Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Wow so they completely cut Bill Burr, who was originally Doctor Pershing in the leaked footage from D23.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Jerkface posted:

bill burr is a bounty hunter now

Yeah someone in CineD corrected me with screenshots of the leaks I swear I saw him in that role in. Oh well very happy hes still in it.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

Does this run at a high frame rate? My friend thinks it looks like a soap opera.

No. Been watching it in 4K and it looks totally normal frame rate wise.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Yeah it sounds like this is a problem with Disney+ app forcing certain picture settings on TVs.

Yikes, I hope they fix it because thats some bullshit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/dverqe/soap_opera_effect/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

"Woah there Mandalorian, theres still plenty of Beskar left in that ingot. You take that Beskar home and throw it in a pot with some broth and a potato, baby you got yourself a stew goin!"

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

I seriously want to know just how Werner Herzog ended up here when he's never even seen a Star War and isn't known for acting. why are you??

Herzog was the villain in Jack Reacher, is in 9 episode of Metalocalypse, had a guest spot on The Boondocks, Parks and Rec and Rick and Morty as well starred as a parody version of himself in the poker mockumentary The Grand. Dudes dabbled in acting for awhile now.

He has an amazing self awareness that makes him such a delight and elevates him to a level beyond most directors of his calibur.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Noirex posted:

welp, I guess my Christmas gift list is made whether they like the Mando or not :3:

I'm ashamed to say I never knew who Herzog was before this show and now my life is richer with him in it.

Do yourself a favor and watch as many of these as you can. Herzog is an absolute top tier legendary director who has made some absolutely fantastic films that are unlike anything. Hes one of the most unique voices in cinema and has veen for almost 40 years. He also has absolutely no hang ups about selling out occasionally to do some commercial work I.E. in 2012 he did a series of short docs about The Killers for American Express lol. Hes a loving gem of an artist.

Narratives:

Aguirre the Wrath of God
Stroszek
Fitzcarraldo
Nosferatu
Cobra Verde
The Engima of Kaspar Hauser

And if weird German cinema isnt your thing
these are his good modern American narratives:

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
Rescue Dawn(based off his documentary on the same story)

Documentaries:

Grizzly Man
Encounters at the End of the World
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Lessons of Darkness
Little Dieter Needs to Fly
Into the Abyss
Lo and Behold
My Best Fiend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Starks posted:

Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre are such great loving movies. Burden of dreams, a documentary about the making of fitzcarraldo (and the origin of the famous “overwhelming and collective murder” quote), is also amazing and available on YouTube iirc.

It should be noted Kinski was a monster though.

To be fair, Herzog pulled a gun on Kinski on set and threarened to kill Kinski and himself if he walked off and at one point also tried to set Kinskis house on fire and was only stopped by Kinskis dog. Not that Kinski didnt try to get revenge and wasnt a maniac himself.

It blows my mind this could even be considered on topic for a Star Wars thread btw.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 26, 2019