Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I don't know why it continues to work so well, but I always crack up at Tim butchering the names. I especially like when he says "Casting by".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I finally got around to the Oscar special for this year.

When the "Empty Bottle" remix kicks in when everyone's passed out may be one of the hardest laughs the show's ever given me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

derp posted:

oscar special 7 is the absolute pinnacle of on cinema, holy poo poo. pure gold from the moment gregg drives in the aurthur mobile with that stupid grin on his face, to when that god awful empty bottle remix starts playing while everyone is dying of carbon monoxide poisoning, amazing.

The spoilered part is maybe the hardest I've ever laughed at the show, which is saying something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I've been casually rewatching episodes and that slow push-in on Tim realizing how hosed he is when Toni is explaining the poo poo contract he has kills me every time. Then it immediately goes into his Charlie's Angels review.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Ingmar terdman posted:

And tim was also laughing at how many people were watching Cappy Rick

lmao gently caress, I wanna see the rehearsal

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

derp posted:

tim failing to pronounce names is just never not funny. how has that joke not gotten old in ten years

I remember watching it for the first time and assuming they'd phase it out because it would run its course... But it absolutely keeps delivering. I think "casting by" always gets me. Also when he randomly pronounces a name perfectly.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

From a screening of the 9th Annual Oscar Special last night

https://twitter.com/JimJarmuschHair/status/1527528795346915328?t=wo6D0SzbMv43YbZv-NP5ZQ&s=19

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

That DICK! posted:

the 8th special wasn't the best but the image of gregg turkington fleeing the scene of a potential vehicular homicide with anguish on his face as wendy belts out "back in the HEI life again" is burned into my brain, and it actually kind of broke my heart to rewind to the beginning of the special when he's just so darn excited to talk about some movies on tinseltown christmas

I can only imagine this scene with the twitter edit where they put "Nightcall" from the Drive soundtrack over it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The reveal that the star rating is out of four instead of five made me laugh really hard.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

derp posted:

The start of the show seeing his red face I was already wondering what the next medical issue was going to be for him, never expected 10 hours per day of direct sunlight LOL - he's going to be getting progressively redder all season isnt he

I'm very, very excited to see how red and grey he can get

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

huh posted:

Tim has an uncanny ability to lampoon others. See his send up of Bill Maher's podcast and Joe Rogan's podcast.

Tim pre and post Trial is probably my favourite Trump parody

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

laughed so hard at Gregg's "oh... come on" when Tim announced Dekkar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Just catching up with this today.

I almost had to leave the room when Gregg was getting Kaili to guess the link between the tapes.