Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
I've already re-watched various cartoons I grew up with. Some held up surprisingly well. Others... not so much.
Re-watch highlights for me included Captain Future (the German version - though this is notably older than the 90s), Batman: The Animated Series, Gargoyles and Reboot.
Parts may have been uneven but all of them had a lot of entertainment value.

X-Men... probably doesn't hold up quite so well as the above. The voice work is often quite, uh, special, with the entire world being made of ham. But at both its best and at its worst it's rather entertaining, it's only when it's mediocre where it suffers the sin of just being boring.

Most of the shows I'd recommend if you want to hurt yourself are more from the late 80s and I've re-watched everything I personally would dare to already, so I'll just wish you good luck with your X-Men adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Some things to keep in mind for your X-Men marathon:

- Cyclops is the most massive square and phenomenally useless
- Jean Grey exists to faint from exhaustion from using her powers or pretty much anything really
- Gambit is really sketchy at all times
- Storm will not say anything without it being a pronouncement of immense importance. I believe her powers require her to yell, or they won't work.
- Xavier is not very good at his job
- Wolverine really, really wishes he could use grown-up swears
- Beast is Smart, which is why he reads books and quotes things, like smart people do.
- Rogue is actually great, except she's never around when you need her, or forgets her powers half the time she actually is.
- Jubilee was supposed to be audience stand-in. They do pretty much nothing with her.
- So many Liefeld-era characters, cameos and designs! Woo!

Soul Reaver fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 14, 2019