Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
On the topic of cases, is there a go to full tower case that comes with at least six 3.5” HDD bays and a modern front I/O panel with USB Type C? It will be an air cooled setup, and if it had a 5.25” external bay that would be icing on the cake, but not necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

So this may or may not be the place to ask, and this is probably a very unique use case scenario, but has anyone ever had any experience moving a set of drives that are setup as a Windows Storage Space from one machine to another one? I have my Plex library on a set of four, 5 terabyte WD drives and was hoping to migrate them to my new box. Windows Storage Spaces are considered a thin provisioned drive, and my cursory research leads me to believe that you can indeed move them to a new box and that Windows should recognize them as such, but I want to make sure before I try anything stupid.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Does anyone know what the timeline is for Samsung’s new PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives are? I’m targeting late spring / early summer for my new build and I’m waiting to finalize the selection of boot/program drive to whatever the fastest NVMe drive is.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Does anyone here have any firsthand experience with putting an EATX board in a Fractal Design Define R6? According to Fractal Design’s website it should fit just fine, but the particular ASUS TRX40 motherboard I’m looking at apparently has a large active heat sink on the VRMs that interferes with the top mounted 140mm fans in the case. At least that’s what I’ve seen from one of like 3 reviews at Amazon and Newegg (which I’m guessing were written by the same person judging by the almost exact same wording of both reviews).

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Actually feeling really validated about the Cyberpunk delay. Now I definitely can wait for Zen 3 and the 3000 series Nvidia cards before I build a new machine this fall.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Has anyone heard anything about when Noctua is releasing the newly revised NH-D15 for the new Threadrippers? They announced it over a year ago and said it was supposed to be available at the end of 2019 but I have not seen anything to suggest it’s is available.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14578/noctua-shows-off-updated-140mm-cpu-coolers

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I kinda want to see how that thermosiphon that IceGiant is making pans out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Total Meatlove posted:

Does anyone know if this is a) a legit noctua cooler, and b) if so, what one it is? I’ve trawled their website and I can’t see one with the dual towers with the front elements too.

That is most assuredly not a Noctua cooler. The fan might be but the heatsink itself definitely isn’t.