Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I really, really need to get a new pc.

I want a build that can emulate ps3 titles, is capable of ray tracing and upscales to 4K. That resolutions seems to be the direction games will be going once next gen hits.

Someone sent me this, and the price is fine. I can get a new monitor later if I need to. I just wanna know if this looks solid and if anything should be changed.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TztDx6

As far as I’m aware the rtx line is the only one capable of ray tracing. However Ryzen cpus seem to be capable of ps3 emulation for cheaper. But I’m not sure how much of a performance hit I’ll take for that or how future proof it is. I’ll pay more if it means my rig is significantly more sustainable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

So here’s the build I’m aiming for. It’s modified based on what orange juche sent me earlier. I decided to put in the Ryzen 3700X because its multi-threading gives it a leg up when it comes to emulating more strenuous titles.

I was wanting to know if I should go with 32 gigs of ram instead of 16, and if I should go with the fractal Meshify. I like the fractal define s2, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the $200+.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That’s a good point. I’ll lower it to a Super then if a TI is useless to me atm.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7wyGcq

I can settle for this sweeter price or reinvest that cash in a case that glows in the dark or some poo poo. Or maybe a better monitor.