Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
covenant is far and away the worst one, except for the fingering scene which is the hardest I've laughed in a movie theater since the rhino bit in ace ventura 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
you should cap it off with Mac and Me

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Stink Billyums posted:

covenant is far and away the worst one, except for the fingering scene which is the hardest I've laughed in a movie theater since the rhino bit in ace ventura 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JXgQ4UwPFc

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hey the two gay robots were the best part of the movie.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Ali3n is way better than its reputation. You need to watch it a while after Aliens because the opening is such a downer. A lot of people never forgave the movie after that and just checked out -- I was guilty of this too.

Covenant is fun if you like old hammer horror movies. Way better than 4. I wish they had done more with the mother. That split second shot was such a great piece of body horror. But it was also effective because it was so short. Too much of a good thing has killed a lot of modern movies.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

jonathan posted:

Unpopular opinion, but 3 was my favourite alien movie. The mood, the acting, the general look. I just enjoy it the most.

Alien is better, but just a bit. Aliens is a good 80's action movie, but it doesn't compare with 1 and 3. The other ones are poo poo.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Which one had the aliens that were allergic to water

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Read the title as "i watched all four ALLEN movies" and came in to laugh at OP's reaction when they learn there's about 800 000 more

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Covenant really needed a "no, he's David!"
"No, he's David! Shoot him!" scene.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
c'mon, Prometheus was aight

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

olives black posted:

I always think that at first but then get worn down as it gets progressively dumber, not to mention ending with what feels like it was supposed to lead in to Alien, but then turns out to have nothing really to do with it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
A second Alien thread? That's a lot of Alien for one forum.

Makes me want to watch Alien.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

olives black posted:

The wrong Scott brother directed Prometheus imo

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
I sort of like 4. It's been years, but i could except the cheesiness, whereas 3 tends to bore me a bit, even the director's cut, but it's not a bad movie. I thought Prometheus was bad until I saw Covenant. Would rather just forget that even happened.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Prometheus was bad because the first half of the movie was building up to something interesting with all this stuff about God and human existence. And then they woke up the alien and he just loving punched everyone in the face for no reason at all and I have never seen a movie take such a stupid 180 so fast in my life.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bobcats posted:

you should cap it off with Mac and Me

:frogout:

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Resting Lich Face posted:

A second Alien thread? That's a lot of Alien for one forum.

Makes me want to watch Alien.

You should watch Alien and the go post in the good Aliens thread.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 12, 2019

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I read both Alien threads and while the second one has more action, the first is original and therefore the better one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

I read both Alien threads and while the second one has more action, the first is original and therefore the better one.

*opens third Alien thread by immediately making GBS threads on everything you cared about in this thread*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Aliens(not the movie) thread was superior imo

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Captain Hygiene posted:

*opens third Alien thread by immediately making GBS threads on everything you cared about in this thread*

*opens fourth alien thread, posts a barely effort op and abandons thread. Neither good enough to be better than the first two, but still unworthy of the gas chamber*

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Let's just make this the commando thread and avoid redundancy.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
When you think about it, E.T. was also an alien. I think E.T. could probably take Alien in a fight because he has a spaceship that makes rainbow exhaust while the Alien is just some dumbass animal that just kills people and don't even eat them. I guess he'd get really fat though if he did eat all those people.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

prometheus was just ridley scott's attempt to make a movie about his ridiculous religious beliefs, and to get the studios to let them he told them it was a prequel to alien.

the best part of prometheus was after nooni climbed out of the abortion machine, covered in blood and struggling to stand, she went to the rest of the crew who were getting ready to go see the alien boss and no one said a single word

hey maybe mention the girl who just removed an alien from her stomach after taking some ibuprofen and a shot of whiskey. also it's still in the room maybe do something about that i dunno

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

Let's just make this the commando thread and avoid redundancy.

Commando is the most fun I've had watching a movie that I can remember.

