Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

drat, it sounds like Joe was gone from the last Oscar special bc he was getting cancer treatment. Pretty nuts that he’s right back already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Tetramin posted:

I miss Gregg and Mark doing Our cinema Oscar special lmao. I was watching it a while back and was loving dying as they are constantly dropping poo poo on the ground, papers are flying everywhere, their whiteboard falling down. Even Gregg nearly breaks a couple of times

The long break where it’s just dead air after they get the call where Manuel is frantically trying to find Tim and the display alternates between “call 911” and “don’t jump” was great

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I like how this implies that in universe on cinema’s fan base are terrifying weirdos https://www.tiktok.com/@wendykerby/video/7000507034449743109?lang=en

FrancisFukyomama fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Nov 16, 2022

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Got around to watching that leaked rehearsal and Joe’s iPhone being a prop bc he has flip phone irl bc he can’t understand how to work these newfangled smartphones is adorable

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

https://www.heinetwork.tv/personal-video-messages/ i wonder if axiom will have his in character disfiguring injuries

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I love G. Amato and Gregg just staring at each other at the end

G amato’s weird delivery and bizarre facial expressions really bring out some check it out/awesome show vibes. He reminds me a lot of Pablo Myers

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

The most important plot thread right now: the mystery of Baboon(s)

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Oscar will be hosted by a broken man

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Did anyone save any of the patreon content before it went down? Since it sounds like it got scrubbed after they stopped maintaining it and moved to HEI and there was a lot of content lost in the process

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

huh posted:

What sort of things were on it?

Kinda hard to tell since the descriptions are gone but it sounds like there was at least a secret podcast, in character blogs/essays, ooc q&as, and odd stuff like Tim and Bobby valli singing fly me to the moon together

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

He’s been Greggpilled https://twitter.com/ocatcofficial/status/1627712803644768256?s=46&t=dRUfl35rd96Tl7ScHGgY0g

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

https://vxtwitter.com/manuel_giusti/status/1628080643530956801?s=46&t=h1rLEnpA9o8z9a-tNHD3UQ

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

19 o'clock posted:

oh poor Mark :3:

that elvis segment was wonderful. he truly is a master impersonator.

In os2 mark effortlessly did wc fields impersonating another person, without ever being asked, something he can no longer even grasp the concept of. Another talent robbed from him by oxygen deprivation.

FrancisFukyomama fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 13, 2023

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I hope that this isn’t the end of ax and Manuel being on the show even though this would be a pretty appropriate ending to their arc

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

derp posted:

ITZ NAHT A TUMOR

blood clots

I’ve just been going through all my stuff in storage
there’s just so much stuff… so much stuff
*stares haunted into the distance*

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Blaming the state of Texas for allowing his wife to leave him is a very Tim line of logic

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Wikipedia posted:

On September 19, 1995, Redenbacher died in the Jacuzzi of his condominium in Coronado, California. He suffered a heart attack and drowned. He was cremated and his ashes scattered at sea.

On the September 23, 1995, edition of Siskel & Ebert, Roger Ebert eulogized Redenbacher by calling him "a man who took popcorn seriously, as seriously as we take the movies." His co-host, Gene Siskel, added that "he actually was more than just a cute, cuddly advertising figure. He actually was a scientist who came up with a new strain of popcorn that really kept that whole industry alive [...] that's a real contribution."

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

derp posted:

rewatching lucky season 7 and the reveal that the VFA is a tiny storage unit, and gregg 'sorting and cataloguing' is literally sitting in the dark in a tiny storage unit watching tapes, i forgot how hilarious that was

The disheveled, unshaven Gregg jumpscares are the best.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Data Graham posted:

Oh god, and there was one episode of the podcast series where they had on an actual film buff as a guest, I forget who it was but he was talking about stuff like themes and symbolism and cinematography and actors' careers, and Tim and Gregg just mocked and gaslit him and called him an idiot

I feel like they Borat-ed Larry Thurman since he looks genuinely annoyed by Gregg and never came back on the show

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

They’ve been talking about wanting to do an IC social media platform for a while on HEI, I wonder if that’s something they’re going to do while the show proper is on hiatus due to the WGA strike

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

The VFA tour footage has been released

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

My fav part of mister america are the haunting shots where Gregg walks to a nearby bench and sits down and stares straight ahead when he thinks he’s no longer being filmed bc he’s like an NPC with no internal life outside of the show

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Gregg has never experienced a moment of self doubt in his life

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

They’re going fast

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Office hours seems pretty high energy for a talk show, I’ve listened to a few eps and it sounds like there’s a lot of visual gags you miss if you’re not watching the stream

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol Joey's top 4 actors Brando, De Niro, Pacino, DiCaprio

The otatc cast gets more Italian every season

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I still think it’s funnier if Gregg does watch all the movies he just has so little critical insight it’s indistinguishable from him not seeing any of them

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Joey seems like a pretty even tempered and nice guy for a mob enforcer but spending a season putting up with Tim and Gregg is probably enough to cause anyone to explode unless they have that Joe Estevez Zen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Doltos posted:

At this point you have to wonder if Rosetti the Rat is protecting Joe "Joey Patron" Patrocelli. Notice how they both have mafia names.

I love the supporting cast becoming more and more Italian as the seasons go by