Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Huge_Midget posted:

On the topic of cases, is there a go to full tower case that comes with at least six 3.5” HDD bays and a modern front I/O panel with USB Type C? It will be an air cooled setup, and if it had a 5.25” external bay that would be icing on the cake, but not necessary.

Corsair sells an front panel upgrade for the 750d. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...it/p/CC-8900138

They also sell additional hard drive bays if you want more than 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

DamnGlitch posted:

Anyone know why M2 seems to run so hot when 2.5 form seem just fine? I've seen a lot of stuff about heat spreaders for M2. Is it just the location?

The exterior/case of a 2.5 acts as enough of a heatsink.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Samadhi posted:

Since my processor is scheduled to arrive Tuesday, I'm pulling the trigger on the rest of my parts. I already have a 2TB ADATA M.2 drive, but looking for any input on this for the second M.2 drive since ADATA has nerfed their chipset:

Sabrent 2TB ROCKET NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-2TB)
https://www.newegg.com/sabrent-rock...5626-_-11202020

It's fine I think, but the 970 evo plus is on sale for the same price atm. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFZXR1B/

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Ryzen wants fast memory but it's a bit weird.
Zen 2 benefitted easily from Ram up to 3600 because several things would run in 1:1 ratio with it, so 3600 with low timings (16 good, but 14 was possible) was a pretty simple sweet spot.
Zen 3 should be similar but the sweet spot now should be 4000, but almost every motherboard isn't able to run stable at those speeds, but could be able to once AMD provides updated code to manufacturers.
3600 cl16 and 3200 cl14 memory should still perform pretty well.

On the overclocking side I know they are looking for specific types of controllers on the ram itself, if it is single rank vs dual rank, and some other criteria so there is a deep rabbit hole if you want to dive down.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Booyah- posted:

Can you post the source?

I don't have a news article or anything but seen a lot of people complaining about this in various stock alerting discords.