If you can't remember it, or even if you do, seriously, treat yourself.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One thing that’s super weird about all the alien movies is that you never see the aliens take a poo poo. Like maybe they have perfect metabolism? They don’t have a bathroom so like it should happen sooner or later. :thunk:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

One thing that’s super weird about all the alien movies is that you never see the aliens take a poo poo. Like maybe they have perfect metabolism? They don’t have a bathroom so like it should happen sooner or later. :thunk:
silicon based so they like to eat a lot of carbon i guess

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Colonel Cancer posted:

Covenant is an absolute cinematic abortion of a movie, you should watch it

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i liked it when they blew up the white house

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mooey Cow posted:

Get this: Joss Whedon wrote Alien 4, and heard that everyone thought it sucked so he put a line in the TV show Angel where a dad guy really likes the Alien films "except for that last one", as a wink to his fans, like "heh yeah I know it was pretty bad but we still good though right? :rolleye: ". But Joss it's like, you can't poo poo on the kitchen table then jump off and point at it and go "ain't that a piece of poo poo, fellas?" It's still a huge turd and it's gonna smell and you better scoop it up I gotta eat my corn flakes.
I rewatched alien 4 a while back and realised about 30 minutes in that I was watching alpha test footage for Firefly.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Shbobdb posted:

Ali3n is way better than its reputation. You need to watch it a while after Aliens because the opening is such a downer. A lot of people never forgave the movie after that and just checked out -- I was guilty of this too.

The movie in terms of themes and plotting is pretty good.

In terms of absolutely making GBS threads on the last film in order to reboot the story, unnecessary runtime of attempted rape, and having effects that were a bad idea even at the time, it's still real hard to watch.

One of those "it's a good movie but I need to warn you about a few bits".

Splicer posted:

I rewatched alien 4 a while back and realised about 30 minutes in that I was watching alpha test footage for Firefly.

Firefly but with Ron Perlman as the captain is okay with me.

I feel like the whole movie would go over better if Dan Hedaya's military character wasn't so. loving. stupid. You needed a more realistic base on the ship, and then Brad Dourif going crazy could have really stood out instead of "oh hey look another zany Joss Whedon character" wah wah.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the other problem with 4 is jeunet directed it.

even city of lost children, which is dark and gritty in a french way, had that sorta of whimsical upstroke to it at times.

like the scene with the military dude casually reaching back and pulling out part of his brain after the alien had bit him and being like oh well guess that's that

wtf

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
4 is fine if you think of it as someone accidentally filming a Dark Horse comic book.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I prefer 3 to 1.

2 is the best. Resurrection and Prometheus are the worst. AvP is better than those two but Requiem is worse than anything. Covenant is third place.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I prefer 3 to 1.

2 is the best. Resurrection and Prometheus are the worst. AvP is better than those two but Requiem is worse than anything. Covenant is third place.

Agree with everything except that heretical opening line.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I approve of all movie rankings taking the form of mild logic puzzles.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I just had to pop in here and say that you are a broke brained human being. I'm going to strap you down like in Clockwork Orange and make you watch Alien over and over again until you see the light.

I like Aliens the best though too. But Alien and Aliens are different types of movies.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The 'METHEUS is one of the only slapstick horror philosophy comedies out there.

It's absurd but I still like it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The fact that 3 tried to end the series is kinda why I like it. We live in a time when poo poo is just sequel after sequel or reboots galore so I respected a story with a definite end. Then 4 rolled along at went "lol we took your blood remember? No? Well just pretend we did, look at what we can do now, clones!" and was just complete bollocks.

Just like there are only 2 Terminator films, 2 Robocop, 3 Star Wars, there's only 3 Alien films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The fact that 3 tried to end the series is kinda why I like it. We live in a time when poo poo is just sequel after sequel or reboots galore so I respected a story with a definite end. Then 4 rolled along at went "lol we took your blood remember? No? Well just pretend we did, look at what we can do now, clones!" and was just complete bollocks.

Just like there are only 2 Terminator films, 2 Robocop, 3 Star Wars, there's only 3 Alien films.

i like the cheesiness of ripley being like an alien hybrid, feels cool in dorky way