Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I only deal in 80's wrestling, are these the guys who would wear masks and then dive under the ring to change them so no one knew who should be in the ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sweet thursday posted:

Kitchens the offensive mastermind who is incapable of successfully using world class wide receivers and runningbacks

And possibly a quarterback? We'll never know at this rate.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Garrett just dominated someone or other on that play, that was ridiculous.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh my god the combination of not tackling and not being able to run after not being tackled there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

razorscooter posted:

tomlin honestly seems fine, having him probably beats having whoever this other guy is

Well no doubt as far as that goes, but Randy Fichtner who is apparently a real person and the offensive coordinator I have questions about.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was a cute play, I approve.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Do the Browns practice? Like has Baker been on the same field as Odell?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Obj and Baker do not work at all

As someone who hasn't watched much of the Browns this season this is the most ridiculous thing to me.

On paper perfect receiver when he cares with bombs away quarterback even if he isn't the greatest should be...well something more than this at least.

Hey now, that was a good catch. By someone who wasn't Odell.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know if Rudolph is making all the right reads but I'm kinda impressed at the Browns linebackers in coverage from the little I've seen here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinji2015 posted:

So what's been worse this season, MNF or TNF? I'm inclined to say MNF solely on the basis of the MNF crew, but TNF games have been bad this year.

There have been several good TNF games this year!

This is...not one of them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Again, if you’re going to play a total garbage QB, at least play the one named Duck Hodges

Do you still have the aerospace engineer who looks like an alien on the roster?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

meeler09 posted:

I watch a lot of big 12 football and I don't ever remember seeing rudolph's throwing mechanics look as garbage as I've seen tonight.

We all made a lot of fun about that seeing ghosts things from Darnold, but I think this goes on a lot more than we think.

Not that either Rudolph or Darnold are necessarily good (one has a better chance than the other), but a good pass rush can scare the poo poo out of anyone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A big flaming stink posted:

is the stadium playing sandstorm

Sandstorm can be cool. No I swear.

That video will be more fun than the rest of this game. Or the entirety of this game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

hey that was p fun

I linked the wrong South Carolina video :( Although that one was fun too.

There's so much energy here, and one poor Rooster.

There was also the time they played it during the game when the other team took a time out which is a dirty goddamned trick and unfair. I don't even like South Carolina.

And I'm posting all this while the only interesting thing in the game happens.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That should probably be a suspension? Like, weaponizing a helmet (in that fashion) seems as though it's not a good thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean having said that it's a lot smarter than punching a helmet. Like, if you want to hurt someone rip the thing off (or your own) and use it like a mace.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pakled posted:

lol all that on a completely inconsequential play

The game is long over when all of this happens, it's amazing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

This is a hell of a take on what just happened

I'd have to imagine something set Garrett off and he didn't just want to murder the lovely quarterback?

Doesn't excuse it of course, just saying something must have pissed him off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

On the replay he didn't even use the effective part of the helmet to try to kill Rudolph. I see one game at most.

Jokes aside I actually do only see a max of 4 games for that and think it'll probably be less. Not because of what anyone deserves but because of the NFL.

e: Has Garrett been fined/suspended before? That'll play into things.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

lmao he could have legit killed rudolph if he connected with the bad part of the helmet, mason is still hosed up from that horrific concussion

I'll note again I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's the NFL and that's what they'll probably do.

Wouldn't mind being wrong.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

i feel like this is worse!

Depends, are we using NHL style punishment? Think Haynesworth's stomp did a lot more damage while this one had the chance to do way more damage than that but didn't.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

surf rock posted:

"A rivalry is when your marching band punches guys from Michigan when they walk on to the field. [...] I'm not saying it's right, but you have to acknowledge that now Cleveland fans can say there's a rivalry now. [...] To Browns fans, you can't take away the rivalry part of it." --> Cleveland sports radio host

lol what the gently caress

Who was the Lions guard that took out someone on the band before a game?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alright I'm a bad person but I still can't get over how funny Rudolph throwing his hands up to the refs and then getting shoved to the ground is after all of that is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Was he one of those guys caught with old tweets?

I don't remember anything that'd be bigger than that, and I think I'd probably remember.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well for better or worse this is why you don't turn an NFL game off even after it's functionally over.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

There's a very old incident where a baseball player went to town with his bat charging the mound. I don't know what the punishment was.

e: Todd Bertuzzi probably belongs here even though he just used his body weight.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I once got into a silly argument with someone who was saying that this happened in a split second and Bertuzzi did nothing wrong. When he was stalking the guy around the ice and winds up like a loving cartoon throwing a punch before driving him into the ice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Steve Smith would know something about this type of thing. Not the helmet thing, but the losing your mind on the field thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I only have ESPN, what has Steve Smith been saying?

Said even if the NFL didn't shut Garrett down for the rest of the year the Browns should.

Not sure how much of this is a hot take and how much of it is realizing maybe that might have been a good thing for him to get his mind right at one point in time. I just saw the last bit so maybe there was some more explanation before.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Andy Reid took a helmet to the face like that once but it was one of those helmets with the bowl in the top that you fill with cheese.

Filled with cheese and bad clock management, it all makes sense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A big flaming stink posted:

gentlemen gentlemen lets compromise.

both the browns and the steelers are Banned from football

This was a good post in the middle of all of that.