Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Girlfriend got a new job and I’ve wanted to build a PC for ages so we’re deciding to pool our resources and get a nice rig she can use to work from home (as an architect) and I can play games with, with the idea that I’m spending my money on this rather than a Series X when that comes out at the end of the year. I’ve made a mini ITX build on pcpartpicker based on a Ryzen 3600 and a GeForce 2070, and it seems ordering from Amazon.de (we live in Luxembourg) everything is in stock and at a normal price so we could go for it now. But even though the advice with building PCs is usually “there’s always something better around the corner so buy whatever you want now”, I see the current generation of GPUs are 2 years old and the next wave are coming out in a few months, and if I’m wanting this PC to negate the need for a next gen console would it make more sense to wait a while given our need isn’t urgent?

Edit: also, is there somewhere I can go to have all of the current terminology around VRR, Freesync, HDMI 2.1, 144hz etc explained to me like I’m a very stupid person, because that’s how I feel when I research monitors and TVs at the moment with no idea what these things mean in practice and how important they are to my purchasing decisions

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Yes

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Coucho Marx posted:

Comprehensively useful words

Many thanks for this! Here’s the rough build I had in mind.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€174.99 @ Mindfactory)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock LP 51.4 CFM CPU Cooler (€41.98 @ ARLT)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (€125.79 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€67.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€115.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB MINI Video Card (€564.91 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case (€58.93 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€79.99 @ Corsair DE)
Total: €1230.48

I went ITX rather than mATX because there’s something about the small factor build that really appeals to me, and physical space is at a premium in our apartment - although obviously, having a pc case be a small cube as opposed to a slightly taller tower really isn’t going to make any practical difference to our usable space. The potential for price disparity is more of an issue, but it looks like with these components it hasn’t really affected the total price at all? The mobo and case are cheaper, the GPU slightly more expensive, but I save on having to buy a WiFi card.

I’m not absolutely wedded to doing an ITX build but I do like the idea of the challenge, I think stemming from the fact that the first PC I ever built was as a stupid teen where bigger = better and I had a gently caress off huge tower, mostly empty and wasted space. I don’t mind if it’s a bit fiddly, but I’m willing to defer to experience if people tell me it’s loving miserable trying to build in those cases. The one I chose looks roomy enough for what I’d want in it at least.

And thanks a bunch for the terminology breakdown - I had been looking at a few 27” 144hz/1440p monitors anyway, so this just confirms that. I’ll take more specific questions to the monitor thread when I’m looking to buy. One last question, if I’m looking for this PC to be a next gen console replacement, does it have the necessary specs that I’ll be able to connect it up to my TV and game from the sofa with graphical quality and frame rates better or at least on par with what I’d be getting if I just bought a Series X?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I’ve gone down the rabbit hole now and made a mATX build taking into account the fact that you’re limiting yourself to small form factor GPUs if you go ITX, and although there’s decent 2070S cards at that size I guess there’s no guarantee when the new cards come out they’ll be made in the smaller form factor immediately/ever maybe? However I saw a beautiful tiny case by this German manufacturer called Dan’s Cases, evidently niche and very popular because they’re not available again until September, which manages to fit full-size GPUs in an ITX format by sandwiching the GPU behind the mobo using pci extenders and now I want one.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, there are a few like that. The Sliger ones are my white whales.

Ooh thanks for the heads up, they have an EU distributor too.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

double nine posted:

no it does, "GPU: 6 GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 - HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX, VR compatible"

I’ve done a very rough and ready quick build for a similar price that would absolutely clown all over the one you’re quoted, and includes a 27” 1440p monitor

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€188.05 @ Azerty)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler (€44.95 @ Paradigit)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€98.04 @ Azerty)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€85.95 @ Bytes At Work)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€148.00 @ Azerty)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (€445.28 @ Azerty)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€49.00 @ Paradigit)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€89.90 @ Paradigit)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter (€32.85 @ Azerty)
Monitor: LG 27GL850-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor (€509.00 @ Azerty)
Total: €1691.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-11 00:08 CEST+0200

