Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
God drat, you picked a good time to start this thread. The latest ep may be the best On Cinema there’s ever been.

Re: Tim’s response to reviews of Mr America, Tim’s character is very close to the real Tim Heidecker. I think the real distinction is that Tim has decent morals and the character Tim has bad morals. They share the same personality, otherwise. This is what makes his podcast unlistenable to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Earth Table posted:

Last night, I went to a screening of the entire Trial at the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens. It was probably one of the best theatergoing experiences I have ever had just because everyone "got" it and Tim and Gregg did a post-screening Q&A afterward where they talked about prepping their respective characters.

At almost 5 hours, it moves surprisingly swift and is packed with pretty good jokes. This whole series really is just a great satire of our dumb times. Between Gregg's inability to think critically about media to Tim's quasi-Trump persona, its perfect. The fact that it's spawned this and a motion picture is just incredible, honestly.

Really wish I could’ve gone to that.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Tim’s performance during the HEI financial evaluation is gutting to me. Tim obviously deserves it, but his mannerisms are very similar to mine when reacting to truly dire circumstances.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, the Decker character is insane but it’s honestly pretty accurate to late career Seagal.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, Tim is a character who lives in a state of perennial fascination with the kind of guy he thinks he wants to be.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I don’t believe in supporting the streaming content/patreon model. I only buy quality products I can hold in my hand, like Dekkar Peppar https://shop.merchcentral.com/products/on-cinema-dekkar-peppar

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

g-c posted:

cliff notes version of what happened last night? can't justify a ticket at the moment and im dying to know

Mister Movies accidentally did all his movie research on the 2020 Oscar nominees, not 2021, so Tim brought Gregg on the show to pinch hit. Then, Tim tried to convince Gregg to gamble for control of the VFA. Gregg decided to leave the show and Tim tried to have Larue detain him, leading to Gregg running over Larue with the Mobile VFA.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

In writing that out I realize now how similar OCATC and professional wrestling are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Entertainment’s a real trip. Maybe it’ll be a different experience to watch now that I’ve seen Gregg perform as anyone other than Neil Hamburger.