Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

jassa posted:

Has it been said anywhere that the (rumoured) characters coming in from Rebels will be sticking around for more than an episode or two? I suspect those of you who are worrying over this are doing so needlessly. They're not about to make this a show with an ensemble cast present in every episode. The core concept of the show is wolf & cub and I don't see that changing for more than a couple of episodes at a time.

With the strong rumours of a Rebels sequel I could certainly see these character appearances being a tease or hook into that. "Oh, you want to learn more about these cool people? While you're waiting for their new adventures, go check out their origins!"

All they’ve said is that Mando will have spinoff series. I would imagine that means Rosario Dawson gets an Ahsoka show, but we’ll see. Cara Dune spinoff was theorized too but with her being a Chud on Twitter, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cartoon Man posted:

All they’ve said is that Mando will have spinoff series. I would imagine that means Rosario Dawson gets an Ahsoka show, but we’ll see. Cara Dune spinoff was theorized too but with her being a Chud on Twitter, who knows.

Hah. I wouldn't put money on Dawson getting a series either, considering her own history with transphobia.

I'd rather see the blue guy get a spinoff than either of those two.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The show is still called The Mandalorian so much like the first season I assume the extended cast probably won't be permanent, even Cara/Carl Weathers.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Hakkesshu posted:

The show is still called The Mandalorian so much like the first season I assume the extended cast probably won't be permanent, even Cara/Carl Weathers.

They all get adopted into his new clan.
Season 3: The Mandalorians.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A Fistful of Mandollarians.

For a Few Mandollarians More.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m predicting that Ahsoka will get teased in like episode 3 or 4 but she won’t do any Jedi things yet or show a lightsaber and will probably disappear till the season finale. But when that comes she’s absolutely gonna bust out a lightsaber and take on Moff Gideon’s Darksaber in the big finale while we all go “Holy poo poo!”

Well, except for that one poster who hates fun Star Wars things.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Ahsoka will appear on screen for 30 seconds, cut Cara Dune in half, and be the first person in AGES actually killed with the flamethrower

This is the way

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m predicting that Ahsoka will get teased in like episode 3 or 4 but she won’t do any Jedi things yet or show a lightsaber and will probably disappear till the season finale. But when that comes she’s absolutely gonna bust out a lightsaber and take on Moff Gideon’s Darksaber in the big finale while we all go “Holy poo poo!”

Well, except for that one poster who hates fun Star Wars things.

There was a Rebels episode where Ezra, Kanan, and Zeb are on the run, protecting force-sensitive babies from Inquisitors and Ahsoka shows up to save them. I could totally see a similar situation with Mando and Baby Yoda being overwhelmed at some point, and then Ahsoka drops in to help out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jassa posted:

Hah. I wouldn't put money on Dawson getting a series either, considering her own history with transphobia.

Good thing she doesn't! She has one person who filed a lawsuit that hasn't gone anywhere claiming that she and her mother went wild and began beating the crap out of them for no reason, which would be pretty surprising for outspoken trans rights advocate Rosario Dawson to do.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Cage Kicker posted:

Ahsoka will appear on screen for 30 seconds, cut Cara Dune in half, and be the first person in AGES actually killed with the flamethrower

This is the way

Not sure how you're defining "ages" but Mando flambeed some stormtrooper dude in episode 3

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm fine with a running gag of the flamethrower continuing to be his most useless weapon and Mando getting increasingly frustrated until he replaces it with something like a grenade launcher.

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

jassa posted:

Has it been said anywhere that the (rumoured) characters coming in from Rebels will be sticking around for more than an episode or two? I suspect those of you who are worrying over this are doing so needlessly. They're not about to make this a show with an ensemble cast present in every episode. The core concept of the show is wolf & cub and I don't see that changing for more than a couple of episodes at a time.

Yeah, I wanted to chime in as a “I have no idea about this other EU thing and have concerns about how it will integrate,” but I still have hope based on how good season 1 was, and that I think they’ve probably thought this through pretty well. But really, there is actually a compelling reason to introduce this specific character: they need to deliver the baby to a Jedi, and hey look at this, there’s a free Jedi character around. Makes sense. I am optimistic it will be well done.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I know we're supposed to be mad when the streams cross or whatever, but I think Dr. Aphra would be a great fit to stumble into the Mando's mission for one episode and would be a fun character to make it to the screen.

poo poo, I'd be tickled if they kept it under wraps and it happens this season. His mission to Illum might be a great time for their paths to cross.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

I know we're supposed to be mad when the streams cross or whatever, but I think Dr. Aphra would be a great fit to stumble into the Mando's mission for one episode and would be a fun character to make it to the screen.

poo poo, I'd be tickled if they kept it under wraps and it happens this season. His mission to Illum might be a great time for their paths to cross.

