Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Which is absurd, only Michael Rosenbaum should be playing Lex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Man, I dunno. Jon Cryer is fuckin' killing it as Lex on the current slate of CW shows.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

Justification of hair styles is similar to the fan casting several years ago when people wanted Brian Cranston to be Lex Luthor in the then-potential sequel to Man of Steel because he was bald in Breaking Bad, lol.

Yeah, that was really silly. I remember he even commented on it, saying something like, "I mean, anyone can be bald. Also, my wife is tired of me bald, so once I'm done with Breaking Bad, I'm growing my hair back."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think we can all agree that Jesse Eisenberg was the worst possible casting choice for Lex Luthor imaginable.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Gonz posted:

Man, I dunno. Jon Cryer is fuckin' killing it as Lex on the current slate of CW shows.

Not as much as when he played Lex's nephew, Lenny Luthor

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Bust Rodd posted:

I think we can all agree that Jesse Eisenberg was the worst possible casting choice for Lex Luthor imaginable.

I think at that time Hollywood was just completely unwilling to make a movie without Eisenberg, for some reason.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Eisenberg rules as Luthor and every day his performance is more relevant and accurate

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Eisenberg was a great Lex Luthor in The Social Network.

Batman v Superman not so much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Phylodox posted:

Batman v Superman not so much.

That's honestly a great descriptor for BvS in general.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's not just doing Zuckerberg, he's doing every piece of poo poo petty billionaire who buys the government to get whatever he wants.

The one senator who isn't interested he throws get words back in her face when he murders her. He's got another senator literally eating from his hand

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Eisenberg rules as Luthor and every day his performance is more relevant and accurate

:hmmyes:

I've grown to really like Eisenberg's take on Luthor.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He's not just doing Zuckerberg, he's doing every piece of poo poo petty billionaire who buys the government to get whatever he wants.

The one senator who isn't interested he throws get words back in her face when he murders her. He's got another senator literally eating from his hand

This sucks and is not what Lex Luther is about, IMO

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah, it's a cool villain concept, not a cool Lex.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, Lex is about free real estate

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm catching up on the current Aphra comics and drat, it's so good. She really would be a perfect fit on The Mandalorian, especially surrounding the current narrative of trying to reunite a baby of an unknown/ancient species with its own kind (other than Jedi). She's exactly the kind of help Mando and Baby Yoda need.

[edit] Also, now that Gina Carano has been outed as a chud, her character can get killed off no problem and get replaced by Aphra as the recurring character that's badass and everyone loves :allears:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Azhais posted:

Yeah, Lex is about free real estate

Lex is about loving old ladies to get money, he's Lex Biyalistock

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Apparently the first episode this season is 52 minutes long (minus a few for the credits), based on a runtime leak on the app. I think that would make it the longest episode so far, and I’m hoping they’ll still trend on the higher side of the runtimes from last season.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/10/runtime-for-the-first-season-2-episode-of-the-mandalorian-revealed.html

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

teagone posted:

I'm catching up on the current Aphra comics and drat, it's so good. She really would be a perfect fit on The Mandalorian, especially surrounding the current narrative of trying to reunite a baby of an unknown/ancient species with its own kind (other than Jedi). She's exactly the kind of help Mando and Baby Yoda need.

[edit] Also, now that Gina Carano has been outed as a chud, her character can get killed off no problem and get replaced by Aphra as the recurring character that's badass and everyone loves :allears:

She COULD be the type of help Lothwolf and Cub need, but she is who she is, so we'll get half an hour of coming to like her and then she will try and drop both of them down a sarlacc pit because there's an old vase she thinks would sell.

Befriending Dr. Aphra is like loving Daredevil.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
If someone else wants to make a season 2 thread be my guest and go ahead given it starts airing this Friday.

Or we can continue to use this one and I can link the page where s2 reactions begin.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t think villains need to be forever frozen into whatever outdated archetype they were meant to represent when they were first introduced. BVS Lex speaks to relevant modern anxieties about the corporate elite and their influence on our society.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Bvs lex is one of the only good things about this movie. Excited for the new star war!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

AdmiralViscen posted:

I don’t think villains need to be forever frozen into whatever outdated archetype they were meant to represent when they were first introduced. BVS Lex speaks to relevant modern anxieties about the corporate elite and their influence on our society.

