the fundraiser doesn’t meet its goal, does he keep the money?

if not let me know pls

Yeah, GoFundMe let's you withdraw whenever you want and still tracks progress toward the final goal. Regardless of how much we raise from here on out, he's definitely getting $750 to help with legal fees and poo poo

Thank you so much goons. This really is the best community, of the dumbest people

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah, GoFundMe let's you withdraw whenever you want and still tracks progress toward the final goal. Regardless of how much we raise from here on out, he's definitely getting $750 to help with legal fees and poo poo

Thank you so much goons. This really is the best community, of the dumbest people

Oh good, I was worried about that as well. Was pretty sure its only Kickstarter that makes you wait until you've hit your goal, but capitalism always throws new and exciting twists!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
acab :hai:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Was the car a Tesla

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
all cars are bastards

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Cars bad cops worse, chipped in and hope to see the goal met soon!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Cars bad cops worse, chipped in and hope to see the goal met soon!

donated so that op's friend could be rebuilt as a bionic train

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A friend recommended a lawyer but he wants 3500 just as a retainer, so now we're trying to shop around and see what else exists. Weve hit and beaten the original goal, thanks to all of you, but it's not over yet. Please keep circulating the link.thanks all of you, this really is the best place.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Update to that update he reached out to a family friend who does lawyer poo poo and lawyer is now covered for us, thanks fo the money raised. Fuckin hell. Less than 48 hours. Goons are the best.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Update to that update he reached out to a family friend who does lawyer poo poo and lawyer is now covered for us, thanks fo the money raised. Fuckin hell. Less than 48 hours. Goons are the best.
I'm legit really happy about this.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

haha gently caress you cops :hfive:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
dickeye you're a good friend. Hope the lawyer poo poo works out

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

:hellyeah:

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Threw a little extra in; hope it helps. Good luck to your friend, and I'd echo what FactsAreUseless said: talk to the local media.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Solidarity with you and your friend. Sorry that I'm incapable of offering more than that. :( Props to everyone who's contributing. Goons really are the best.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Glad to see the goal was met, but chipped in a little more for your friend.

Hope he turns out okay.

eta: props to smarxist for reminding me about this thread by posting about it in qcs

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Nov 12, 2019

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Quick update on my friend, we didn't know if they had run a BAC test when they took blood at the hospital so we didn't know what they'd have to use against him at trial but apparently they didn't do that and he didn't blow at the scene so right now their evidence of dwi appears to be "had accident"

We might fuckin beat them after all

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
did they just not administer one at the scene or did he refuse to take one

if he refused that makes it harder, but hed also is probably going to lose his license for a while and get fined regardless of the dwi

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Nov 13, 2019

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo if Dickeye beats the cops

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

did they just not administer one at the scene or did he refuse to take one

if he refused that makes it harder, but hed also is probably going to lose his license for a while and get fined regardless of the dwi

that's still a way better option than having to go to court to fight a dwi

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Quick update on my friend, we didn't know if they had run a BAC test when they took blood at the hospital so we didn't know what they'd have to use against him at trial but apparently they didn't do that and he didn't blow at the scene so right now their evidence of dwi appears to be "had accident"

We might fuckin beat them after all

:gbsmith:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Was the car with fire issues a Tesla

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

i dislike OP a lot but gently caress the police for sure

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gradenko_2000 posted:

I couldn't fight jrode in an abandoned Sears but j will fight the hell out of these cops

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

that's still a way better option than having to go to court to fight a dwi

:gbsmith:

yeah I double checked

its 500 dollar fine not counting the extra bullshit administrative fees and a 12 month suspension if you refuse a breathalyzer

and they can still go after you for dwi it's just harder

yay those stupid 5 hour classes were useful for something other than getting points off

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
good luck though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Nov 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I couldn't fight jrode in an abandoned Sears but j will fight the hell out of these cops

"You fight each other, the police state wins." -The dead kennedy's