Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Yeah, the "You people" rant did him in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d44QlwurFbQ

Everyone in Canada knows he was quite a character with a big mouth (and the best-dressed guy at the Olympics) and I honestly thought he was going to try and diffuse all this by backpedaling and claiming he wasn't talking about immigrants, but the "who come here" part kind of cemented it all.

Any guesses who they'll pick for Ron to play the straight man off of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Flower for Don Cherry is my favorite science fiction story

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don’t know this man, but he like poppy’s for sure.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Don Cherry....

More like GONE Cherry 😂😂😂😂

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Gotta love old pieces of poo poo who were too cowardly to serve trying to score sympathy points off the backs of war heroes.

Yeah fine I didn't get sent to Afghanistan but I still did my training, earned my commission from Her Majesty the Elizabeth, gave half a decade and did my job.

Always funny to hear these people's excuses as to why they didn't enlist

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

No word from Ron yet but the editorials are going to be flying over this for a while.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Cherry status: popped

That dudes 85 years loving old, of course he’s racist. He’s not even talkin about hockey. Wtf

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Don Cherry really is the flower of an hour am I right or amirite :grin: :grin: :grin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I’m one of the rare Canadians who don’t like Hockey but can somebody tell my why exactly he was still relevant? He played hockey in the loving 70s and anybody I’ve asked has said the game has changed completely since then. His who gimmick was dressing like a jackass who bought his suits off Ali express it’s not like anybody can’t do that now.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
You people on these forums who come here on your boats

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

I don’t know this man, but he like poppy’s for sure.

Ex-hockey coach turned well-known TV commentator thanks to our public broadcaster, well-earned reputation for being an obnoxious and outrageous loudmouth, had his own multi-volume line of VHS tapes back in the day featuring the roughest fights and takedowns in hockey that they could edit and pump out to video stores...also, massive patriot and flaunted it.

Need any more info?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agent Escalus posted:

Ex-hockey coach turned well-known TV commentator thanks to our public broadcaster, well-earned reputation for being an obnoxious and outrageous loudmouth, had his own multi-volume line of VHS tapes back in the day featuring the roughest fights and takedowns in hockey that they could edit and pump out to video stores...also, massive patriot and flaunted it.

Need any more info?

Nah, I’m good. Thx

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Don Cherry is a loving clown and he should have been fired decades ago for the stupid poo poo he says

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Dumb old angry man he looks like a navy captain in candyland

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i want a papi :q:

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
It was inevitable really. It was either get fired or die on screen. Either he's going to go completely bonkers and rob a bunch of stores like that radio guy that got fired here or he'll get into a drunk snowmobile accident at night and blame his wife.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Time to make some ill considered jokes about how Grapes could never enter politics

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Even Jeremy Clarkson survived un-PC rants and the criticism thrown his way. He only got fired for physically assaulting a producer, Grapes couldn't even do that. What a letdown to a good firing.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

don cherry is a loving imbecile and deserved to be fired 19 years ago

gently caress him and good riddance

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How much did he lose? Like it matters, he’s 85 lol

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

his ego, and that's all that matters to him

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

This all feels very Canadian.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good riddance

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Burt Sexual posted:

He has a few sports bars that bare his name but they are just unremarkable sports bars with pictures of him and jerseys on the wall.

Cherry is a huge Trump fan which is why he's always orange I guess. He also campaigned for Rob Ford (the crack addict) for mayor even though he doesn't live in Toronto.

He thinks climate change isn't real because we still get snow.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
More like DUMB Cherry!

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
important to remember that ol'Don writes in all caps with each word underlined

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

autism ZX spectrum posted:

important to remember that ol'Don writes in all caps with each word underlined

Isnt that the script to Night Man Cometh

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I was honestly expecting his exit to be on-air live aneurysm.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Did anyone Ok boomer him yet

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Reminds me of Jimmy the Greek.

https://youtu.be/xKtIqXMpHcY

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
Is he related to that Harry Cherry guy at all? I miss his antics (of being pissed off at people asking if that's his real name)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

RocktheCaulk posted:

Did anyone Ok boomer him yet

hes a depression-era baby

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

sweet thursday posted:

Isnt that the script to Night Man Cometh

lol

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Agent Escalus posted:

Any guesses who they'll pick for Ron to play the straight man off of?

greg zaun

the dude from nickelback

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"this here's classic old time hockey, you get out there you mix it up, do your time in the box come back put the puck in the net"

-don cherry hockey voice

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I donate to those poppy boxes every year but I don't wear the poppy because I end up inevitably stabbing myself when I forget I have it pinned on me.

Guess I'm a monster

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Who cares Don Cheedle ruined Iron Man 2

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

GolfHole posted:

hes a depression-era baby

When will the silent generation finally shut the gently caress up already amirite??

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Rogers shareholders had factored in far more racial slurs into Don Cherrys exit episode so stock must be up today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
lmao at the idea that any Canadian (or American) soldier has fought to protect their nation's way of life in the last hundred years.