Oh maaaan. If this happens.... :allears:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I would pay real earth dollars to have a Dr. Aphra appearance.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Hazo posted:

Not sure how you're defining "ages" but Mando flambeed some stormtrooper dude in episode 3

Wait, you mean it worked once at the beginning of the season, and then never again? Yeah you knew what I meant by ages.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

She fits in with the Scum and Villainy vibe they want, anyway. I guess the "crooked prospector" is a Western-enough archetype to fit in here, too.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
A BT-1 and 0-0-0 cameo would be cool.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Captain Splendid posted:

A BT-1 and 0-0-0 cameo would be cool.

Let the Auralnauts guy voice trip or gtfo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It would be a neat excuse to have an Indiana Jones-style adventure. Aphra hires Mando as muscle to help with a deep dive into a lost ruin looking for long lost technology, protected by numerous implausibly still-functional death traps, and she inevitably betrays him in the end.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

It would be a neat excuse to have an Indiana Jones-style adventure. Aphra hires Mando as muscle to help with a deep dive into a lost ruin looking for long lost technology, protected by numerous implausibly still-functional death traps, and she inevitably betrays him in the end.

Sounds like an amazing episode. Hope it happens. Filoni/Favreau pls.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bring Creepio and the Singularity Engine on board this show.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

A hutt darksaber plot in the background that’s there but never directly addressed would be cool. Take the idea but have it just be something happening off screen that no one interacts directly with. Mando sees it maybe in passing as it’s blown up but no one is involved with it outside of maybe a courier mission or something. It’s there all season but isn’t the hook or direct plot point. I just have this idea of everything happening around the show but no one knows or cares at all. Feels like it’d be a good gently caress you to how every other piece of sw media has to be related to big galactic happenings.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Regular cut-aways to Moff Gideon being informed that the superweapon project of the day has just been blown up would be ace. Just go through every stupid superweapon from the bantham era over the corse of a season.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Allegedly, Sasha Banks is playing Sabine Wren and Mando travels to Krownest, an icy Outer Rim planet under Mandalorian control, which is also the Clan Wren ancestral homeworld.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

That’s a weird casting decision if that news is real

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Slashrat posted:

Regular cut-aways to Moff Gideon being informed that the superweapon project of the day has just been blown up would be ace. Just go through every stupid superweapon from the bantham era over the corse of a season.

Except the sun crusher that poo poo was dumb as gently caress

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Gonz posted:

Allegedly, Sasha Banks is playing Sabine Wren and Mando travels to Krownest, an icy Outer Rim planet under Mandalorian control, which is also the Clan Wren ancestral homeworld.

This sounds like a WeGotThisCovered-grade allegation.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gonz posted:

Lol. What's the source?

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
It's going to become a harem anime. Mask on, everything else off! This is the way.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can't find a specific source but there's a few people talking about it

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/s...79402#gs.iwseyk

These guys are saying you can see her in the first trailer watching Din Djarin. I haven't gone and looked

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riIT_dd39_Q&t=48s

Certainly looks like her in the cloak, nothing particularly Sabine-y about the shot tho

Azhais fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 23, 2020

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don’t think it’s disputed that she’s in it, just whether or not she’s playing Sabine.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, people were already speculating Sasha Banks' character when the trailer dropped. It'd be weird if she were Sabine because the character is Asian-coded.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

FYI, I looked around after the that post here, and the only "source" I can find is someone making a theory based on a different theory on what the ice planet is from the reddit group r/starwarsspeculation. So, uh, I wouldn't even call that "allegedly" at this point. It's just people guessing mixed with the theory version of a game of telephone.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/mandalorian-season-2-sasha-banks-sabine-wren-theory

I almost didn't share the link because it's clearly just click bait to generate hits, but I still did to showcase how silly it is. Like, I'm not saying she isn't Sabine (though it would be very weird if she is). I'm saying no one knows who she's playing, and this is just people making stuff up.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 23, 2020

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I've seen a couple of times posted that Sabine is Asian coded... it's been a while but I did not get that impression watching Clone Wars. Isn't she blonde?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I've seen a couple of times posted that Sabine is Asian coded... it's been a while but I did not get that impression watching Clone Wars. Isn't she blonde?

That's Satine, Obi-Wan's girlfriend from Clone Wars. Sabine with a B is the chick from Rebels who wears pink Mandalorian armor.

I know, it's confusing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It's not like Asians can't have blonde hair either. There was a period of my life where I dyed my hair blonde because I was super into K-pop, lmao. And Sabine's hair has been all sorts of colors :allears:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

teagone posted:

It's not like Asians can't have blonde hair either. There was a period of my life where I dyed my hair blonde because I was super into K-pop, lmao. And Sabine's hair has been all sorts of colors :allears:

Yeah, Sasha's purple hair fits right in

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Hazo posted:

That's Satine, Obi-Wan's girlfriend from Clone Wars. Sabine with a B is the chick from Rebels who wears pink Mandalorian armor.

I know, it's confusing.

Understanding has been bestowed upon me. I've been meaning to watch Clone Wars again anyway, and I've never seen Rebels at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Azhais posted:

Yeah, Sasha's purple hair fits right in

Justification of hair styles is similar to the fan casting several years ago when people wanted Brian Cranston to be Lex Luthor in the then-potential sequel to Man of Steel because he was bald in Breaking Bad, lol.