Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Mark seemed much happier working with Tim than Gregg.

A real shame James Dean was nowhere to be found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Another Bill posted:

Holy gently caress lol

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK_iydsYSiI

I'm Gregg's barely hidden contempt for entertainment news

Oh Denise...

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Got around to watching that leaked rehearsal and Joe’s iPhone being a prop bc he has flip phone irl bc he can’t understand how to work these newfangled smartphones is adorable

Leaked rehearsal?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

I’m guessing this is going to be how they work in the Seven Minutes in Heaven concept they originally had from the 2020 Oscar special.

Explain please.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

In the 2020 Oscar special when everyone gets gassed at the end, one of the story lines that was supposed to be setting up was that Tim and the pastor were going to meet up in heaven before Axiom saves them all and they were going to do a book together called Seven Minutes in Heaven (the implication being that they got married in heaven or something like that and that was going to lead to Tim's eventual divorce from Toni).

However, the woman playing the pastor refused to get vaccinated or wear a mask so they couldn't have her back for the 2021 Oscar special and episodes, so that storyline had to be abandoned. But last year when they did a live Q&A, Tim mentioned that they were still planning on returning to the general idea for that storyline in the future.

Thanks for the write-up. Maybe he'll have met Kaili's husband and that leads to the marriage.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Mr. America is fun.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Crescent Wrench posted:

I also picked up the On Cinema Reader book (https://www.dragcity.com/products/brandan-kearney-s-on-cinema-at-the-cinema-reader-vol-1-2010-2018), which, just flipping through it, is going to be a gem. Even the INDEX was funny.

I had no clue this existed. Just bought it.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

From their email:

"We would like to clarify that we are still participating in and in solidarity with the ongoing and hugely important WGA/SAG-AFTRA strikes for fair wages, benefits, and job security. As a team we have discussed what is possible for us to do without crossing the picket line and in conversations with our production studio, decided that this made the most sense. This Summer Recap is both a fun part of On Cinema and a way for us to show you that we are not leaving you in the lurch. We have more in process that you will hear about soon!

We do not know how long this strike will last and so we can't say when we will be able to restart our full production. We are hoping that early next year we can bring you Season 14 of On Cinema at the Cinema and more.

For our HEI Annual Subs that have become members or resubscribed this year, we are adding on three months of free HEI Network to your subscriptions to make sure that no matter what you will be able to view the new Season without having to pay again. This change is not reflected in your account yet, but we will send out an update to you when it is."

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Doltos posted:

Gregg has clearly not watched every popcorn classic, which is ridiculous considering they're all classics

The man has yet to see Sully.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Anyone listen to the new podcast? I've booked my trip to the Philippines to see Marlon Wayans. Gonna stay at a Motel 6.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I don't know how to do it without downloading a new app on my phone.

Listen to it on your desktop.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I can't tell if they mixed in the italian food commercials themselves but there are so many and its mixed so loudly lol

Listen to Episode 3.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Started dating someone and gonna have them marathon the series before the next Oscar special.

It'll be a good litmus test whether a relationship will work out. If she's not a Gregg-head, I'll have to find someone new.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 8, 2024

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

G. Amato on IMDB has a casting reel that is about mercy:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10397503/?ref_=tt_cl_t_1

I could hear the video playing after I closed every program on my phone. I had to power off to make it stop.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

The VFA Is MOVING!!!!

The VFA has outgrown its old building, which is bursting at the seams from so many rare and precious movies we have acquired through our industry sources as well as other secret sources. We need a Giant building such as an old Kmart building that is now vacant, or a sky-scraper, to house all these movies. Who out there could donate a building? If you are in real estate and have an old building that needs some TLC, and that will soon become famous when it becomes the new V.F.A., get in touch. Preferably it would have living quarters for our Archivist as well. The temperature inside the building must be kept cool so that there is no damage to the tapes. Any one who donates a building will have automatic use of the film library (select titles) and will have a plaque in their honor (right next to plaques honoring Humphrey Bogart, Hitchcock, and other movie heroes). We will also hopefully have movie actors place their hand prints in cement when the building opens to the public for screenings and to accept donations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

huh posted:

And for future planning:

And 2 months where you don't eat anything.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I emailed about VFA Jr. and haven't gotten a response yet. Everyday my 6 year old nephew isn't learning about the VFA archival system, is a day he will be bullied.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I pray this leads to another trial where Tim is the prosecutor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

We already had the trial of G. Lucas!

Touche.

But I want a sequel. Although Tim wouldn't be allowed to be a prosecutor for a murder trial. But he could for a civil case around not being given the Ford Focus.