Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Y'know, I get the QB sneak is a very effective play, but I feel like when you have Chubb and Hunt you should just use them. Oh well, it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Zyla posted:

remember when they called them the killer b's

now the only thing they kill are [joke here]

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I only deal in 80's wrestling, are these the guys who would wear masks and then dive under the ring to change them so no one knew who should be in the ring?

I believe so

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Barudak posted:

The average us new car buyer is like 55. Cars are not for people anymore and car companies see the writing on the wall

I'm totally willing to buy a new car (I've never owned a car that wasn't at least 10 years old and now have the means to change that), but even though nobody's buying them, it seems like the prices aren't dropping at all. Why are all of the compact cars $18k in the most minimal bare-bones packages?

Saving $7-10k for a one-year-old car with less than 30k mileage... it's just impossible to argue with, the savings are just so substantial for going used.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Holy poo poo that's Adeniyi, Burns, Conner, and JuJu out. Not sure about Diontae Johnson

Wait, when did Conner get injured? He started the game, right?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Keeping up with carchat, I just saw this article: https://jalopnik.com/ford-and-gms-decision-to-abandon-small-cars-is-already-1839858417

The first comment lines up with folks here:

US consumers: haven’t had a meaningful raise in decades.

Ford: Lets scrap every vehicle we sell that costs less than $20k.

US consumers: cool, so we’ll be buying cheaper small imports now.

I didn't even know the Chevy Cruze is gone. I think the commenter is wrong to set the price point at $20k, though. Only a Kia Forte's MRSP is meaningfully below that line at $17,790 as a starting price. I guess also a Subaru Impreza at $18,695, too. Last I checked though (a month or two ago), a new Toyota Corolla was $19,600, a Honda Civic was $20,550, and a Mazda3 was $21,000 all at minimum trims.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Glad Randall's not on the Packers anymore, what a dirty loving play

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Thursday football should be restricted to teams coming off of a bye week (and not occur at the start/end of the season when there isn't a bye week). These games are always a loving bloodbath.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I kind of love that Pittsburgh realized their only hope is to just chuck it deep every other play in the hopes of drawing a flag, because honestly that's probably the best strategy when you're a bad quarterback with an injury-ruined roster of skill players

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Whoa dang that catch

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Such a sweet catch though. It feels wasted like a frat kid drinking origial recipe 4lokos.

When those got banned in my state, I was in college. A couple of guys in my dorm heard about it and then spent an entire day criss-crossing from various grocery stores and buying literally a couple grand worth of them. They had big plans to resell them. I think they resold... maybe 10% of them? It was a wild loving week in the dorm.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I usually roll my eyes at "this team has no discipline" stuff because I think that it's usually not-so-veiled "THUGS!" bullshit, but holy loving poo poo how many times do the Browns have to prove this season that there is zero loving accountability on their roster for being jackasses, what the hell is wrong with this team

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Does Freddie Kitchens literally not know that the clock stops when there's a change of possession?

Is Freddie Kitchens the dumbest man to ever somehow coach a professional football team?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

What the hell is this silly symphonies post-game music

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

"A rivalry is when your marching band punches guys from Michigan when they walk on to the field. [...] I'm not saying it's right, but you have to acknowledge that now Cleveland fans can say there's a rivalry now. [...] To Browns fans, you can't take away the rivalry part of it." --> Cleveland sports radio host

lol what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Freddie's having a pretty hard time with this post-game conference.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Garrett legitimately did nothing wrong

Whoa dang good username/post combo, have you been planning this for seven years