Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Another on cinema thread! My day has been made!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock posted:

When I watched the Oscar Special segment with TCH Jr. being brought back to life my jaw was agape. I couldn't believe how loving insane the tribute was to his (effectively) murdered child.

I've had a great life. You two were the best parents. I grew up to be healthy, handsome, and successful as an actor and model.

Aw, that's awesome man.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Remember when Joe Estevez (an angel from heaven) was introduced and Tim reeled off all of his movies which took a full 4 minutes?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
[cross post from other thread]

I want to be your D.A. and I hope I have your vote...because I'll fight harder than anybody out there. Combined.

gently caress this piece of poo poo!

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Would you say you have Oscer Fever?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Stairmaster posted:

it was literally just greg

Fake news.

"It's something I've been working on for the past few weeks."

"Well there were about 20 people that were involved who helped set this thing up and make it come to life..."

- Gregg Turkington

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock posted:

Doesn’t Gregg defend that it’s spelled both ways?

"It's spelled both ways" - Gregg Turkington

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The second Oscar special is a real gem.

Something that really got me is when they keep trying to cross live to Larry Turman on the red carpet for some celebrity interviews. Both times the cross fails. But just the idea that Larry freakin' Turman would do famous star interviews is so drat funny. I can't even explain why.

Also of note:

* Tim's obsession with the Ukraine situation
* Sally Kellerman flirting with Tim
* Gregg's hobbit feet

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
cross post from other thread

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Tim had his wife sign annulment papers and then asked her to marry him again and now they are having another wedding live on the oscer special.

Also he mumbled to her that it isn't a divorce therefore there are no financial consequences...

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

luncheon meat posted:

oh god, he's taking her surname to avoid some kind of legal trouble isn't he?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

TTBF posted:

Reminds me of the Trial where the one kid testified "and as everyone was falling down, I can remember hearing Empty Bottle over and over again"

That is amazing. I love it.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Detective No. 27 posted:

Finally, Gregg Turkkington will be tried for his crimes.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

AccountSupervisor posted:

Theres just all these amazing flourishes like in the Taylor Swift bit where he briefly over explains the studio and the engineer and producers and those small moments just suck the steam or momentum out of anything hes setting up. Then he just lays the worst non-punch line on top of that structurally awful set up and its so brilliant.

It elevated everything beyond just "lol dumb jokes" into something like comedic antimatter.

I know the most obvious comparison is Andy Kauffman but Heidecker seems much more focused on structurally terrible comedy. He understands exactly how stand up comedy is "supposed" to be and feel but does everything to simultaneously mimic yet completely subvert it.

Yeah that's a nice description. I'm going to watch it again this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it.

How long was the microphone fumbling bit? Too long? or Just Right?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Oscar Special 7 gifs from the other thread. So good.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
never gets old.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://heinetwork.tv/hackers-possibly-responsible-for-influx-of-minions.php

"“It was very concerning to see how these hackers breached our servers and disrespectfully added Minions to the site without our permission” Webmaster Matt Newman, who initially built the site with his associate Chris had failed to install proper security matters and their future involvement with the site’s management is under review."

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock posted:

I love that Gregg refers to documentaries as “not real movies”.

"Have you seen that movie Beyond and Back from about 1980? It's a documentary about people that died and came back to life." - Gregg, on Mark not dying, The 5th Annual Live On Cinema Oscar Special.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

"Website observers shook their heads and expressed disspoitment (sic) that the site was as a barren graveyard, no one visits it and it was a flop from the start. "

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock posted:

Just subscribed to the HEI network for the Oscer Special.

I've got the Oscar fever!!!!

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

sponges posted:

Mark does an impression of the Three Stooges that’s unparalleled. It’s like Larry, Curly and Moe are alive again

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Season 5, Episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrL8tyJLeJk&t=504s

huh fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 7, 2021

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Two of my favourite crooners of all time. Together. Amazing.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock posted:

I’m thinking about when Jack Decker water boarded the terrorists with an American flag and how it was be the most patriotic thing I’ve ever witnessed.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Slightly off topic but the latest season of Decker has some great cameos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ingmar terdman posted:

The ant-man/fantastic 4 rivalry era might be my favorite running Tim vs Gregg joke in the OCU. Just how much it warped the fourth wall that the character versions would be in these movies, and then instead of just not reviewing/discussing them they write it into the show. And then the real life aspect of ant-man being popular and fantastic 4 eating poo poo.

It's up there with the star trek debate gag. Almost ten years running