I’m also slightly out of the loop but I know enough to know you can do a shitload better then what you were quoted. If you wanted an equivalent system to the one he was quoted you could get it for sub €1000 by building it yourself I reckon.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

double nine posted:

i'll take a look and ask him whether he wants bigger oompf or same performance for cheaper prices. Thank you for your quick feedback. I do want to note part of the costs are the MS office/windows 10 packages, which I don't see in your setup and cost ~300 euros

Here’s a system that’s still a big improvement (24” screen, better GPU, CPU and storage) while a few hundred euros less.

PCPartPicker Part List
Total: €1350.79

Windows 10 you can apparently get keys for on this very site for like $20, someone else will need to point you in the right direction. It looks like the office 2019 home package is $130 to download, although others may know a cheaper way around that too.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I guess it's a good time to ask, because it's one of my concerns with an ITX build, especially the sandwich style cases I'm looking at - with a Ryzen 3600 and a top end GPU, is it gonna be running too hot? What is 'too hot' anyway and how does it negatively affect performance or lifespan or whatever? Or is it more about fan noise?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

It's fine.

Edit: got it confused with a different monitor. It may not be fine. Ask in the monitor megathread for someone more useful than me

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 19, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Isn't 32GB of RAM way overkill for that build? Get 16GB, spend the hard drive money on a 1TB SSD and use the leftover RAM money to buy a smaller HDD

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 2, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

From the OP

quote:

6. Intel or AMD CPU?

For almost all systems an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 is the correct choice currently, offering excellent price/performance and excellent performance overall. For budget or very high end systems there are other choices, but expect to get a 3600 until the 4600 comes out or Intel makes serious changes to their product stack / gets 10nm sorted out.

So yeah you'll need to upgrade your mobo and also you'll need new DDR4 RAM.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Now, or more accurately about 5 years ago

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Hakarne posted:

Any feedback or changes that keep this around $600 max would be appreciated! I'm a little rusty so I'm hoping I didn't screw anything up too badly...

As the other dude said, save $100 on the windows licence by buying it from the guy in SA Mart, then use that money to bump your CPU up to a 3600 and get 16GB of RAM imo. Then you'll have a capable machine for your kid's current needs, and have the option of dropping a new GPU in to make it a very good system in the next few years.

I'm not an expert but yeah Ryzen 3600 is the recommended CPU for basically all builds right now.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Hakarne posted:

So I'm putting together a build for my kid.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($168.75 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($66.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($114.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4 GB G1 Gaming Video Card
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($58.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($57.49 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC55BT B1 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter ($34.99 @ B&H)
Total: $585.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-19 19:30 EDT-0400

Here's a new build for you that comes in under your previous price also including a 1TB SSD, 500GB is not a lot of space these days. The SA Mart guy's windows keys are like $15 iirc

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

ya dangus posted:

is there anything here that is so far beyond the realm of diminishing returns that I should look to downgrade?

Basically all of it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903626&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post499984447

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I was linking it more for the general advice that dropping that much money on a very high end build right now is a bad idea due to Covid shortages and also the impending arrival of next gen GPUs

You can definitely also save on the processor and motherboard

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

Hey, goons

OP posted:

21. Do hard disks have any place in a modern computer?

If you need an abundance of storage on the cheap, multi-Terabyte HDDs can be had for half the cost of an SSD or less, however the performance gap between them is, without hyperbole, the biggest advance in home computer performance in a decade (or more). If you’re not backing up complete collections of perfectly legitimate Blu-Rays, you’re better served getting as much SSD storage as you can afford and deleting a few games if necessary.

Speed is the answer.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

bitprophet posted:

Any y'all have direct experience with mini-ITX-compatible cases that can support today's ridiculously thick (as in width/depth, not height or length) GPUs?

My BitFenix Prodigy is barely too narrow for an MSI RTX 2070 Super 'Gaming X' I just got; can't put the side of the case back on as the card's fans bulge out. My old GTX 970 (same 'line' as this one, besides not being "Super") was 35mm thick but the new one's 56mm!