I think it’s better to use a new villain instead. To bring it back to Star Wars, we don’t need it to always be Palpatine. New things can happen with new characters.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Joker shouldn’t even wear clown make up anymore, and instead should be a hacker that uses 90’s tech nerd puns and 1337 speak

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

cancel Mando, give Aphra a series instead :kheldragar:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

The Joker shouldn’t even wear clown make up anymore, and instead should be a hacker that uses 90’s tech nerd puns and 1337 speak

With a tattoo on his forehead that says !)@|\/|@g3!) ? How fast can he hack a Gibson? Will he say things like Clark=L@m3? Will he play counterstrike and always say “terrorists win” over the mic? Will he snipe you from on top of the bridge in de_dust and tell you “cry more n00b?” Was I Lex Luthor as a 12 year old?

Side question: is myg0t around anymore?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Test Pattern posted:

She COULD be the type of help Lothwolf and Cub need, but she is who she is, so we'll get half an hour of coming to like her and then she will try and drop both of them down a sarlacc pit because there's an old blaster she thinks would sell.

Befriending Dr. Aphra is like loving Daredevil.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Just got a notification about this from Facebook. Seems like it might just be a long ad but so far it's Pedro falling in love with the animatronic Baby Yoda toy and I'm here for that so here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/videos/357820792170474

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Hazo posted:

Just got a notification about this from Facebook. Seems like it might just be a long ad but so far it's Pedro falling in love with the animatronic Baby Yoda toy and I'm here for that so here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/videos/357820792170474

Yeah, it's thirty minutes of merch ad but there are a few actor bits in there

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Giancarlo Esposito clearly not giving a poo poo about this promo and offering completely nonsensical advice on how to hold a sword (“if you’re right handed, you put your left hand on top!”) is incredible.

Also, god dammit Disney— all I want is my beskar phone case. It’s staring us right in the face and it’d be so easy to produce. Cmon.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
He's giving it the same respect that Orson Welles gave Transformers: The Movie. And it is glorious.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hazo posted:

Also, god dammit Disney— all I want is my beskar phone case. It’s staring us right in the face and it’d be so easy to produce. Cmon.

I did not realize that I wanted that until just now

radlum
May 13, 2013
Aphra being a one and done character for an episode would be great; it wouldn't contradict her story in the comics (its not like she's gonna die or retire by the time of ROTJ) and could serve to test the waters for interest in a live-action version of the character.

Also, beskar phone case sounds like a great idea.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I did a quick google and Etsy seems flooded with them.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
I get similar results for e'sthanith e'steel. But no imperial logo.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

My interest in Dr. Aphra is piqued by the thread talking her up. I’ve never used one of those digital comic distributors before; I assume they’re on one of them, right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

My interest in Dr. Aphra is piqued by the thread talking her up. I’ve never used one of those digital comic distributors before; I assume they’re on one of them, right?

They're on marvel unlimited

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Azhais posted:

They're on marvel unlimited

Cool, thanks. Google just gave me kindle listings that are $9.00 per volume and that’s more than I can afford right now.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cool, thanks. Google just gave me kindle listings that are $9.00 per volume and that’s more than I can afford right now.

You get a free 7 day trial with MU so if you buckle down you won't have to pay anything to read em, which is a pretty good deal if you're just after a single series on a budget

Hell, could probably get unlimited 7 day trials with bluestacks

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Just to note, there's the series titled "Dr. Aphra" about her, but she first appears (and has a decently sized role) in the Darth Vader series* by Kieron Gillen, so you may want to start there.

*There's three series by that name, it's the one that started in 2015.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Lord Hydronium posted:

Just to note, there's the series titled "Dr. Aphra" about her, but she first appears (and has a decently sized role) in the Darth Vader series* by Kieron Gillen, so you may want to start there.

*There's three series by that name, it's the one that started in 2015.

Interesting... is the Vader series worthwhile independently? Past maybe Rogue One, the film series since the buyout has been so lackluster that I assumed the new EU would be roughly just as unappealing.