Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My screen has been freezing/flickering and then blue screening all week. Cleaned it, reapplied thermal paste, refresh/reinstalled win10. No luck
Was thinking its either the 660ti GPU or power supply, but messing around I shorted out the chassis fan connector on the motherboard (saw a spark) and may have killed the whole thing

Looking around at used stuff in the area, saw a computer with my exact power supply and CPU (3570k) and a 1070 for $650. Is that a good reflection of the market?

Is prebuilt going to be the way to go with how bad the graphics card market is?
Friend of mine is saying just get a prebuilt laptop from Asus but I can't imagine the heat issues being ok

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU