Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

it's gotta be his mob name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I thought Tim said it was his highschool nickname, and they went to highschool together.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

derp posted:

still chuckling about how all this ominous buildup about the power of mercy, for the entire season really, concludes with a confused old man quoting some shakespeare and singing a hymn. just incredible lol

in retrospect maybe a bit obvious he wasn't gonna say anything substantial given he pretty much never has

wonder if Joey is gonna stick around, would be pretty funny if Tim spent all of next season just fuming about him kicking his rear end during the Oscar Special. I mean hes still obsessed with revenge against Rosetti just for doing his job

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
To be fair Rosetti was a rat. Corruption, just top down, in the government.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Salt Fish posted:

I thought Tim said it was his highschool nickname, and they went to highschool together.

I'm pretty sure that was just Tim trying to awkwardly bro out with him, and they didn't know each other before this season (or one of the recent seasons).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

derp posted:

He said something during the special like 'i don't drink tequila anymore' so there is at least some implied history there

I dunno. A line like that definitely implies a history, but he had a whole planned segment about whiskey, which seemed competent and responsible enough, well, outside of giving alcohol to Tim. I think it might have been more of him politely being a whiskey snob. At least the impression I got.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My impression was that Tim was trying to get on Joey P's softball team and overheard that he used to be called Joey Patron.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It would be very funny to me if next season started with no mention of everything that happened and Joey is still co-host

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This season had such a specific cultivated look and I'm really excited to see the set and tone for the next season. Season 10 also was very very specific in how the set was designed, although I'm not sure if it was in reference to something.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It would be very funny to me if next season started with no mention of everything that happened and Joey is still co-host

Joey takes charge as the new alpha dog, Tim is cowed into submission, Gregg goes incel/misogynist. It turns into one of those podcasts where a couple of arseholes are sitting at a table with a bunch of women who are supposed to sit there being as stupid as possible.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
bang bang

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

This season had such a specific cultivated look and I'm really excited to see the set and tone for the next season. Season 10 also was very very specific in how the set was designed, although I'm not sure if it was in reference to something.

The sports talk shows on ESPN all look like cobbled together sets for youtubers nowadays, and it drives me nuts. They really nailed it with the decor this season and I loved to hate it. Season 10 was trying to ape the feeling of contemporary interview shows that look clean and professional but are done by people on shoestring budgets. A black room with two chairs and a couple large white foam props, it doesn’t get much cheaper than that.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
the thumbnails were very on point, to the extent that I think some people were actually really bothered by them

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I don't like scotch.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

huh posted:

bang bang

this fuckin song's been stuck in my head all day

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Salt Fish posted:

I think part of the joke too is it sounds like Joey Fatone, but yes Tim clearly said they drank Patron a lot in high school.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I don't like this bird.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i really wish they cut out the obnoxiously loud commercials at least on repeat viewing. i miss rewatching the specials while im trying to fall asleep

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

A whole segment for Joey's Take but Joe E.'s Take was consistently blocked by devil.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I hope the next season is another Amato production hosted by Joe and Joey

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love Joe Estevez. Every time he mentioned the young lady who got his last signed Bobby Zdar photo, the camera would cut over to her in the audience and she was at least 70 years old. He is a class act.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ingmar terdman posted:

I hope the next season is another Amato production hosted by Joe and Joey

They should have their own competing show.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nichael posted:

They should have their own competing show.

On Investing with investment guru "Judge" Joe Estevez with cohost and real estate magnate Joey Patron

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What does Larue think of all this?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's keeping his eye on it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Honestly nobody is safe its only a matter of time before tim kills again

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

It's movie time!
https://www.heinetwork.tv/movie-time/new-movies-reviews-for-this-week/

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love that terrible website design, it reminds me of when someone at Cartoon Network made home pages for all the Space Ghost C2C characters. Zorak's was a chaotic mess of late-90s tables with huge thick borders, and Moltar was trying to sell his rusted-out car

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/ocatcofficial/status/1769828000596422820?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
At this point you have to wonder if Rosetti the Rat is protecting Joe "Joey Patron" Patrocelli. Notice how they both have mafia names.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Courageous Christian Father dot com

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

quote:

It’s now clear to me that for no reason I can know of That It was in Fact The Amando Group who is behind the killing of Matt Neman. I asked in the new Dekkar song “Bang Bang” Did He Die in Vein? The Question Remains. And When will we see the answer?

Just an amazing paragraph.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scrolling through the "Top Rated Movies" on Prime and every single one, no matter how obscure or poorly regarded, is 4 1/2 stars. Just the most useless system ever

Of course every time I flip to the next tile and 4.5 comes up I'm like FIVE BAGS OF POPCORN,

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
"G. Amato (no longer my dad in my opinion)"

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Doltos posted:

At this point you have to wonder if Rosetti the Rat is protecting Joe "Joey Patron" Patrocelli. Notice how they both have mafia names.

I love the supporting cast becoming more and more Italian as the seasons go by

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

I love that terrible website design, it reminds me of when someone at Cartoon Network made home pages for all the Space Ghost C2C characters. Zorak's was a chaotic mess of late-90s tables with huge thick borders, and Moltar was trying to sell his rusted-out car

the text being covered up by the images must take actual effort to pull off these days

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Has Joey publicly apologized yet for assaulting Dumbledore?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just realized the reason they put him in that Dumbledore getup covering most of his body was to easily replace him with a stunt double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

quote:

New Movies reviews for this week
Hey Guys! I am feeling a little better after the events of Sunday, “Joey’s Take” seems to be that he is a Lunatic and once again Tim has wasted a season of our Movie review show giving space to someone truly terrible that no one wanted who proved to know nothing about movies, that space on the show could have been used for Popcorn Classics which I have no shortage of that I would like to talk about.

As promised, here is a New Review for every one on this site who cares about Movies, it is the final Ma and Pa Kettle movie “The Kettles On Old Macdonald’s Farm”, this features a different actor as Pa Kettle, yes Percy Kilbrite retirederetired, and was replaced here by Parker Fneenely, who is also great. This is a movie about Ma and Pa being “match makers” to some people in their neighborhood. There is also some strange stuff going on with Ma and Pa. Overall it is a Five Bag of Popcorn movie and I will throw in a few kernels of corn that they can plant on “Old Mac Donald’s Farm” and hopefully grows into a Popcorn tree (I am just kidding, I know how Popcorn grows! ) You should see this one if you can find a copy. Snack Shack is another one I saw this week and also loved. Five Bags!!!! And i will throw in a Soda, not because that is Tim’s favorite thing to throw in with bags of Popcorn, but because in this case it matches the Plot of Snack Shack (it’s about some guys who sell snacks at a wsimming pool). Five Bags to Snhack Shack.

https://www.heinetwork.tv/movie-time/new-movies-reviews-for-this-week/#comments