I could try a different card, but given NewEgg's restocking/ship fees, I'd be out about $100 and if this is the direction GPUs are moving in, I want to at least consider investing that money into a "3 slots wide GPU" capable case instead.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776587

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Family Values posted:

Have I made any mistakes? The last time I screwed around with PC poo poo was 20 years ago. (What's the deal with neon lights and see through windows on everything? I tried to pick components that do *not* have a bunch of blinking lights, which was rather hard.)

I have the above items sitting in an Amazon list ready to click buy, but this is giving me pause:

Whatever those guys ship this year is going to cost a fortune, right? That's if you can even get your hands on it. I think I can just go with the above and think about next-gen in a year or two.

Also, I'm looking for recommendations on a monitor.

I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as many people itt but I'll give you a few answers and I'm sure someone else will be in to expound upon them before long.

RGB poo poo: I'm with you, I don't like it either. You can either buy the stuff that comes without (which is usually a bit cheaper because of that) or just turn it off.

Regarding your build, yes there are a few glaring issues. For your use case I would say the CPU is slight overkill and the liquid cooling expensive and unnecessary. Your storage is a big issue, you don't need to spend $380 on a 2TB NVME. Buy two 1TB sticks instead and save around $150, which would be much better invested in a GPU to satisfy your stated 4k gaming desires.

The new nvidia cards will likely be priced to replace the current ones, so yes while the absolute highest end Super or Ti or whatever will be super expensive (as now), the standard 3080 will likely be similarly priced to the current 2080. Your choice of a 2070 Super is already $500+, which would immediately lose a lot of its value when the new cards come out. Waiting and spending a couple hundred extra dollars on the GPU would likely get you a 3080 and give you much better performance for your dollar. This is without considering whatever AMD will have to offer.

And here is a better place for your monitor questions

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Turn the lights off via the drivers/software.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

FeastForCows posted:

Well poo poo, that's the only part I didn't check for compatibility. Would it make more sense to choose a different motherboard or just buy a new CPU?

For future reference that's like the most important part to check.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

MonkeyLibFront posted:

1) mainly for space saving, as I'm not sure how big the new 30XX cards are going to be, if size isn't an issue I'll just go for non AIO.

GPU size doesn't get in the way of processor cooling, except in very niche small builds in tiny cases where airflow can be blocked or w/e

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Looks like that's still a popular choice for cooling Ryzens, however your older model won't have included the necessary bracket to fit it to AM4 motherboards. Upgrade kits were available at one point but might be hard to find now.

Having said all that the stock cooler that comes with the 3700X is perfectly adequate for your needs so you could save money there and only buy a new cooler if you think the stock one gets too loud.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

How concerned should I be about getting a X570 board instead of B550? looking to plug in a 3700x and 3070 (or whatever) in it, for gaming and no overclocking.

Not very

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Etuni posted:

Right now I’m using my work monitor at home, which is an Apple Thunderbolt display. Would I be able to connect this to my new PC, assuming I get a motherboard with a thunderbolt connection, like the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6) AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen) ATX Gaming Motherboard?

quote:

Apple Thunderbolt Displays, like the video input on Thunderbolt iMacs, drop compatibility with all previous standards, including VGA, DVI, and DisplayPort.[6] They are not compatible with computers that do not have a Thunderbolt port, including pre-2011 Macs and the vast majority of desktop PCs.

That ain't a thunderbolt port in the back of that motherboard, it's USB-C. Yes they look the same. Also you need to connect your monitor to the GPU not the motherboard unless you have a processor with on-board graphics.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Etuni posted:

Ah, this is good to know, thanks. So what is the thing labeled "Thunderbolt 3 Header" at the bottom of the 4th pic of that motherboard? Guessing it's not likely that I'll be able to connect the monitor to the new NVIDIA cards then, right? Guess I need to up my budget and find space for a new monitor.

