Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I don't like this bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I enjoyed how much the softball team came up this season.

Really enjoyed it and Joey is an excellent character :)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Just catching up with this today.

I almost had to leave the room when Gregg was getting Kaili to guess the link between the tapes.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
lmao poor joe's sign

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

LesterGroans posted:

I almost had to leave the room when Gregg was getting Kaili to guess the link between the tapes.

100, highlight of the night for sure

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Powerful display of mercy for G. Amato to allow Joe Estevez to keep his mustache

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm jealous of all those who attended Joey's five hour seminar on real estate.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

im on a terrible internet connection so i missed some chunks of last nite' live broadcast, also, i was drinking, as is oscers tradition,

doing the annual afternoon next-day rewatch; its even better than last night

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I was literally saying "oh no, oh noooo, oh no" out loud as soon as it became clear what he was doing lol. Incredible moment.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Technically Kaili didn't say no

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol the merch table girl stole the show for me too

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I understood what was happening during the second movie while my girlfriend was trying to guess the connection. It was the best part.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

just remembered we never got to see the rest of Tim's HEI Way keynote

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Fritzler posted:

I understood what was happening during the second movie while my girlfriend was trying to guess the connection. It was the best part.

Yeah, he said the name of the second movie and I had an immediate and enveloping sense of dread. My wife figured it out from the first movie, but that's probably because she hates Gregg?

Overall I really enjoyed this one, it didn't have the same sense of complete insanity as the one where a guy in a coma is painted gold and spun around till his air tube come out and he wakes with a nosebleed staining his luminous skin, but maybe that's good.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

JAMOOOL posted:

btw just wanna point out that Matt shot whoever wound up killing him so it almost certainly wasn't Joey himself

Reading at face value love how Joey is just probably a decent dude who was concerned that G was being taken advantage of.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I didn't catch that they actually moved his table to the other side!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If G Amato is ultimately responsible for the hit and is a crime person then that puts Axiom and Manuel’s visa sponsorships at risk.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Danger posted:

Reading at face value love how Joey is just probably a decent dude who was concerned that G was being taken advantage of.

Yeah Joey is surprisingly grounded as a character and might just be looking out for G Amato. I think that also comes through in him not liking Tim since he probably views Tim and Gregg as conmen while the audience views Joey and G Amato as the fraudsters.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Doltos posted:

Yeah Joey is surprisingly grounded as a character and might just be looking out for G Amato. I think that also comes through in him not liking Tim since he probably views Tim and Gregg as conmen while the audience views Joey and G Amato as the fraudsters.

This adds up 100% to me, except for the part about Tim yelling that Amato killed Matt.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

This adds up 100% to me, except for the part about Tim yelling that Amato killed Matt.

Tim was drunk and emotional, he probably just said it because he's that kind of guy

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I finally subbed to the HEI network after all these years. Catching up on the pinocchio meltdown was amazing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Joey seemed to genuinely love whiskey and Tim treated that whole segment exactly the same way that he treats any of Gregg's movie segments. You could tell that Joey was extremely irked by that.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Detective No. 27 posted:

Joey seemed to genuinely love whiskey and Tim treated that whole segment exactly the same way that he treats any of Gregg's movie segments. You could tell that Joey was extremely irked by that.

The "oh I'm eating a mint" part was probably my favorite joke of the night. I also loved the plastic cups they had, like the ones you'd serve non-alcoholic punch out of at a church potluck.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Danger posted:

I think regardless of intent Joey is definitely trying to look after G's finances. He got upset for a split second when Gregg said they were trying to start back up on Baboon and I think that might just have been because he knew it was a huge waste of money and that G would be easily swayed to invest in it again. It's possible the only reason he got involved with On Cinema at all was to keep a closer eye on what G was sinking his money into.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Flying Zamboni posted:

I think regardless of intent Joey is definitely trying to look after G's finances. He got upset for a split second when Gregg said they were trying to start back up on Baboon and I think that might just have been because he knew it was a huge waste of money and that G would be easily swayed to invest in it again. It's possible the only reason he got involved with On Cinema at all was to keep a closer eye on what G was sinking his money into.

G also said in a meeting between Tim, G. and Joey that baboons was cancelled and Gregg wasted the money. Then later, when G. was on the show alone he started talking about how much he loved the props and thought it was a great idea.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if there are two G amatos

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Joey seems like a pretty even tempered and nice guy for a mob enforcer but spending a season putting up with Tim and Gregg is probably enough to cause anyone to explode unless they have that Joe Estevez Zen

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

joey's a made man who is putting himself in the position of running everything as g. amato descends further into senility

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
It is wild Joey would clock him like that as they are brothers in many ways

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tim has been betrayed by so-called "brothers", "sons", and fathers so many times. :(

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/axiaofficial/status/1767026982947332402?s=20

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

We were definitely meant to believe that Joey had something to do with Matt's death, since he disappeared at the same time that Matt was shot...but in the end I think it was a red herring. Maybe G. Amato was somehow involved but I think it's just as likely he's a shady and senile but ultimately legitimate old businessman who Joey is looking out for (and probably benefiting from, too). I think Matt was himself up to some shady stuff, and possibly hired someone to scare his mom so she wouldn't kick him out of the house but it went sideways.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

"It's my very last one, man, so... I only give this to my very best friends"

But, like... there's another one right there...

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't think about it during the show, but in retrospect I am a bit disappointed that Gregg's tapes weren't destroyed this year

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Just his heart.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Prop Wash posted:

"It's my very last one, man, so... I only give this to my very best friends"

But, like... there's another one right there...

He said it was the last one signed by Z'Dar

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cognac McCarthy posted:

We were definitely meant to believe that Joey had something to do with Matt's death, since he disappeared at the same time that Matt was shot...but in the end I think it was a red herring. Maybe G. Amato was somehow involved but I think it's just as likely he's a shady and senile but ultimately legitimate old businessman who Joey is looking out for (and probably benefiting from, too). I think Matt was himself up to some shady stuff, and possibly hired someone to scare his mom so she wouldn't kick him out of the house but it went sideways.

Not a terrible theory, but wouldn’t the authorities have found communications between Matt and the hitman? I have a feeling that if Tim was competent enough to figure out how to operate Discord to contact Matt’s CoD buddy, someone would have stumbled upon a text message or email. Matt would not have been able to delete texts from beyond the grave.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

LesterGroans posted:

Great special. Definitely not their strongest season and I was really hoping for some closure on the Matt thing but the chaotic last 10 minutes was pretty entertaining.

Juul-Whip posted:

just remembered we never got to see the rest of Tim's HEI Way keynote

I loved that every time he mentioned it he was "almost done" with it. He had months to get it done. Even right before the con it was "coming along".

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 12, 2024

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Not a terrible theory, but wouldn’t the authorities have found communications between Matt and the hitman? I have a feeling that if Tim was competent enough to figure out how to operate Discord to contact Matt’s CoD buddy, someone would have stumbled upon a text message or email. Matt would not have been able to delete texts from beyond the grave.

The fact that Toni won't give the computers to the police was mentioned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I solved it.

After recognizing his incredible acting talents from the Baboon footage, G Amato hired Mark to do the hit. He’s the spitting image of the AI mugshot. The Hitman’s unrecognizable voice was the product of Mark’s amazing impersonation abilities. It’s why he wasn’t at the show. The bus/trailer tractor story is just a cover up and would explain away the gunshot scars on his chest.

:bustem: