Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Just finally getting current with on cinema, working my way through season 11 and am now watching Mister America and holy poo poo I can't believe this was released in theaters. somehow i thought it would pretend to be an actual movie, but no it's just a straight up On Cinema movie. i've not finished yet (watching in bits while at work) but when greg showed up and the first thing out of his mouth was an Oh God reference i had to pause i was cackling so much. i'm so glad this exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

take off that loving hat gregg

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
It went from just right to too long to just right again several times

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
"casted by" just never gets old

edit: I just got to MT bottle 3.0 holy poo poo that autotune, my god

derp fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 3, 2020

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oscar special 7 is the absolute pinnacle of on cinema, holy poo poo. pure gold from the moment gregg drives in the aurthur mobile with that stupid grin on his face, to when that god awful empty bottle remix starts playing while everyone is dying of carbon monoxide poisoning, amazing.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

sponges posted:

All the Oscar specials are pretty great.

Except the Our Cinema one without Tim. I don’t know if they couldn’t get money that year or it was part of the joke but, man, kinda dull.

Did you not watch the whole thing? Haha

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
tim bursting in, spraying mace on the host, claiming the deep state is going to arrest everyone at the Oscars in 30 minutes and having a big countdown to nothing, then in the end finding out that he blanked all the tapes in the vfa cause he was wearing a vest of magnets

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fritzler posted:

This isn’t the Our Cinema Oscar special that he was talking about. Our Cinema is the one with a Gregg, Mark and a white board while Tim is on tour in Dubai. Tim does call in though. You’re talking about The New On Cinema Oscar Special.

oh wow, an oscar special i haven't seen? im gunna have to look that up

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fritzler posted:

This isn’t the Our Cinema Oscar special that he was talking about. Our Cinema is the one with a Gregg, Mark and a white board while Tim is on tour in Dubai. Tim does call in though. You’re talking about The New On Cinema Oscar Special.

oh god!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

derp posted:

oh wow, an oscar special i haven't seen? im gunna have to look that up

oh my god this is killing me, they can't go 2 minutes without something falling over

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

*empty bottle remix playing*

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ive never listened to the podcast, is it worth it to start from the beginning already knowing their shennanigans on the youtube show?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
well i'm doing it anyway and omg their disagreement about startrek 2 goes all the way back to the podcast haha

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Where can I find the podcast these days?

i'm listening here https://soundcloud.com/on-cinema-podcast

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
who is operating the camera and lights on this our cinema special holy poo poo hahaha

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
rewatching the first oscar special and tim was absolutely losing it and disguising it as 'pain in his finger' while gregg was going on about the massive write in campaign the hobbit would receive to win all these awards it wasn't nominated for

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Tim: destroying Gregg's videotapes since 2013

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
omg why are there minions hahahaha

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what a steal

Tim and Toni in the mornings will air every day from 6 am to 12pm so it's totally worth the money

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the song 'little lamb' on tim's new album is apparently about those people "Oh little lamb, you've been following me so long, reminding me who I was and who I am, and who I am not anymore...."

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Tetramin posted:

I just read this thing again and i forgot how incredibly funny it is. Mark is just completely baffled at every message

https://marionswish.com/marions_wish.pdf

can you imagine being friends with those two, my god

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I got one tooooo, i've got the feverrrrrrr

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
there is already a complete playlist on youtube, has been there forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFHLfmoLchI

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I heard that Gregg's version of the oscar special will be VHS only, and the tapes will be sent to ticketholders two months after the oscars (it takes time to make all those copies!) not much else info on it, though we do know the runtime will be 97 minutes

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

g-c posted:

hey everyone I just am here to say that I am new to OC@TC but I am really enjoying catching up on things. I cannot believe Tim had the audacity to ruin Gregg's VHS tapes all those years ago at the 1st annual Oscar show. I hope by the time I am up to speed that Tim has replaced the ruined tapes!

ah i wish i could watch it for the first time over again... you are in for so many treats

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

i remember when he first showed the picture of baby tom cruise jr, i was 100% sure it was going to end up being actually gregg's kid, and that would be why gregg seemed to care way more about ayaka and the baby's wellbeing than tim.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think people have said that the baby playing Tom Cruise Jr actually is Gregg's kid

it sure looks like him, haha, thought for sure it was intentional

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
good read https://www.vulture.com/article/tim-heidecker-hei-network-on-cinema-interview.html

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
still thinking about how Mr America was actually released in some theaters. can you imagine watching it without knowing anything about oncinema

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Another Bill posted:

One of my favorite bits is how annoyed Gregg gets everytime Tim tries to give a movie 6 bags.

its extra funny because the first movie to get six bags was the hobbit, and greg didn't have a problem with it then

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yesterday I figured out that Kington got his name from Turkington.

omg how did i never realize this. turKington heiDecker

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
dang, i never finished watching gregg's stream and now it's gone private :( :(

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
jeez, you guys are such cynics. Tim is just a genuine romantic guy who wants to get married the RIGHT way: with pastor Lewis there to watch him kiss the bride <3

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo haha

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

Hey that pyramid scheme is funding HEI Network thank you very much!

not anymore lol

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Raeg posted:

Clearly the only reason Tim was angry with Rock House was it reminded everyone of Axiom's beautiful singing voice and his rage at being outdone came to light. Otherwise, Rock House was the perfect trailer for a perfect show.

This was my interpretation too, it's so perfect that axiom and manuel are actually talented but have somehow been manipulated and used up by tim. like lolol that Tim is the singer when ax has a voice like that. Also remember it came out in the Trial that empty bottle was basically a remake of a song by manuel's old band

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Axiom literally saved greggs life

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if we'll ever get to meet Mark's brothers, and i wonder if Mark does any impressions of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ice cold haha