FWIW I'm just googling this as I go so you could also try to figure it out, but Thunderbolt has been through 3 iterations and they're not backwards compatible. The newest version is physically compatible with USB-C, but that doesn't guarantee connectivity. Looks like the header on that mobo is needed if you were to buy an expansion card with thunderbolt 3 ports which seem to be popular with some audio devices. The old Apple thunderbolt displays aren't thunderbolt 3 and aren't compatible with any of the ports on the back of graphics cards, even with an adapter.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Klyith posted:

And then that's thunderbolt 3 so you need an adapter to go from the usb-c type TB3 connection to the proprietary TB2 connector. But all of those together and you can connect a modern PC video card to the apple display.

You can physically connect them yes, but from what I read on various forums of people trying exactly this, the monitor won't display anything. It needs to be connected to a mac.

Klyith posted:

They're not physically compatible, but they are compatible with an active adapter (apple sells one for $50). According to apple that will connect modern TB3 macs to the TB2 Thunderbolt Display.

Again, he's not trying to connect it to a mac, so this limited backwards compatibility doesn't apply to his use case.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

uXs posted:

My current system is an i5-3570k cpu with a geforce GTX 970. When I look at the recommended specs for FlightSim, that GPU is literally the recommended card. Would it make sense to upgrade the mobo/cpu now, and keep the GPU for now to upgrade in a few months when the new ones are out?

Yes. Absolutely. After a certain point, GPU performance is 100% the bottleneck for pushing high framerates. Upgrade the CPU and mobo now, be able to happily play flightsim for a few months, then get the best new GPU you can afford and you'll be well set for the foreseeable future.

Others are helping you more but I'll just say quickly from the outside you fell into the trap of thinking bigger numbers and more expensive = better. Don't do that. Evidently you can afford a great build right now but there's still smart and stupid ways to spend that money and your original build was full of the latter.

Basically the i9 10900k is an unnecessary amount of money for what is technically the fastest chip but at the cost of incredible power draw, heat production and also in real world applications the extra speed is totally irrelevant, and in some cases it's still slower than the high end Ryzens. The next gen console architectures are based on a 3700x, so bear that in mind when you're thinking how to spend your money most wisely over the next few years.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 22, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

64Gb RAM is totally unnecessary.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

uXs posted:

Or maybe I'm overestimating it, I dunno.

You are.

uXs posted:

As for the CPU, eh. I'm already coming down from the i9, I don't know if I want to go down much further.

You’re not ‘coming down’ from anything. Buying the i9 is akin to buying an older f1 car to use on your daily commute. The additional power is pointless, only obvious in a few contrived situations and actually a burden in the overwhelming majority of situations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Spacedad posted:

Speaking of which - as I'm interested in a mini ITX build in the near future, I'm curious what cases people recommend.

This one looks promising for example: https://www.lian-li.com/pc-tu150/

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776587

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

Wow, thanks. That was quick! I looked up the RTX 3000 series and I might wait a few weeks for that before I put the whole thing together.

Here's Sean's build with a few adjustments, which is very similar to what I'll be going for in a couple months.

He didn't include a motherboard, I've gone for a 550 chipset which guarantees a bit of future compatibility, micro ATX size because those come with on-board WiFi and it sounds like you have no need for many extra expansion slots. There's space for an additional NVMe drive for future storage expansion if needed. You could also go for a full-size ATX board and buy a separate WiFi card.

I've bumped it up to the 3700x sean mentioned because I think it makes sense to have a processor on parity with the next generation of consoles for when increased cores/threads are being fully taken advantage of. I've also changed the ram to a slightly faster module which plays nicely with the processor apparently.

I think you should absolutely wait for the 3070, it will be a big performance boost over if you bought now.

There's dedicated monitor and accessory threads in the forum but for single monitor gaming the sweet spot now is 1440p 27", which you can expect to pay €300-€500 for. Along with accessories your entire build should run you ~€2250.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The GPU manufacturer is irrelevant, you don't need to match Radeons to AMD CPUs or nvidias to Intel.

