Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Joe Estevez seems like the nicest human being on the planet.

I give him five bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

sponges posted:

They’re hilarious and an important part of the storyline

Even if you're not majorly concerned with the plot, the Oscar Specials are probably the funniest stuff that On Cinema creates. They're a must watch.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

The constant Oh, God! references always get me because that was a movie my Dad loving loved for some reason. I’ve seen Oh, God! like 20 times.

There may not be a funnier moment in the series than when Tim is going through his crack vape haze and Gregg is babbling endlessly and throws in a reference to Oh, God! Even while strung out and barely conscious; the mention of that movie causes Tim to spring back awake with terror in his eyes.

It's masterful.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Tom Cruise Jr is also Gregg's son in real life, so maybe the kid just wanted his dad to stop talking about Oh, God!

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I don't think it's been "confirmed" anywhere, but people on the On Cinema subreddit made a point of it. Also his wife posted a few pictures of them out as a family and the kid is a spitting image of TCH.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think Gregg really cares about Ayaka. Not in a romantic way, I don't think he's capable of that. But I was shocked towards the end of season 8 while Tim was recovering from burns Gregg asked apropos of nothing what was up with her/how she was doing. He has never asked any personal question before. Even when the baby died he could only talk about the baby as an actor and reference the media it appeared in.

I think the most fascinating thing about Gregg is seeing when he cares about someone or something without it being related to movies. I know when Tim was on his vape spree, Gregg called Axiom to let him know what was going on. He also let Ayaka and TCH stay in his apartment despite how much he hated them interrupting his viewing of Rookie of the Year, starring Gary Busey.

Tim is the most fun to watch, but Gregg is such a deeply-layered mess of a human being.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I’m on Day 2 of The Trial and good god this painful to watch. It’s like hours of just Tim mispronouncing actor names.

To be clear, I love it.

Objection

....Is it officially a tongue twister?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Just throwing in another huge recommendation for the Oscar specials.

I admire the actors' ability to stay in character live for 3hrs, although they sometimes crack and it melts my heart. Gregg in particular can be seen holding in laughter at times.

The only reason Gregg is about to laugh is because he's thinking about some of George Burns crazy antics in Oh, God! a popcorn classic!

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Budgie Jumping posted:

I gotta say, the name mispronunciation gag felt like a ripoff of Between Two Ferns at first, but Tim does it so much better than Zach. And gently caress Ferns in general anyway.

Did Zach Gasmatafsky do something lovely?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Anyone enjoy the telethon thing? I keep starting it and it just sounds like Normal Tim doing office hours for a while
Non-video oscar special just makes me cry

I donated to get Gregg to provide my friend a Popcorn Classic for "Nothing But Trouble." It just got sent today. Totally worth the money.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

I finally have a reason to be exciting for the Oscars.

Would you say you have Oscer Fever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

it was literally just greg

The best part is that if he had spelled it right, all the dominoes would have gone down, but the tapes spelling E just sat there standing up.