Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The Dawg Pound endzone graphics thing is literally the most embarrassing thing for the Browns in the last 20 years, which is saying a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Are the Steelers supposed to be better than the Bills on defense? Because it definitely felt like we were moving the ball much better last game.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

defaultluser posted:

I recall them doing this against the ravens, and then forgetting how to play the NFL for the next five games.

It's been surreal watching the Browns play this season. It wouldn't be out of character for them to forget how to play again next week.

They are really inconsistent and I think the biggest issue week to week tends to be playcalling.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm a bit behind, that a loving poo poo hit.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he should get suspended.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I thought the last penalty was a bit questionable but that one was just dumb by the defender.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

Innovative flag-based offense here

Don't the browns commit the most penalties in the NFL?

If you take out the game when they had a team record number of them, they were only slightly above average.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
More likely to be something like a ruptured ear drum, right? I think that usually comes with bleeding?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah double PI.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

So does Tomlin call plays? Ive always been kinda curious what coaches who don't call plays do since most of them end up being dead men walking or jason garret

I always thought in theory the HC calling no plays was the right idea. It's easier that way for there to be a person to overrule the play caller when he's being dumb over and over.

In practice it's usually garbage though, right?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

The Browns should be way better than this. Kitchens is abhorrent.

He's probably the single biggest problem. I really hate the idea of firing a first year coach, but I won't be mad at all if they fire kitchens

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Tomlin has his flaws, but he seems like a pretty good coach.

Look at the Browns, look at the Jets. That is what a bad coach gets you.

This game is great highlight of that. The Browns look like the more talented team, but seem to get absolutely nothing with that vs the Steelers.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That camera angle was bad for actually seeing the game, but was cool for seeing how hard it is to field punts.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

Jesus F Baker runs from the pocket immediately when he hears a single footstep

Yeah, he's got that the jitters bad all season. A lot of the time it makes sense, because our line is bad, but he runs on tons of plays with minimal pressure too.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Browns didn't fall for that pretending to run out to the ball twice at least lol

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Mayfield to OBJ really has to be some kind of Chemistry thing. Such a high percentage of the bad plays seem to be directed at him. Nobody else seems to have that problem on the browns.

Is it chemistry between the two or is Freddie like calling the perfectly worst routes for OBJ somehow?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's because my QBs are usually the bad ones, but I always feel really bad watching QBs melt down. Like it sucks, and they usually suck more while trying harder.

It reminds me a lot of watching Weeden over and over. He clearly tried super loving hard, especially when the chips were down, but absolutely sucked especially when desperate.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Are they chanting Baker rocks because lol.

I think it's "Pittsburgh Sucks"

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

A big flaming stink posted:

is the stadium playing sandstorm

Yes, for some reason it's always on our stadiums playlist

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I mean I guess Mason started it, but trying to kill him with his own helmet seems like a disproportionate response?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

wyoak posted:

What if Mason did a racism

I mean I have no evidence of that but what if he did

I was already seeing people claim that.

Probably with 0 evidence at all, but I guess it would explain a previously not insane person going insane?