He questioned why Intel because generally they were well beaten by AMD for value and performance across the board in the last few years, but that i5 10400F you were recommended looks like a recent release which is competitive performance and price wise with the standard midrange Ryzen recommendation, which is a 3600 with a B550 chipset mobo. I will question the single stick of RAM though - others are way more knowledgable than me but generally dual channel RAM is better in performance across all applications, although it doesn't make a huge difference in games.

I would say with your budget I'd even be tempted to spend a little more on the GPU, which will have a lot more of an effect on performance longer term than either of the CPUs mentioned. You could step up to a 2060 Super for ~$650 or the Radeon 5700 XT for less than $600.

Edit: beaten oh well

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

At the moment not much difference, but in the future potentially, owing to the fact that the new consoles both use NVMe drives and Sony in particular are making noise about how they're going to design games based on the much faster loading speeds.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

MikeJF posted:

So sounds like I should wait a bit for GPU upgrades, but is it an okay time now to do mobo/cpu upgrade?

I had this list a few months ago, is it still valid? Is there anything that would be better at this price point or would be a substantial improvement for a small price bump?

ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 - $295
Noctua NH-U12S Cooler - $123
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - $349
Some ram from kingston or corsair I dunno.

Keep in mind I'm in Oz so availability and prices might be slightly strange.

I'd say if you don't have a specific need for the 570 motherboard you could save a bit of money by getting a B550 instead, which are good for the majority of people's use cases.

Edit: it looks like you can get 16GB crucial ballistix 3600 RAM for only a few bucks more than the average price, which people itt recommend because it plays nicer with Ryzen processors

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 31, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Kingnothing posted:

On my end it's just a build list with one external case pic and talking about upgrading.

And that case picture shows the correct orientation of an installed D15.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

It'll be around Christmas before I order everything, but I'm looking at an NR200 build with a Ryzen 3700x and either an RTX3070 or 80. The 600W Corsair Platinum SF PSU should be more than enough to power that with a 3080 right?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Pazzeh posted:

Appreciate any advice / comments on this build

Thank you

£1500 without GPU and monitor is a lot and is in 'spending money for the sake of it' territory, rather than best price/value proposition for your use case, just so you know.

Ryzen 3900XT is unnecessary, I'd argue even the Ryzen 3900X is overkill, the 3700X is a better version of what's in the new consoles so that should keep you relevant on the CPU side of things for gaming for the foreseeable future. But the 3900X fits in your budget so you do you. Get a liquid cooler if you really want but for those Ryzens it's not really necessary, you can get cheaper and just as effective results with a big air cooler (the size of your case is relevant too obviously). The top end Intel CPUs are the super hot and thirsty ones that need air cooling. If you can get Crucial Ballistix ram do that, it plays nicer with Ryzens apparently. With your budget you can afford 32GB so why not. Samsung NVMEs are overpriced and not worth it. I'd go with a WD SN550 or 750.

If I were you I'd be smart and spend a little less on the components and use the savings to get a new 144hz monitor, because that would feel like a big upgrade from what you're currently using. With your budget and the parts recommended (3080, Ryzen 3700X) you'd crush 1440p 144hz and could easily do 4k at high frame rates too.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

You could go for the Radeon 5600XT and get a better performing GPU for ~$100 less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Vitamins posted:

any advice is welcome and appreciated!

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/XmH4K4

The Ryzen 3800X is kinda eh, not worth the extra few quid it costs. The 3700X is a better version of what's in the new consoles so should be fine for gaming for the foreseeable future.

I've changed you to Crucial Ballistix RAM which plays nicer with Ryzens.

And I've swapped your storage from the Crucial, which uses QLC thus becoming slower the fuller it gets and making it unsuitable for your main OS drive, to the cheapest of the better options using TLC.

The stock cooler on the Ryzen is perfectly capable but might be too noisy for your taste. But you can order a mounting bracket from noctua free of charge to fit it to AM4 boards.