Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

I actually had no idea Steve Moore was paralyzed in the incident

Yeah he wasn't, the guy that said that was probably just remembering wrong. It hosed him up pretty bad, but it didn't paralyze him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Intruder posted:

I actually had no idea Steve Moore was paralyzed in the incident

He wasn’t. He broke his neck, which ended his hockey career.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jivesauce posted:

Yeah he wasn't, the guy that said that was probably just remembering wrong. It hosed him up pretty bad, but it didn't paralyze him.

Yea he fractured like four vertebrae in his neck or something like that but he wasn’t paralyzed.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/247KevinBoilard/status/1195212733437878272

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mason definitely dropped an N-bomb or 8.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Hmm guess I thought he was paralyzed. Still, ended a dude's career and then Bertuzzi pulled the ultimate spinzone by saying he was obligated to obey his coach to do it and sued the head coach. Bertuzzi fuckin sucks and it's BS he was ever allowed to play again.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

how can a dirty play occur after the whistle! the play is dead! thats between plays!!

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Bertuzzi fuckin sucks and it's BS he was ever allowed to play again.

Totally agree.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Andy Reid took a helmet to the face like that once but it was one of those helmets with the bowl in the top that you fill with cheese.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Andy Reid took a helmet to the face like that once but it was one of those helmets with the bowl in the top that you fill with cheese.

Filled with cheese and bad clock management, it all makes sense now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

dont forget to rate this thread a 5! see ya in the gold mine

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tim Whatley posted:

Hmm guess I thought he was paralyzed. Still, ended a dude's career and then Bertuzzi pulled the ultimate spinzone by saying he was obligated to obey his coach to do it and sued the head coach. Bertuzzi fuckin sucks and it's BS he was ever allowed to play again.

I didn't see the followup stuff at the time and it looks like just about everyone involved with the situation on the Canucks side was a huge piece of poo poo

e: this tweet makes a good point

https://twitter.com/CNNRGLDN/status/1195221119336402945

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 15, 2019

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
No it doesn't head trauma is head trauma. He literally hit him over the head with a five pound helmet using NFL strength.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Arian Foster has a bad take on this

https://twitter.com/ArianFoster/status/1195215189504929797

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A big flaming stink posted:

gentlemen gentlemen lets compromise.

both the browns and the steelers are Banned from football

This was a good post in the middle of all of that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ship the Browns out of Cleveland again so they can immediately win a championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Intruder posted:

Ship the Browns out of Cleveland again so they can immediately win a championship

Myles will be able to literally murder someone and walk. Baker will become a serial rapist. OBJ will go full AB84. Landry will go outspoken homophobe. Chubb will find some children to beat.

They will then win a title in Tallahassee because Florida needs more teams